Sponsored

Fire extinguishers

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
In case anyone is interested in the Element fire extinguishers, they currently have 15% off, 1 free extra mount and free shipping over $99. I think it ends December 1st at midnight. I just ordered a few more.

https://elementfire.com/
Discount code: EFHS20
Thanks for posting this, I went ahead and ordered 3 of them, 1 for each of our vehicles.
Sponsored

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
In case anyone is interested in the Element fire extinguishers, they currently have 15% off, 1 free extra mount and free shipping over $99. I think it ends December 1st at midnight. I just ordered a few more.

https://elementfire.com/
Discount code: EFHS20

Thanks a lot for the code, the 15% off made me finally pull the trigger to order (just in time last day).

ron168

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Rubi, '20 JT Rubi LE, '17 GLS63
FYI, a kitchen, dry chemical extinguisher can certainly prevent your JT from burning to the ground, but boy do those things make a mess! That dry chemical stuff gets everywhere and it's very difficult to clean.

I'm thinking a CO2 extinguisher would be a better bet although I know they are more expensive.
Thanks for the knowledge folks. I went ahead and got 2 from Elements thanks to @punk'n heads up.

WemoVealot

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO, 2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
So I ended up getting some of the element extinguishers to add to my existing home/vehicle ones and you’ve made me immediately regret getting the seat bracket mount. That looks slick as heck.
This. I decided to copy the quick access element-on-a-roll-bar option for the Jeep. Meanwhile, my wife's car has a traditional extinguisher behind the passenger seat (with a questionably expensive bracketeer).

Note: "ngs10" worked today for 10% off at elementfire.com

Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Meanwhile, my wife's car has a traditional extinguisher behind the passenger seat (with a questionably expensive Bracketeer).
Indeed it is expensive for what it consists of. I feel that way about most of the accessories I have purchased for my JT. Bought them anyway.

Ophio

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Galdiator Overland (Stock)
Occupation
Retired Product Safety Engineer
Great information on the extinguishers - Where do you put it ?? I did a lot of searching and wonder if anyone has used this; Truck/SUV Fire Extinguisher Holder from safaristraps com about 50 bucks and uses the seat back

Ophio

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Galdiator Overland (Stock)
Occupation
Retired Product Safety Engineer
I like it what is the holder, Looks nice

Sponsored

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
Amerex 2.5# Haltron with a Bartact TAOFEH roll bar mount. Done!

MT45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave
Occupation
IT
I know others have mounted the Element extinguisher but thought I would add my experience. 2021 Gladiator Mojave. I bought the roll bar mount, some neoprene rubber and a couple of Velcro straps.

Cut the rubber to fit under the roll bar mount, cut slits into it for the velcro and mounted the whole thing on the driver side back seat roll bar

The 1/16" thick neoprene protects the plastic roll bar trim AND keeps the Element mount from slipping and rotating

Neoprene here (12" x 2" x 1/16" thick
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08QYJNDPJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Velcro here (23" x 7/8")
https://www.amazon.com/VELCRO-Brand-ONE-WRAP-Reusable-Extension/dp/B000H5OKI6/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=velcro+straps+23"&qid=1624672231&s=industrial&sr=1-3

Element Roll Bar Mount here

https://elementfire.com/products/roll-bar-mount

Jeep Gladiator Fire extinguishers 1624672369882

Jeep Gladiator Fire extinguishers IMG_2750

Jeep Gladiator Fire extinguishers IMG_2748

Jeep Gladiator Fire extinguishers IMG_2749

IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2757.jpg

IMG_2758.jpg

Last edited:

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Jeep Gladiator 3.0
Occupation
LE Investigator
Organized trails require a fire extinguisher on your truck, and it's always a good idea to have one even if it's not required.
This video came across my youtube feed a long time ago. It highlights the failings of normal fire extinguishers. So I started to do some searching, and came across Element Extinguishers. It might have prevented a catastrophic loss in this case, but as always hindsight is 20/20

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
Yeah, ive been procrastinating about a fire extinguisher..... i just ordered one, will these element e50 work on a clutch?🤔 can never be too careful. 😄

Eventyr_JT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
IBEW Electrician
I’ve been keeping my 2.5 lb extinguisher and first aid kit under the rear driver side seat. I would have to get my son out first in case of an emergency.
May have to look into an Element to keep within reach of driver seat.
Sponsored