First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
So... I can’t get mad at my local dealership cause they’ve been as helpful as they can but I talked to them today and the earliest they will have parts to fix my FAD is April 7th. There is no way I’m going to keep driving with the noise and vibration it is making now.. if this isn’t a wide spread problem then how are there no parts available.

I pretty frustrated at this point. I think my honeymoon is over with Jeep.
I've been waiting for my dealer to get "approval" from the field engineer to do the repair for over 3 weeks now, so I feel your pain. I've been going through this since I got my truck in August and now I am stuck here not even waiting for the parts, but waiting for "approval".
Hi all, thank you for sharing your current concerns here. If you would like our team to assist you during this repair process, we would be happy to discuss this with you further via private message. We certainly apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Sponsored

hosejockey61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000ish TJ, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
@hosejockey61,
For additional updates regarding your case, please reach out to us privately. Please know that your case manager may be able to offer assistance with your loaner vehicle request.

Kathryn
JeepCares
I AM in touch with her. The point of this forum is so affected members can share their experience. If I keep it private, they won't know what to expect. I think that's only fair.

Jeepcares offered a $40 a day car rental reimbursement is all. Meaning that I can pay for a rental out of pocket while I'm still making payments on a brand new truck while not getting to drive it. I need a truck, not an economy car.

In all fairness, I absolutely love Jeeps. I've owned many (6+). I do have to say that with a new vehicle, new model, that expecting potential issues shouldn't be out of the question. Keeping my truck for close to 60 days though is not acceptable in my eyes. I don't care if you have to replace the entire front axle to get me back on the road, but making me wait that long seems excessive.

jjmstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the front axle the exact same as the 2018 and up JL's ? If so, it isn't a new model.

Stickyteflon

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2015 Cherokee Trail Hawk, 2019 MX5 RF GTS
Vehicle Showcase
Lemon law in my state is 3 repairs for the same thing in the first 18 months of ownership. Sooo if they keep it for two to three months at a time then what.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
It is really Dana's fault, they supply the axle to Jeep. Ram moved from Dana to American Axle in 2003 and I haven't heard of any problems with the axle disconnect on Rams.

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
It is really Dana's fault, they supply the axle to Jeep. Ram moved from Dana to American Axle in 2003 and I haven't heard of any problems with the axle disconnect on Rams.
I wonder if FCA puts failure contingencies in their supplier contracts. If a part supplied fails and FCA has to spend a lot of money on repairs, can FCA recover that from the part supplier?

hosejockey61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the front axle the exact same as the 2018 and up JL's ? If so, it isn't a new model.
My thoughts exactly. But why is it a Gladiator problem and not a JL problem (or is it?)

hosejockey61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dealer said they put it back together so I can drive it while waiting for parts to come in. I just hope to God there isn't any interior axle collateral damage while waiting.

On another note, although I'm in contact here with Jeepcares, the guy at the dealership says he hasn't heard of them and they must work in the background. I was kind of irritated when I didn't get a call back from either of them. They obviously don't communicate like it sounds. Be your own advocate and stay on the dealers ass.

Stickyteflon

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2015 Cherokee Trail Hawk, 2019 MX5 RF GTS
Vehicle Showcase
I must say that although I’m pretty pissed that there are no parts readily available to repair this issue “JEEP / FCA”.. my local dealership service manager has been a super standup guy. He took my truck today and said he would recheck everything and if anything else has been affected while I was driving it he will get it replaced. He then gave me a loaner Ram1500 to drive on a week by week basis. He said no other gladiators have come in to that dealer with this issue and I believe him. It’s a small dealership in a small town though.

Last edited:

hosejockey61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The guys at my dealer have been nice too...I know that a parts backorder isn't their fault. I did ask for a loaner and they wouldn't do it.

Sponsored

Danable

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Anyone know the TSB# my dealer hasn't heard if the issue or worked on any gladiators yet apparently.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Harley Street Glide, 2008 Toyota Tacoma
Just an FYI. I have just been skimming over this thread quickly and from what I've read sounds like same issue I had with my JT. I have 2020 Sport S, auto with basic trailer package. At approximately 4200-4500 mile, I developed the same humming / grinding noise felt under accelerator pedal. It was intermittent at first, usually occurred over rough road then go away. It finally became very pronounced. Took it to my dealer. Right away they were able to replicate it. (My fear it wouldn't do it while they had it.) They were at a loss as to cause at first but reached out to FCA. Dealer was instructed to make a video of the FAD and to try in both 2 and 4wd, then send video to FCA. 2wd noise still there but 4wd was fine. Dealer was told to replace front axle, if not available, then replace FAD. FCA change course again and said only replace axle. Dealer swapped in new axle. The conclusion was the intermediate shaft was not milled correctly causing the issue. It took around a month to repair but dealer was excellent working with. Just my 2 cents if it helps anyone.

hosejockey61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is no TSB on this yet. The fix is an intermediate shaft kit. They are on backorder.

Trkenned

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jk Unlimited Rubicon
I am in the same situation. Dealer told me on Friday that they estimated May 7th for the kit to be available assuming the COVID-19 situation doesn't prolong it. Additionally they said it's completely safe to drive and wont damage anything other than the bushing which they said is the culprit. It sounded horrible on the way home so I will probably drive it minimally until the part is available. Will be difficult to essentially be down a vehicle for over a month.

Last edited:

hosejockey61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I received this on 3/16

"Just wanted to give an update on your case. We are currently working with the parts team and as of now have an ETA for the week of April 13th. We are continually working for a sooner date and will continue to give you an update as they come. Thank you for your patience."

With everything going on, we'll see.
Sponsored