Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Yes. This is inherent to having brighter stop/turn & reverse light. More LEDs = more wattage.
If you're taking a count, I for one would gladly trade the brightness for no more error messages!
Sponsored

NJbevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘98 Durango 5.9 SLT; ‘06 Hemi Durango; ‘20 Gladiator Sport Max Tow - Smittybuilt 9600 XRC
Hey Everyone!

At the moment, we have a confirmed working solution we'd like to offer those of you who:
  • Have a Halogen equipped Jeep
  • Have the Flush Mount Tail-Lights installed
  • Are experiencing the Reverse Light strobing or shutting down
This solution involves tapping in a small resistor to the reverse light wires on each tail-light. The wires are pictured here:

rev-jpg.jpg

We will be happy to ship the parts needed to do this for anyone who has already installed the tail-lights and are experiencing this issue. Anyone who has not yet received the tail-lights, please install them first and confirm the issue occurs before requesting these parts, as it does not occur on every Jeep.

To request these parts, simply complete this form: https://forms.gle/amY935MWuiuGp7Gv8

Once this form is filled out, one of our customer support reps will get the parts shipped to you right away.

NOTE: Currently, this solution only applies to users with Factory Halogen Equipped Jeeps. We are still working on a non-programmer solution for signal out error for Factory LED Equipped Jeeps.

Complete this form to get on the waiting list for that:
https://forms.gle/BzUYkNamRzWuybqc9

**Please do not DM this parts request on the forum**
Justin, i have filled out the form twice now over the past two months (once to this link and second in respone to an email from Oracle) but no resiators have shown up. It's been several weeks since my last attempt. I have hallogen lights. Are the resistors on backorder or something?

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Justin, i have filled out the form twice now over the past two months (once to this link and second in respone to an email from Oracle) but no resiators have shown up. It's been several weeks since my last attempt. I have hallogen lights. Are the resistors on backorder or something?
The resistors are on back order with an ETA of mid January at this time. Once restocked, the orders will ship out accordingly. If you PM us your first and last name, I can check to make sure the order has been placed for you.

-Brittany

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
People coming from halogens are having worse problems than those coming from LEDs in some cases in regards to the built in reverse lights not working. The resistors are only for the taillights. To my knowledge, the only issue LED users have had are a hyper-flashing dash turn signal indicator (even though the turn signals flash at normal speed) and a tail light out warning. The current solution is to use a programmer like tazer or jscan to tell the computer to ignore any check for expected load in the taillight circuit thereby bypassing the taillight out and hyperflash issue.
So is this holding true? I have factory LED's and a local forum member with these lights who would like to trade for my factory LED's. I'm obviously hesitant given the issues lamented about here, but I am interested.

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
So is this holding true? I have factory LED's and a local forum member with these lights who would like to trade for my factory LED's. I'm obviously hesitant given the issues lamented about here, but I am interested.
Yes, this is still the case. Oracle says they are very close to having a non programmer solution for Factory LED equipped JT's.

Basically, the breakdown of the issues are:

NON Factory LED JTs:

- Reverse Lights non functional/flashing. Oracle has a separate wiring harness that you install in line with the lights to resolve this. It's my understanding this harness is not included with the lights and must be requested from Oracle if you have the problem. It's not clear to me if this uses factory style connections or requires manually splicing in them but I believe it's the latter.

All other functions work as expected. There are two options for installing:

1) using an included resistor for the taillights and making no changes with a programmer
2) using a programmer to change the taillights from regular to LED and NOT installing the included resistor.

The resistor included with the taillights is NOT for the reverse lights and has no relation to the reverse lights working or not.

Factory LED JTs:

- Taillight bulb out warning on dash and hyper-flashing dash turn signal indicator. The actual turn signals themselves flash at a normal speed. There is no solution for this other than using a programmer at this time (JSCAN/Tazer). The programmer solution turns off the diagnostic settings for the tail lights which prevents the bulb out warning (by way of bypassing the ability for the Jeep to tell you if the tail lights are out) and hyper-flashing.

All other functions work as expected. You do NOT use the included resistor when installing these in a Factory LED JT.

When using in conjunction with Oracle Bumper Reverse Lights:

There were some issues reported in this thread about using these tail lights if you have their bumper reverse lights as well. This was causing some problems with the taillight reverse lights not working and it's my understanding the solution for this was to not have the bumper reverse lights connected into the factory tail light wiring but instead to tap the bumper reverse lights into the trailer wiring instead.

Sponsored

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Yes, this is still the case. Oracle says they are very close to having a non programmer solution for Factory LED equipped JT's.

NON Factory LED JTs:

- Reverse Lights non functional/flashing. Oracle has a separate wiring harness that you install in line with the lights to resolve this. It's my understanding this harness is not included with the lights and must be requested from Oracle if you have the problem. It's not clear to me if this uses factory style connections or requires manually splicing in them but I believe it's the latter.

1) using an included resistor for the taillights and making no changes with a programmer
2) using a programmer to change the taillights from regular to LED and NOT installing the included resistor.

The resistor included with the taillights is NOT for the reverse lights and has no relation to the reverse lights working or not.

Factory LED JTs:

- Taillight bulb out warning on dash and hyper-flashing dash turn signal indicator. The actual turn signals themselves flash at a normal speed. There is no solution for this other than using a programmer at this time (JSCAN/Tazer). The programmer solution turns off the diagnostic settings for the tail lights which prevents the bulb out warning (by way of bypassing the ability for the Jeep to tell you if the tail lights are out) and hyper-flashing.

All other functions work as expected. You do NOT use the included resistor when installing these in a Factory LED JT.

There were some issues reported in this thread about using these tail lights if you have their bumper reverse lights as well. This was causing some problems with the taillight reverse lights not working and it's my understanding the solution for this was to not have the bumper reverse lights connected into the factory tail light wiring but instead to tap the bumper reverse lights into the trailer wiring instead.
This is a great post. And I'll confirm that the customer has to wire the halogen-equiped vehicle resistors into the tail lights harness themselves. I chose to solder and heat shrink them rather than use the supplied t-tap splices because I think those were a poor choice.

Splicing into the tail light harness also puts you in the fun situation of not having anywhere to mount the resistors, since oracle tells you not to put them on the tail light housing. This means you have to attach it to the body of the truck, which means your lights are no longer removable. And you'll be coming up with your own 3M tape to stick them on the truck because oracle didn't include that with the resistors either.

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave

NON Factory LED JTs:

Factory LED JTs:

Thank you for taking the time to compile that.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Man, I just saw the JL version of these flush mount lights and I can’t help think we were just the beta testers for a better product for the JL.

So much thinner looking and the finish seems higher quality:

7B3C4271-EC5A-4D72-B8E8-7795AE25F158.jpeg

https://www.oraclelights.com/products/jlflush?rq=mk_jeep~md_wrangler-jl~yr_2020
I think the JL version was likely a bit easier for them to design considering how much of the light actually faces rearward. Aside from that, they seem extremely similar to me, though I agree the JL version does look better.

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Man, I just saw the JL version of these flush mount lights and I can’t help think we were just the beta testers for a better product for the JL.

So much thinner looking and the finish seems higher quality:

https://www.oraclelights.com/products/jlflush?rq=mk_jeep~md_wrangler-jl~yr_2020
I'm not gonna lie, I think the JT lights look better. That one almost looks sunken. And not a fan of how they resolved the inner edge with that wide strip of black plastic.

Nevertheless, my lights are still working well. Even with the fitment issues and the weak clip nut, was still worth the wait.

Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Maybe so. I do like mine. I think it all comes down to thickness. It seems they could have made them thinner for the JT. Maybe they did and it just looked like crap in comparison to what we have.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
The JL version is thinner because the space behind the tail lights is a cavity and does not overlap the sheetmetal like the JT does. Because of this the entire lighting element sits in the cavity where the JT sits on sheetmetal. We could have offered this same design for the JT but it would require you get out the sawzall and cut out a good portion of the bed sheetmetal so we figured that was not a great option ;)

gregoryizeks

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone care to share how long it took for their lights to come in?

I ordered mine on OCT 15. I been patient with no communication. Still waiting...

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Anyone care to share how long it took for their lights to come in?

I ordered mine on OCT 15. I been patient with no communication. Still waiting...
Hi Greg, we have an email almost ready to send to those waiting for fulfillment. That message should be coming this week, but I can update you here now.

We have a large batch coming in mid-February that we expect to cover most of the open orders. For context, we have fulfilled orders placed through the end of August 2021. We will have another more in-depth update closer to that mid-Feb date, and tracking emails will send when your order ships of course. I hope that helps to give some clarity, and we appreciate your patience.

-Rachel

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Hi Greg, we have an email almost ready to send to those waiting for fulfillment. That message should be coming this week, but I can update you here now.

We have a large batch coming in mid-February that we expect to cover most of the open orders. For context, we have fulfilled orders placed through the end of August 2021. We will have another more in-depth update closer to that mid-Feb date, and tracking emails will send when your order ships of course. I hope that helps to give some clarity, and we appreciate your patience.

-Rachel
Have you incorporated fixes for the new flush tail lights to eliminate the problems for both halogen and LED replacement? If so, how do I go about exchanging my defective tail lights (that I paid you for a year ago) for non-defective ones?
Sponsored