Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
FCA US Reports Fourth-quarter and Full-year 2022 Sales Results
  • 2022 total U.S. sales decline 13% versus 2021 calendar year, in an industry projected to be down 8%
  • Total PHEV U.S. sales increase 26% year over year and 21% in the fourth quarter versus last year
  • Jeep® Wrangler 4xe is America’s best-selling plug-in hybrid vehicle, up 46% year over year and 22% in the fourth quarter versus same period last year
  • The all-new 2022 Grand Cherokee 4xe accounts for 5,686 (11%) of Grand Cherokee total U.S sales in fourth quarter
  • Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid up 123% in fourth quarter retail sales versus same period last year
  • Dodge Challenger retains No. 1 muscle car claim for second consecutive year
  • 2022 total U.S. sales of Dodge Challenger up 1% and Dodge Charger up 2% versus 2021 calendar year
  • Dodge brand’s total U.S. sales increase 15% in fourth quarter versus same quarter last year; Challenger, Charger and Durango up 27%, 3% and 22%, respectively, in fourth quarter
  • Strength of demand for Ram Commercial fleet vehicles gives the Ram ProMaster van its best-ever total sales in the fourth quarter, up 33% versus same period last year
  • Ram ProMaster City sees its best-ever retail sales in fourth quarter, up 102%; sees its second best total sales in the fourth quarter, up 83% versus same period last year
  • 2022 saw a record year in total sales within the U.S. commercial fleet channel across its vehicle portfolio, up 28% year over year; up 48% in the fourth quarter versus same quarter last year

January 4, 2023 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - FCA US LLC reports sales of 347,669 vehicles in the fourth quarter and 1,547,076 vehicles for 2022. Overall, total U.S. sales for the fourth quarter declined 16% while full-year results decreased 13%.

The company's total PHEV U.S. sales increased 26% year over year and 21% in the fourth quarter versus last year. Stellantis is setting the course for 50% passenger car and light-duty truck battery-electric vehicles (BEV) sales mix in the United States by the end of this decade.

“We saw strong demand for our PHEV offerings in the face of industry market conditions that carried across 2021 into 2022, including production constraints and a disruption of parts and materials in general, which adversely affected our overall sales,” said U.S. Head of Sales Jeff Kommor. “Sales of the Jeep® Wrangler 4xe increased 46% over last year, and the all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe, introduced to the market late last year, accounted for 11% of the nameplate’s performance. As we look to 2023 and navigate the industry transformations that are occurring, we will continue to work closely with our customers to meet their demands and the needs of our dealer network.”

The Jeep Wrangler 4xe, the first-ever electrified Jeep Wrangler, remains America’s best-selling plug-in hybrid vehicle, with 43,176 (24%) of total Jeep Wrangler sales in 2022. Sales of the Wrangler 4xe increased 46% year over year, and 22% during the fourth quarter versus the same period last year.

The 2022 Grand Cherokee 4xe, which went on sale in late 2022, accounted for 5,813 (11%) of Grand Cherokee U.S sales in the fourth quarter. The vehicles represent the brand's start of its electrification strategy to provide new levels of efficiency, environmental responsibility, performance and capability, on and off the road.

Two of the first all-new electric SUVs that will launch in North America, the all-new, all-electric Jeep Recon and Wagoneer (code name Wagoneer S), were revealed as part of the brand’s 4xe Day on September 8, 2022.

The Jeep Compass increased 14% in total yearly sales versus 2021 and was up 9% in fourth quarter total U.S. sales versus same quarter last year. The new Grand Wagoneer and Wagoneer continue to gain sales momentum with the vehicles selling a combined 47,995 units in 2022.

The Dodge brand’s total U.S. sales in the fourth quarter increased 15% versus same quarter last year. The Dodge Challenger retained America’s No. 1 muscle car claim for the second consecutive year.

The brand also saw 2022 total U.S. sales of Dodge Challenger increase 1% and Dodge Charger up 2% versus 2021 calendar year. Challenger, Charger and Durango were up 27%, 3% and 22%, respectively, in the fourth quarter versus the same period last year.

In 2022, the brand also announced the Dodge Hornet, its first electrified vehicle; seven “last call” editions of the Dodge Charger and Dodge Challenger; and its all-electric Charger Daytona SRT Concept during the brand’s first-ever Speed Week event in August.

Dodge further extended its dominance as a compelling favorite, claiming the top spot among mass-market brands for the third straight year in the J.D. Power APEAL Study™. Dodge was first among mass-market brands for the third consecutive year – the only domestic brand ever to achieve such a streak.

Chrysler 300 total U.S. sales increased 15% in the fourth quarter versus the same period last year. Additionally, the new 2023 Chrysler 300C, which was announced during the return of the Detroit Auto Show this past September, saw reservations for the vehicle sell out in 12 hours.

The Pacifica Hybrid accounted for 14,392 (15%) of total Chrysler Pacifica sales of 98,624 in 2022.

The Chrysler brand ranked 11th among mass-market brands in the J.D. Power 2022 U.S. Sales Satisfaction Index (SSI) Study™ and climbed 28 points from 2021 – the greatest improvement in the mass-market segment.

screenshot-2023-01-04-at-11-25-59-am-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I am amazed they are still finding and selling discontinued Dodge Darts and Vipers

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
The Wrangler 4XE is the best selling PHEV! I never would have thought that. We have been looking for a PHEV Rav4 for a year. Toyota won't let you order one. I tried to get my wife to go for a 4XE, but no go.

Sponsored

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
25% of all wranglers sold are 4xe, that's huge.
I see them daily it seems… this confirms it though. That is a significant indicator of what our future Jeeps will be…

BearFootSam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed
Journey and Cherokee took a beating. I’d read the Cherokee is getting axed. It was never my taste, always seemed a sour note after he XJ, but all in all not objectively bad. Certainly better than a large number of x-ovrs. It is just a crossover but did have some chops that I credit FCA for.

Do they even make the dart anymore, 10?…. Interesting that the Wrangler sells almost quadruple the gladiator. I’d have gotten a wrangler but the gladiator is far, far more practical.

RJinPV

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired
The Wrangler 4XE is the best selling PHEV! I never would have thought that. We have been looking for a PHEV Rav4 for a year. Toyota won't let you order one. I tried to get my wife to go for a 4XE, but no go.
Maybe she'll like the Grand Cherokee 4Xe. The interior is extremely nice and should beat out a RAV4. My wife really liked it. The price is likely higher but it depends on what model, and I haven't checked it out to be sure.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Toyota won't let you order ANYTHING. I wanted a Track Red GR86 premium with the 6 speed manual. Salesman said even without the supply shortages, they can't order specific builds from Toyota, they only get what Toyota sends them on their own, so if they only get an Automatic GR86 in white, that's it.

I ended up buying the Jeep instead. Toyota finds dumb ways to lose customers.

Sponsored

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
FCA US Reports Fourth-quarter and Full-year 2022 Sales Results
  • 2022 total U.S. sales decline 13% versus 2021 calendar year, in an industry projected to be down 8%
  • Total PHEV U.S. sales increase 26% year over year and 21% in the fourth quarter versus last year
  • Jeep® Wrangler 4xe is America’s best-selling plug-in hybrid vehicle, up 46% year over year and 22% in the fourth quarter versus same period last year
  • The all-new 2022 Grand Cherokee 4xe accounts for 5,686 (11%) of Grand Cherokee total U.S sales in fourth quarter
  • Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid up 123% in fourth quarter retail sales versus same period last year
  • Dodge Challenger retains No. 1 muscle car claim for second consecutive year
  • 2022 total U.S. sales of Dodge Challenger up 1% and Dodge Charger up 2% versus 2021 calendar year
  • Dodge brand’s total U.S. sales increase 15% in fourth quarter versus same quarter last year; Challenger, Charger and Durango up 27%, 3% and 22%, respectively, in fourth quarter
  • Strength of demand for Ram Commercial fleet vehicles gives the Ram ProMaster van its best-ever total sales in the fourth quarter, up 33% versus same period last year
  • Ram ProMaster City sees its best-ever retail sales in fourth quarter, up 102%; sees its second best total sales in the fourth quarter, up 83% versus same period last year
  • 2022 saw a record year in total sales within the U.S. commercial fleet channel across its vehicle portfolio, up 28% year over year; up 48% in the fourth quarter versus same quarter last year

January 4, 2023 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - FCA US LLC reports sales of 347,669 vehicles in the fourth quarter and 1,547,076 vehicles for 2022. Overall, total U.S. sales for the fourth quarter declined 16% while full-year results decreased 13%.

The company's total PHEV U.S. sales increased 26% year over year and 21% in the fourth quarter versus last year. Stellantis is setting the course for 50% passenger car and light-duty truck battery-electric vehicles (BEV) sales mix in the United States by the end of this decade.

“We saw strong demand for our PHEV offerings in the face of industry market conditions that carried across 2021 into 2022, including production constraints and a disruption of parts and materials in general, which adversely affected our overall sales,” said U.S. Head of Sales Jeff Kommor. “Sales of the Jeep® Wrangler 4xe increased 46% over last year, and the all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe, introduced to the market late last year, accounted for 11% of the nameplate’s performance. As we look to 2023 and navigate the industry transformations that are occurring, we will continue to work closely with our customers to meet their demands and the needs of our dealer network.”

The Jeep Wrangler 4xe, the first-ever electrified Jeep Wrangler, remains America’s best-selling plug-in hybrid vehicle, with 43,176 (24%) of total Jeep Wrangler sales in 2022. Sales of the Wrangler 4xe increased 46% year over year, and 22% during the fourth quarter versus the same period last year.

The 2022 Grand Cherokee 4xe, which went on sale in late 2022, accounted for 5,813 (11%) of Grand Cherokee U.S sales in the fourth quarter. The vehicles represent the brand's start of its electrification strategy to provide new levels of efficiency, environmental responsibility, performance and capability, on and off the road.

Two of the first all-new electric SUVs that will launch in North America, the all-new, all-electric Jeep Recon and Wagoneer (code name Wagoneer S), were revealed as part of the brand’s 4xe Day on September 8, 2022.

The Jeep Compass increased 14% in total yearly sales versus 2021 and was up 9% in fourth quarter total U.S. sales versus same quarter last year. The new Grand Wagoneer and Wagoneer continue to gain sales momentum with the vehicles selling a combined 47,995 units in 2022.

The Dodge brand’s total U.S. sales in the fourth quarter increased 15% versus same quarter last year. The Dodge Challenger retained America’s No. 1 muscle car claim for the second consecutive year.

The brand also saw 2022 total U.S. sales of Dodge Challenger increase 1% and Dodge Charger up 2% versus 2021 calendar year. Challenger, Charger and Durango were up 27%, 3% and 22%, respectively, in the fourth quarter versus the same period last year.

In 2022, the brand also announced the Dodge Hornet, its first electrified vehicle; seven “last call” editions of the Dodge Charger and Dodge Challenger; and its all-electric Charger Daytona SRT Concept during the brand’s first-ever Speed Week event in August.

Dodge further extended its dominance as a compelling favorite, claiming the top spot among mass-market brands for the third straight year in the J.D. Power APEAL Study™. Dodge was first among mass-market brands for the third consecutive year – the only domestic brand ever to achieve such a streak.

Chrysler 300 total U.S. sales increased 15% in the fourth quarter versus the same period last year. Additionally, the new 2023 Chrysler 300C, which was announced during the return of the Detroit Auto Show this past September, saw reservations for the vehicle sell out in 12 hours.

The Pacifica Hybrid accounted for 14,392 (15%) of total Chrysler Pacifica sales of 98,624 in 2022.

The Chrysler brand ranked 11th among mass-market brands in the J.D. Power 2022 U.S. Sales Satisfaction Index (SSI) Study™ and climbed 28 points from 2021 – the greatest improvement in the mass-market segment.

screenshot-2023-01-04-at-11-25-59-am-jpg.jpg

I wonder if the challenger, charger, Durango sales are what they are due to the last rush for the srt?? (Just a thought.)

WoolyKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Engineer
Toyota won't let you order ANYTHING. I wanted a Track Red GR86 premium with the 6 speed manual. Salesman said even without the supply shortages, they can't order specific builds from Toyota, they only get what Toyota sends them on their own, so if they only get an Automatic GR86 in white, that's it.

Correct Toyota does dealer allocation, there is no custom order with them. Before shortages they would just swap cars from one dealer to another dealer if you wanted anything specific. Anywhom looks like 4xe is here to stay, if gladiator goes to 2nd gen. we will surely see that option.

JAVIERGONZO

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Navy
I wonder if the challenger, charger, Durango sales are what they are due to the last rush for the srt?? (Just a thought.)
Definitely i legit know 6 people who have bought hellcats and demons just because of the "last year of the v8" trend

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Well, they lost me. I've had five Tacomas, and after three recalls on my 2018 TRDPro, I went back to Jeep, and glad I did. The JTR is a much better off-road machine. I'm not keen about the wind noise from the top, but that's the only issue. And, damn the gearing is low (have and MT) compared to the TRDPro.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maybe she'll like the Grand Cherokee 4Xe. The interior is extremely nice and should beat out a RAV4. My wife really liked it. The price is likely higher but it depends on what model, and I haven't checked it out to be sure.
She looked at them, but likes a smaller car. It's her money, and I like to keep her happy. I have my JTR, so I'm fine with whatever she chooses.
Sponsored