First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
I had one in just about all my trucks over the years, never had a problem with them drying quickly just don't put a tonneau cover over until they are dry. Never saw any wear in any of them , hauled everything in them parts, gravel, sand mulch. Power wash out and good to go. I have the mat in my JT because I was patient enough to wait.
Sponsored

smw17gladiator

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Max Tow
I had one in just about all my trucks over the years, never had a problem with them drying quickly just don't put a tonneau cover over until they are dry. Never saw any wear in any of them , hauled everything in them parts, gravel, sand mulch. Power wash out and good to go. I have the mat in my JT because I was patient enough to wait.
Thanks very much. Definitely what I was hoping to hear. Now even more psyched to get it installed. May feel a sick day coming on since weekend just seems to farā€¦šŸ˜¬

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They claim that you can just hose it out, but I have yet to haul anything that requires that yet. I have hauled a ton of stuff over the last few days and it was super easy. Everything just slides in and out and nothing gets scratched.
It may be fine with gravel and sand. But I know that I'd want it clean again after using it for stuff like that. Which would mean some time cleaning. IMHO, if you are regularly hauling sand, there are better options.

But for everything from lumber to furniture, to bikes, this looks awesome.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you have the one that is custom cut to the floor but doesn't go up the sides?

If yes, how do you deal with water getting under it and staying there?

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
Correct just the floor, no issues with water staying under it, it drains out just like if it wasnt there and it is non absorbent. I wash my kayak off in the bed and then hose the bed down really good , lift the edges up and get all the sand and mud washed out leave the tonno open and it takes not time to dry. Once dry depending on how long of a nap I take after fishing , go out and close tonno and all is good. And this is all with spray in liner as well.

So you have the one that is custom cut to the floor but doesn't go up the sides?

If yes, how do you deal with water getting under it and staying there?

Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Ugh... I think I'm going to have to look into this again. Is there still a discount on these?

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correct just the floor, no issues with water staying under it, it drains out just like if it wasnt there and it is non absorbent. I wash my kayak off in the bed and then hose the bed down really good , lift the edges up and get all the sand and mud washed out leave the tonno open and it takes not time to dry. Once dry depending on how long of a nap I take after fishing , go out and close tonno and all is good. And this is all with spray in liner as well.
The floor only is much much less money. It would seem to be the way to go if you already have a spray in bed liner.

Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
YayMud!

YayMud!

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
car guru
Got mine this week too. Really excited to make the time to get it installed. Appreciate the photos and info from those whoā€™ve installed already. Couple questions if anyone knows.

First, I have the trail tail system. When I ordered from Real Truck they explained that the bed rug is intended to be trimmed around the trail rail. Iā€™m wondering / thinking I could just remove the trail rails and cut very small slits in the bed rug to install the trail rail back over and allow mounting screws to be reinserted. Thinking that could help reinforce connection over just Velcro. Maybe put some gorilla tape or something on the back side before cutting slits to help make sure the cuts donā€™t inadvertently expand over time. Thoughts anyone who has installed?

Second, Iā€™ve not had a bed rug in previous trucks. And I understand they are advertised to be able to be vacuumed or hosed out to clean. But friends say that if they get wet itā€™s pretty hard to get them dry. So they have to be kind of careful storing anything in the bed if getting wet is an issue. Anyone with insight on this is appreciated. Thanks all.

It is pretty easy to cut and trim the Bedrug so you should have no issues with installation. Mine got pretty wet the other day and it seemed to dry out relatively quickly.

smw17gladiator

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is pretty easy to cut and trim the Bedrug so you should have no issues with installation. Mine got pretty wet the other day and it seemed to dry out relatively quickly.
Thanks very much. Firsthand feedback very much appreciated!

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine this week too. Really excited to make the time to get it installed. Appreciate the photos and info from those whoā€™ve installed already. Couple questions if anyone knows.

First, I have the trail tail system. When I ordered from Real Truck they explained that the bed rug is intended to be trimmed around the trail rail. Iā€™m wondering / thinking I could just remove the trail rails and cut very small slits in the bed rug to install the trail rail back over and allow mounting screws to be reinserted. Thinking that could help reinforce connection over just Velcro. Maybe put some gorilla tape or something on the back side before cutting slits to help make sure the cuts donā€™t inadvertently expand over time. Thoughts anyone who has installed?

Second, Iā€™ve not had a bed rug in previous trucks. And I understand they are advertised to be able to be vacuumed or hosed out to clean. But friends say that if they get wet itā€™s pretty hard to get them dry. So they have to be kind of careful storing anything in the bed if getting wet is an issue. Anyone with insight on this is appreciated. Thanks all.
It may work to install the Trail Rails over it. There have been reports that the factory installed Trail Rails also have adhesive holding them on. Removing and Reinstalling them may require some time and effort.

Sponsored

farmjeep

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.farmjeep.com
Vehicle(s)
47 CJ2a, 49 CJ3a 79 CJ7 2015 Cherokee 2021 JTS
Occupation
Retired
Just started the install today. I had to remove the "rail management system".. After reading here found that a pry bar will pop the rails away from the truck. I didn't find any backing tape and believe if I reinstall the fasteners on the ends, I should be able to auto align the remaining bolt holes. I'm sure that is what they do at the factor.
The product videos don't do justice to the effort required. I'll take some photos when finished.

Barry

smw17gladiator

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just getting around to installing mine. Anyone else have issues with the cut out templates not lining up? My driver side bed panel seems like the cut out for the bed light and fixed bed cargo loop / toe down are off by about 1/4 - 1/2 inch. Iā€™m sure I can rig something up. Just little frustrating that pint of this is to have bed liner that keeps underside and painted bed free from dirt and water, and now it looks like I have a fairy open hole for a route directly to the underside for such stuff. First world problem but for that much money would just like to have something that fits and functions as advertised. Pics below showing for and back side to show I didnā€™t miss cutting on the template lines.

C0B6E2AA-69DC-4344-8E2C-8942F03DBD42.jpeg

0ED1218E-BBB2-4106-AC29-2F61957C4370.jpeg

A792845C-DC0D-4221-8696-C7282433DBF1.jpeg

msrebel

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5; 2021 Sarge Green JT Rubicon Diesel
Finally got my Bedrug XLT this week after the group buy. I like the rug, but I struggled a little with the tailgate piece. Overall, I really like having it inside my topper. I have the Bedrug at the bottom, a similar gray liner on the topper, and JCR molle panels on the sides.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just getting around to installing mine. Anyone else have issues with the cut out templates not lining up? My driver side bed panel seems like the cut out for the bed light and fixed bed cargo loop / toe down are off by about 1/4 - 1/2 inch. Iā€™m sure I can rig something up. Just little frustrating that pint of this is to have bed liner that keeps underside and painted bed free from dirt and water, and now it looks like I have a fairy open hole for a route directly to the underside for such stuff. First world problem but for that much money would just like to have something that fits and functions as advertised. Pics below showing for and back side to show I didnā€™t miss cutting on the template lines.

Jeep Gladiator Finally got my Bedrug and it's awesome! A792845C-DC0D-4221-8696-C7282433DBF1

Jeep Gladiator Finally got my Bedrug and it's awesome! A792845C-DC0D-4221-8696-C7282433DBF1

Have you reached out to the manufacturer?

If they are a good company, I'm sure they would want the opportunity to make things right.

OP
OP
YayMud!

YayMud!

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
car guru

I had a similar issue with my driver's side and thought I lined it up wrong. Fortunately, with the velcro it is pretty easy to realign. However, I could not get it perfect the way I wanted it and had a bit of a gap under the light. I just used some extra velcro I had laying around under the lamp and it seems fine now.
Sponsored