First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
When you see them listed for $24k - go try to buy one. That's when you'll see the dealer's adjusted price of $40k.
Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
All vehicles have issues. My anecdotal observation is that ford in particular has more issues and a harder time fixing them in my area. That observation had led me to hesitate spending money on a brand that cant seem to produce a decent vehicle off the line and then struggles to correct those issues at all levels. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø better?
Fords seem reliable to me. The worst of what Iā€™ve personally owned has been Chevy. Or maybe even Jeep (Grand Cherokees).

Robtco99

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 wrangler, 01 cherokee
I was going to originally get a bronco reservation and get in the Granger deal, but decided against it. I like how you can get a base model with the Sasquatch package. I probably would have gotten my bronco in 4 years instead of the 4 weeks it took after I ordered my Jeep through Gupton

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
I just built a Badlands and it's more then a Gladiator rubicon in Canada šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Does cost really matter when it's what you want?

I already have a badass JTR and a nice well built YJ, but in my case was looking for a vehicle in another genre to test/tune supension for that my wife could drive. I'm not paying well over MSRP though. Might start with a 4Runner since those are a dime a dozen and same platform for many more years.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I couldnā€™t imagine needing to buy a new vehicle and waiting on Fordā€™s fiasco. Honestly, not sure how Jeep has been able to do their thing.

Looking back, 10ish weeks for a custom ordered vehicle is pretty damn smooth considering it needs to travel across the country and sit in a distribution center for about a week before going to a dealer thatā€™s several hours away.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Fords seem reliable to me. The worst of what Iā€™ve personally owned has been Chevy. Or maybe even Jeep (Grand Cherokees).
Itā€™s definitely anecdotal at best. I really think the perspective has a lot to do with how well local shops do maitenance. Around me all of our fleet vehicles are fords and are constantly having issues. As well as every single friend/family whoā€™s owned one. Weve started replacing some of our fleet fords with chevys and theyā€™re easily outlasting our current stock.

I wonder if its really a case where the same 3 companies own everything and just create competition between their own brands to spur business in certain areas. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I just looked at some local dealers and they had a lariat with the hybrid engine for $31,500. Pretty sure thats about msrp at the moment. They donā€™t list the ā€œmarket adjustmentā€ but im sure it would be added if I requested info.

jjs3845

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Overland
I couldnā€™t imagine needing to buy a new vehicle and waiting on Fordā€™s fiasco. Honestly, not sure how Jeep has been able to do their thing.

Looking back, 10ish weeks for a custom ordered vehicle is pretty damn smooth considering it needs to travel across the country and sit in a distribution center for about a week before going to a dealer thatā€™s several hours away.
Another concern of mine would be what if you take delivery then have an issue with it? Can they get the parts to fix it or will they string you along like they're hamstringing the people who have one on order?

But I'm hearing similar things all around. In addition to my JT, I have a 2022 Tundra. They have their issues too. The difference is Toyota pulls no punches with their customers. They won't ask you to water down your order, they just keep you waiting. Toyota seems to be a different ballgame than Jeep with ordering.You tell the dealer what you want, and maybe maybe they'll find you something close. Otherwise you wait.

i took mine for one of my freebie oil changes last week. The dealer had a Tundra in the Pro trim. available on a special color, and a few bells and whistles only available on that trim. Sticker was 70. The dealer had a sold sign on it. I weaseled the final price out of a salesman. It went for 100. i was just thankful that the dealer I bought my JT was fairly honest, and the Toyota dealer I bought my Tundra from had no interest in pricing above sticker.

Chunky White

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
I have yet to see a Maverick sitting on a local lot that was not already sold. The Broncos sale quick new and priced over window but used ones are popping up all over the area and aren't moving. I drove a Bronco and wasn't impressed enough with it to buy one. I liked 5 out of 6 F150's I have traded for since 2010 but the last one was junk and the dealership was waiting out my warranty to fix it it seemed so I traded it. Cam positioning sensor went bad and the dealer kept giving me the run around. An AWD maverick is really all I need but the closest ford dealer says they are have orders for over a year out and I am not committing to something I cannot drive first

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I have yet to see a Maverick sitting on a local lot that was not already sold. The Broncos sale quick new and priced over window but used ones are popping up all over the area and aren't moving. I drove a Bronco and wasn't impressed enough with it to buy one. I liked 5 out of 6 F150's I have traded for since 2010 but the last one was junk and the dealership was waiting out my warranty to fix it it seemed so I traded it. Cam positioning sensor went bad and the dealer kept giving me the run around. An AWD maverick is really all I need but the closest ford dealer says they are have orders for over a year out and I am not committing to something I cannot drive first
https://www.hertrichs.com/new/Ford/2023-Ford-Maverick-08c1004d0a0e0a901886b4a7eabd9fab.htm

Its only maybe 10hrs drive from NE Tennessee šŸ˜†

Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
The AWD destroys the biggest feature of the Mav....the MPG.
I drove gas guzzling cars my whole life. My wife drives a 4 banger crossover, getting 30mpgs was amazing to me. Even more amazing, getting close to the in my brick on 37ā€™s.

Chunky White

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
I am a drive by shopper. I hadn't planned on trading when I woke up the last twenty or so times I have traded. I just see something I like as I am driving by or on autotrader and see if I can work a deal. I grew up with a father as a GM car dealer who always drove something new or used that was the best on the lot at that time and I have never been loyal to any vehicle and will not travel to get something I won't keep more than a year or a few months. I have basically been making the close to the same monthly payment on 30 some cars since I turned 18.

I was interested in the Maverick when I had the Hellcat Challenger when I planned on keeping the Challenger. I traded it for the Gladiator instead

Vincent

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
All vehicles have issues. My anecdotal observation is that ford in particular has more issues and a harder time fixing them in my area. That observation had led me to hesitate spending money on a brand that cant seem to produce a decent vehicle off the line and then struggles to correct those issues at all levels. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø better?
Facts!
We have a 2020 F150 thatā€™s been in and out of two dealerships with transmission/4wd issues at 35,000miā€¦.
Both the dealerships and FoMoCo have been horrible to deal with IMO.

ckgjt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Max ToE
I gots a maverick and it is surprisingly very good. Got lucky and found a xlt in area 51 for 4K OVER msrp and that was a deal and still kinda is. It is a very sad day when buy something over msrp and you are happy

SnazzGlad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Just looked in my area and even used Mavericks are 10k over original msrp. Thatā€™s nuts! I can see people with a lot of disposable income paying that on a Bronco but to me a Ford Maverick is more of an economy truck.
Sponsored