Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I will look. It was 19 and snowy. Not conducive for non emergency repairs. The elements did burn up.

Has the fuse by chance blown? Wonder if the heating elements have shorted.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
I just lost my halo lights. They quit functioning. Wonder is this is a result of the burned up heating element.
Sending you a PM

AyeCantSeeYou

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Construction Superintendent
I've been watching this thread closely. I like the looks and function of the heated oculus, but have waited on ordering to see what comes of the burning elements. When Oracle figures out the solution to the problem, I'll consider ordering in hopes of solving this:

Jeep Gladiator Forum Exclusive Groupbuy from ORACLE Lighting: Heated Oculus 20220103_091439

Montana_Wildcat

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ram Power Wagon
Occupation
#BBN #RaiderNation
I just lost my halo lights. They quit functioning. Wonder is this is a result of the burned up heating element.
Wow. I'll keep an eye on this. Mine are wired to Aux 4. So far, so good. I have the burned elements, but they seem to be still working okay.

Abomination

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sting Gray Overland
After figuring out mine was shipped with a faulty fuse and finally getting them to work I now have the burn spots. Just contacted Oracle for warranty and awaiting their reply.

Sponsored

Montana_Wildcat

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ram Power Wagon
Occupation
#BBN #RaiderNation
Any updates, @ORACLElights ?? Just curious. Mine still seem to be defrosting fine, even with the burn spots and the LEDs themselves are amazing. Can't wait to get a fixed set. Thank you for all your hard work and for taking care of us.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Any updates, @ORACLElights ?? Just curious. Mine still seem to be defrosting fine, even with the burn spots and the LEDs themselves are amazing. Can't wait to get a fixed set. Thank you for all your hard work and for taking care of us.
There is no update just yet but we will be sure to update here as soon as one is available.

-Brittany

RS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD on order, 2017 4runner TRD
Occupation
Self Employed
I hope all of this gets lined out. I specifically did not order the LED package on my JTRD due to thinking I was going to order the whole Oracle LED assortment.

Liftr

First Name
Duran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
Occupation
Aviation
I can’t be the only one that’s pissed to just now find out that the Halo must be turned on to get the heated elements to work?

Now, that I know this tidbit, wonder how long before my heating elements burn out?

Sponsored

MoDean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2017 JK
I can’t be the only one that’s pissed to just now find out that the Halo must be turned on to get the heated elements to work?

Now, that I know this tidbit, wonder how long before my heating elements burn out?
Not sure why it would be something to be pissed about.

nas4a

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S Diesel
Has anybody had issues getting the halos to even cut on? I have a '22 JTSD with factory halogen lighting. No DRL.

used the Quadratec DRL harness to tap into my wiring, so no splicing. I activated the DRL's with my Tazer and did the reboot/2 sleep cycle. The tap off the wiring harness I'm using registers 12v via my multi-meter. I have that harness tapped into the Halo harness from Oracle, but at the pins on both the left and right side of that harness, I'm getting less than 1 volt.

Does the halo harness have a resistor to lower the voltage or am I not getting proper voltage at the harness for some reason?

*Edited - So after some further testing, I think the issue is my headlights. I tested the actual pin-outs on the harness again, and now I'm getting 12volts to the harness, but still no halos. Any other thoughts?

**edited again - now I'm thinking it's NOT the lights, but rather the Quadratec DRL harness. I patched the halo harness directly to the battery and disconnected the Quadratec Harness, and they seem to be working - a little dimmer than I would have expected, but working. I think the Quadratec DRL harness is somehow mis-wired. It's telling me I have 12v, but I think when it actually hooks up to something, it's shorting out.

Last edited:

Liftr

First Name
Duran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
Occupation
Aviation
Not sure why it would be something to be pissed about.
Only because that is nowhere in the instructions that I saw?
I hooked the Halo to my Aux switch, and haven’t been using them, which means no heated lenses up here in Alaska. Thankfully we haven’t been out in any wet snows since I installed them.

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
Has anybody had issues getting the halos to even cut on? I have a '22 JTSD with factory halogen lighting. No DRL.

used the Quadratec DRL harness to tap into my wiring, so no splicing. I activated the DRL's with my Tazer and did the reboot/2 sleep cycle. The tap off the wiring harness I'm using registers 12v via my multi-meter. I have that harness tapped into the Halo harness from Oracle, but at the pins on both the left and right side of that harness, I'm getting less than 1 volt.

Does the halo harness have a resistor to lower the voltage or am I not getting proper voltage at the harness for some reason?

*Edited - So after some further testing, I think the issue is my headlights. I tested the actual pin-outs on the harness again, and now I'm getting 12volts to the harness, but still no halos. Any other thoughts?

**edited again - now I'm thinking it's NOT the lights, but rather the Quadratec DRL harness. I patched the halo harness directly to the battery and disconnected the Quadratec Harness, and they seem to be working - a little dimmer than I would have expected, but working. I think the Quadratec DRL harness is somehow mis-wired. It's telling me I have 12v, but I think when it actually hooks up to something, it's shorting out.
I think it’s the ECU cutting power to the DRL when the load is too high due to the heating element.

When I first installed mine I tapped into the DRL power directly and get a quick flash and then the cut out. It was cold out that day.

When I went to go troubleshoot i cranked the heater in my garage up to get it nice and warm and magically the halos worked again. Once the temp dropped low enough for the headlight heaters to need to turn on it, they went out again.

nas4a

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S Diesel
I think it’s the ECU cutting power to the DRL when the load is too high due to the heating element.

When I first installed mine I tapped into the DRL power directly and get a quick flash and then the cut out. It was cold out that day.

When I went to go troubleshoot i cranked the heater in my garage up to get it nice and warm and magically the halos worked again. Once the temp dropped low enough for the headlight heaters to need to turn on it, they went out again.
Oh good observation. Thanks so much.

@HjStrater Quick question for you - was there anything you were able to do to fix the issue and source from the DRL or did you have to source the power from a different place? If you had to source from somewhere else, where did you source from?
Sponsored