First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Same with me. It was my Lieutenantmobile, ordered it fresh out of college. Wheeled it all over the West until I had a kid. Never should have sold it, and my wife reminds me of that all the time.
mine was a hs graduation gift mostly because I got a scholarship for school. I traded it in for a solar yellow 2002 TJ sport automatic after rupturing a disc in my back I didn’t think I could swing a stick shift anymore. Sold it in 2010 and I’ve been jeepless for a decade. Definitely time to make a comeback, this time with the scent of oily diesel thrown in haha
Sponsored

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
Meh... it aint no Gator! One of the main reasons I wanted Gator was due to the fact that it wasn't available on any other Jeep vehicle. If I'm not mistaken, Sarge is available with the 2020 JL, right? I love that my Gator JTM is truly unique. Not saying it's not a nice color. I simply prefer Gator.

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Meh... it aint no Gator! One of the main reasons I wanted Gator was due to the fact that it wasn't available on any other Jeep vehicle. If I'm not mistaken, Sarge is available with the 2020 JL, right? I love that my Gator JTM is truly unique. Not saying it's not a nice color. I simply prefer Gator.
I totally agree; super glad I went with Gator. I have been loving that color more and more every day! Bonus that it was a limited run which pretty much guarantees there won't be a bajillion of them on the road :jk:

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
LOVE it. I always notice these things, but it's interesting it shows 2 different 18" wheels on the Sarge vehicle. So either there were either 2 Sarge JTs for the photo shoot or they swapped out the wheels for alternate pics.

And as a Gator owner, I say "Power to the Green" - the more, the merrier!

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
LOVE it. I always notice these things, but it's interesting it shows 2 different 18" wheels on the Sarge vehicle. So either there were either 2 Sarge JTs for the photo shoot or they swapped out the wheels for alternate pics.

And as a Gator owner, I say "Power to the Green" - the more, the merrier!
I've news for you...almost ALL of manufacturer "pics" are not actual pics, and are actually a digitally rendered color. Those pics have probably been so many colors since they took them. Hence...the different wheels. Probably was a black JT to start in the actual pics.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Saw some Sarge Green on the lot today when I went pick up my plates dang that is one dark green. Doesn't look like anything in the photos people been posting. My wife said how come all the Jeep Truck colors are so dark and depressing (LOL). I guess the factories are pumping out the trucks again cause when I bought mine in July they had a total of about 5 or 6 on the lot and now they have around 30 on the lot many of them Rubicons and Mojave's

Burton79

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
Occupation
Federal Government
So I guess I’m the new guy here still and figured ild comment on this post being about Sarge Green. I learned to drive in my god mother’s 94 Grand Cherokee, stick, all over Chicago and Wisconsin. I enlisted in the Army and served at Fort Riley, among others, for some time and got to drive the WWII Willys the Honor Guard has, along with every wheeled vehicle the Army has had until I got out in 2015. From the looks of things, this Sarge Green, at least on the Wranglers and in the sunlight, is a bit away from the OD Green I’m accustomed to but still looks great. I’ve been on the fence about the Gator Green but this one is far better looking. Guess I’m waiting until November or so to order mine when they come out unless Jeep throws a curve ball and releases it next month.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I guess I’m the new guy here still and figured ild comment on this post being about Sarge Green. I learned to drive in my god mother’s 94 Grand Cherokee, stick, all over Chicago and Wisconsin. I enlisted in the Army and served at Fort Riley, among others, for some time and got to drive the WWII Willys the Honor Guard has, along with every wheeled vehicle the Army has had until I got out in 2015. From the looks of things, this Sarge Green, at least on the Wranglers and in the sunlight, is a bit away from the OD Green I’m accustomed to but still looks great. I’ve been on the fence about the Gator Green but this one is far better looking. Guess I’m waiting until November or so to order mine when they come out unless Jeep throws a curve ball and releases it next month.
Well unless my eyes were playing tricks on me and also my wife certainly seemed like they had some on the dealership lot yesterday.

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 M715, 1973 Jeep J4000
IMO, it looks better than most of the current colors to me, but I still liked Gator better.

Low Gator sales during a delayed launch on both the color and drivetrain options, combined with a pandemic that brought record unemployment, and a good portion of sales being dealers filling their lot stock with safe colors doesn't seem like a surprise to me. You'd think they would give a color a little longer run. I guess that just shows how little common sense bean counters have. I was holding out for the diesel and I loved the gator color.

Hopefully Sarge grows on me.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well unless my eyes were playing tricks on me and also my wife certainly seemed like they had some on the dealership lot yesterday.
Guess it wasn't Sarge Green as I talked to the guy who sold me my JT and asked him he said he was not showing any Sarge Green in Inventory. I said dang then my wife and I need to go have our eyes checked cause that Rubicon you got out there sure is one heck of a dark green looking color and we stopped right by it to look at it. He said maybe it was gator but I seen Gator when I was shopping for mine and it didn't look like that. Oh well.

Sponsored

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military
Are you saying you saw Sarge GLADIATORS, not Wranglers, on a lot?

First Name
Hardy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Love Gator but I couldn't find one in the spec I wanted (and I was looking after the factory orders stopped). Sarge Green will mostly like be my go to.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you saying you saw Sarge GLADIATORS, not Wranglers, on a lot?
They were all Gladiators lined up about 15 in a row Rubicons and Mojave with a few of the other models. This particular one was a Rubicon. We stopped and looked at them and told my wife guess that is the new Sarge Green and she said man that is a dark green and then said why are all the colors so dark and depressing. But i called the dealership and spoke to Luis who sold me my truck and he said he looked up in the current inventory and it showed no Sarge Green. Wish they were not so far away I would go back and look at that danged thing again just for my own piece of mind

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Colors are tricky.

Mine is GCM, but in my avatar it looks closer to gator.

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
Gator sould have looked like Subaru's green on the foresters and outbacks. This sarge green colour is much better.
Sponsored