Sponsored

First responder - Chrysler/Jeep/Ram drops Nurses.

bshillam

First Name
Bryrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.portlandres.com
Vehicle(s)
Over 60 prior. Current 2001 Isuzu Trooper, 2016 BMW 4 series convertible, 2020 Gladiator Max Tow Stingray
Occupation
Real Estate Broker and Yacht Broker, 503-781-9967
Started researching last month in June and finally was able to locate and work out the specifics with a local dealer to take delivery of an in stock unit. First, I have owned from 42 to 2003 no less than five Wrangler/CJ2A/CJ7 and this would be my sixth. I have a love of these from when I first started driving. I was so disappointed to find out when filling out all the paperwork that Nurses were dropped off the First Responder rebate that FCA has. What a marketing mistake this is, hello and an insult to the entire medical field. They left military, policy, firefighter, and EMTs on the rebate program though. I am sorry to say with our increase positive cases of Covid on the rise everyday now w/ some states reporting over 10k a day and hospitals to the point of being not able to take sick Covid patients and you take medical professionals off a small rebate. Now I nearly walked away - I seriously considered buying a different brand of truck all together. Not that the $500 was going to impact my purchasing ability but more out of principal. If there is a profession right now that truly is at the front line and is a "First Responder" it is a Nurse.
Something I posted on social media the other day I'll share,

"These are times we are experiencing so much uncertainty and having to answer and ask some difficult questions. I wanted to share some thoughts with everyone.
Yesterday I went to urgent care and experienced some of the best medical treatment I have ever had. Over the last few days I have been experiencing some dizziness, not sure what that's all about. Bought a blood pressure cuff and my pressure is much higher than normal. That lead me to having things checked out, after all our heart keeps us alive and I want to take good care of it!
I had an EKG test, a full exam and blood work completed. I met six different people through the course of my day in urgent care. A nurse that had initial screening questions, a receptionist that checked me in, the EKG technician, a nurse that works with the doctor, the doctor on call, and finally the lab technician.
Each one of these people were professional, positive and gave me great care. The entire time I felt very emotional knowing that each one of these people were there for me and the rest of the patients in urgent care that day. A thought occurred to me,
each one of these health care workers have family, some might have children, spouses and others that they are going home to tonight. I started to look at each of these people in a different light.
Firefighters, when there is a burning building they train on how to put out fires, how to walk into a building as safely as possible and come out safely. After all, they deserve to go home to their families.
Now this nurse stands in front of me, gowned, masked, face shield. Knowing that although I was there because of increased pressure that I might be carrying Covid-19. I started to see her as a soldier as a modern day hero. Putting her patients life in front of her own. Each time she goes into a room she is entering into the burning embers of the building just like the firefighter. Her attitude and reply when I thanked her for her compassion and willingness was,
"I trained for this."
I am humbled as I write this, I am amazed by the bravery and compassion that everyone of those professionals showed me yesterday. I am moved by their ever giving nature.
If you are reading this now and you have gotten this far I emplore you to wear a mask when out in public. If for some reason you feel you can not, wear a face shield. Please do not take the position that wearing a mask infringes on your rights or that no one can tell you what you can or can not do. Please do not read into the propaganda that says masks are not effective. I choose to wear a mask when I am away from my home for several reasons,
To protect you, your loved ones, your spouse and your children. After all, you deserve to go home safely!
I wear a mask to reduce the patient care that is needed during this trying time.
I wear a mask to honor the commitment of every health care worker today and in the future.
I wear a mask because even if I save one life it was worth it. If one more Mom or Dad gets to go home safely it was worth it!
You have a civic duty - wear a mask. We are fighting everyday, I know you would defend our country against foreign enemies. Covid is that enemy, fight like our lives depend on it!"

Now FCA - I am hoping that someone will be monitoring this will chime in. Think of how many hundreds of thousands of healthcare workers you could tap into and really honor them. Covid is affecting everyone in the world in one way or another. Think of the opportunity and marketing that could leverage the relationship -

Something better than $500 -
"Because your at the frontline everyday."
"Because your helping us to fight Covid."
"Because your doing more when we need it."
"As Jeep has been there for this country and you are for us. Jeep for a limited time will......"

Anyhow, it's worth mentioning that I was beyond disappointed and I am sure I am not alone.

@JeepCares
Sponsored

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Try tweeting to Jeep's marketing arm and @-ing #-ing bunches of folks like cnn/fox news/etc. that'll get that fixed pretty quick. For you definitely, for your profession likely.

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I couldnt do that job for sure and am thankful for healthcare workers, police, fire and military, fast food workers, grocery store workers, department store employees etc. I think our country needs to harden up a bit though. Police probably deserve the biggest discount if we're splitting hairs. Who would even want to be a police officer in a place like portland?

200_jpg-1497417.JPG

OP
OP

bshillam

First Name
Bryrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.portlandres.com
Vehicle(s)
Over 60 prior. Current 2001 Isuzu Trooper, 2016 BMW 4 series convertible, 2020 Gladiator Max Tow Stingray
Occupation
Try tweeting to Jeep's marketing arm and @-ing #-ing bunches of folks like cnn/fox news/etc. that'll get that fixed pretty quick. For you definitely, for your profession likely.
Not a bad idea, I'd really like to get FCA/Jeeps response before making too much of this. I'd really like them to reconsider and offer anyone having anything to do w/ the medical delivery system a credit/rebate during Covid.

OP
OP

bshillam

First Name
Bryrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.portlandres.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Since I haven't gained much traction I have started tweeting. #doesjeepcare

Sponsored

Whitarmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2014 JKR
So, I’m retired military and 100% disabled from combat. I don’t expect a discount from anyone. I honestly feel weird when people say thank you for your service. If they offer it, cool. I chose that profession. Nobody owes anyone a discount. Besides, you save a ton more by giving Tread Lightly $100 and getting 2 vehicles a year at 1% below invoice.

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
I dont expect it but i would imagine hospital workers would be valued as much as other first responders. guess where all the covid patients go after they get picked up?

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
lets have a pity party!

Sponsored

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
lets be a dick!

Yes, lets! OP is a real estate/yacht broker and wants to yank peoples chain for a nurse $500 rebate?? And the "Something I posted on Social Media" for COVID wear a mask propaganda.... Please, lets not get into social/political battles..... enough of that crap going around.

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
let us not instigate when we don't want any pushback for comments?

i didn't bring politics or dumbasses not wearing masks into anything

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Let’s get the definition right. Hospital workers are NOT “First Responders.” I am a healthcare provider in an ED and I am not a first responder. First responders are police, firefighters and EMS. They respond FIRST and then bring them to me at the ED. So if you want to create a new discount for “front line healthcare worker” or just healthcare worker I’m OK with that. But please do not mistake what I do with what real first responders do as it is a completely different role. And I will add that since all of this crap started I have not had even a single COVID patient brought to my ED via EMS. We have had some in our ED but they have been normal transport from other facilities or family and even self transport. So, at least in my experience, first responders haven’t had much to do as far as direct COVID related care. Even if you come to my ED and you are a suspected COVID case you get punted out of the ED and sent back home, up to the floor or unit depending on severity so even as an ED provider I don’t have a ton of direct COVID related care.

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let’s get the definition right. Hospital workers are NOT “First Responders.” I am a healthcare provider in an ED and I am not a first responder. First responders are police, firefighters and EMS. They respond FIRST and then bring them to me at the ED. So if you want to create a new discount for “front line healthcare worker” or just healthcare worker I’m OK with that. But please do not mistake what I do with what real first responders do as it is a completely different role. And I will add that since all of this crap started I have not had even a single COVID patient brought to my ED via EMS. We have had some in our ED but they have been normal transport from other facilities or family and even self transport. So, at least in my experience, first responders haven’t had much to do as far as direct COVID related care. Even if you come to my ED and you are a suspected COVID case you get punted out of the ED and sent back home, up to the floor or unit depending on severity so even as an ED provider I don’t have a ton of direct COVID related care.
As an EDP perhaps you do not get a substantial amount of potential COVID related care, others at other locations may. The people that get more potential exposure in the ED are the respiratory therapists, RNs, imaging techs, and nurse techs that have to swab, triage, image, clean, or care for these patients. These things take much more time than talking to the patient for a few minutes and putting orders in back at your desk or telling the RNs, though both are essential. RNs and others upstairs spend even more time with these patients tending to their every need as well.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Uh... good job being a nurse and all but until this whole Covid thing neither doctors nor nurses have ever been first responders. To be a first responder you have to be someone who arrives on the scene FIRST. That means law enforcement, fire, and EMS. No one expects a nurse or doctor to drive to a scene, they come TO YOU secondarily. They also consider 911 personnel first responders for this program.

I find it weird that people get entitled about these things but it really speaks to our times and is just par for the course anymore. If they had a "hero" discount or an "essential" discount... sure, along with the burger flippers, truck drivers, and almost everyone else. I find it weird that so many people in the healthcare industry right now are screaming about not being safe when it's a part of your job and literally what you signed up for.

When someone's job gets a bit difficult or out of the norm, but still a part of their description they say how it's not fair and they didn't sign up for it. Guess what though? Being a nurse means you're going to be one of the primary people exposed when things like this start to happen, and people expect you to keep going because it's what you're paid for. I get that you don't want to be there and feel like you deserve more in way of recognition or something, but maybe dial it back a bit? Again, this just feels entitled and makes others who take their job seriously angry.
Sponsored