First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Thank you for the response. Don't know why my PM didn't go through, but I just resent another one. Thank you for your follow-up.
Thank you, @jmeyer! I received your message and requested a few more details for your case.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Why do I think the full fix will be this... The same fix for XJ, MJ and YJ. :giggle:

IMG_20200303_150340.jpg

MattBrinks

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2015 Wrangler Willy's Wheeler
Sad to say I'm joining this club. Had the intermittent noise that went away when shifting into 4WD, took it to the dealer this morning and they said it was the intermediate shaft. They didn't feel it was safe to drive and the part was back-ordered so I'm stuck without my new Gladiator for who knows how long.

This is my first new Jeep, I've always bought Fords before and never had anything like this happen. Only 1,100 miles on it!

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
So if at nearly 9000 miles you dont hear the noise youā€™re fine? Anyone have a video of the noise?

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Renegade. The one in photo isn't quite that it's a replacement 1 piece axle shaft.:like: Vacuum disconnect crapped out on trail. No more problem, might be the end result for this again:whatsgoingon::whatsgoingon:

hosejockey61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000ish TJ, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I went into the dealership this morning...they said they do not have any type of TSB on the FAD. I have an appointment monday to drop it off. We'll see what they say. They haven't had anybody report this type of sound or vibration yet at their store. I just turned 7k miles.

Fingers crossed.

Here is the description I gave to the rep.

Description of issue:
Intermittent noise coming from right front (front axle disconnect). It sounds very similar to driving on rumble strips on the highway. Issue goes away when placed in four wheel drive. Most noticeable at speeds 20-60 mph. Braking, steering, turning, accelerating, driving over bumps, or temperature changes have NO affect on this issue.

Last edited:

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I went into the dealership this morning...they said they do not have any type of TSB on the FAD. I have an appointment monday to drop it off. We'll see what they say. They haven't had anybody report this type of sound or vibration yet at their store. I just turned 7k miles.

Fingers crossed.

Description of issue:
Intermittent noise coming from right front (front axle disconnect). It sounds very similar to driving on rumble strips on the highway. Issue goes away when placed in four wheel drive. Most noticeable at speeds 20-60 mph. Braking, steering, turning, accelerating, driving over bumps, or temperature changes have NO affect on this issue.
Thank you for clarifying what folks should be looking out for

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Sad to say I'm joining this club. Had the intermittent noise that went away when shifting into 4WD, took it to the dealer this morning and they said it was the intermediate shaft. They didn't feel it was safe to drive and the part was back-ordered so I'm stuck without my new Gladiator for who knows how long.

This is my first new Jeep, I've always bought Fords before and never had anything like this happen. Only 1,100 miles on it!
@MattBrinks
Hi Matt, we definitely share your concerns here. Feel free to send our team a private message if you feel that you may need our additional support during your dealer service.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Fingers crossed.

Description of issue:
@hosejockey61
We certainly hope that your concern was able to be resolved. Feel free to provide us with an update on your official diagnosis.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Sponsored

Stickyteflon

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2015 Cherokee Trail Hawk, 2019 MX5 RF GTS
Vehicle Showcase
Mine started at about 7k miles. Infrequently only at hwy speeds usually after hitting an expansion joint or pot hole. Then progressed to louder, more frequent, and at any speed above 40mph over a weeks time.

great to hear that parts are on back order

Stickyteflon

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2015 Cherokee Trail Hawk, 2019 MX5 RF GTS
Vehicle Showcase
So... I canā€™t get mad at my local dealership cause theyā€™ve been as helpful as they can but I talked to them today and the earliest they will have parts to fix my FAD is April 7th. There is no way Iā€™m going to keep driving with the noise and vibration it is making now.. if this isnā€™t a wide spread problem then how are there no parts available.

I pretty frustrated at this point. I think my honeymoon is over with Jeep.

iblowatsports

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
I've been waiting for my dealer to get "approval" from the field engineer to do the repair for over 3 weeks now, so I feel your pain. I've been going through this since I got my truck in August and now I am stuck here not even waiting for the parts, but waiting for "approval".

hosejockey61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000ish TJ, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
A couple of days prior to taking my Gladiator into the dealership, I reached out to Jeepcares and they assigned me a representaive. That person reached out to me the day before my scheduled drop off and said she would be in touch with the process and keep me updated. I mentioned that people were stating that the intermediate shaft kit was on back order and she said she could prioritize those of us with this issue (I'm not sure who she would be prioritizing us over since we are all in the same boat).

3/10/20
I dropped off my Gladiator at my dealership for an appointment at 07:30. They called me back to confirm it is a FAD issue and that it will require an intermediate shaft kit to repair.

The bad news is they said it is on back order and they said it MIGHT be in by April 30th......which is another 51 days away. I asked him if they will provide a loaner in the meantime and he said he wasn't sure and that his boss wouldn't be comfortable having a vehicle off the lot that long. I told him to imagine how much of an inconvenience it is for me. He said he would check.

He also told me that they will see if it's safe to drive in its current condition, and if so, give it back until the parts come in. He said that if it sustains any additional damage that it would be covered under the warranty. I can surely tell you that that comment didn't leave a warm and fuzzy feeling in my gut at all.

Standing by....

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
A couple of days prior to taking my Gladiator into the dealership, I reached out to Jeepcares and they assigned me a representaive. That person reached out to me the day before my scheduled drop off and said she would be in touch with the process and keep me updated. I mentioned that people were stating that the intermediate shaft kit was on back order and she said she could prioritize those of us with this issue (I'm not sure who she would be prioritizing us over since we are all in the same boat).

3/10/20
I dropped off my Gladiator at my dealership for an appointment at 07:30. They called me back to confirm it is a FAD issue and that it will require an intermediate shaft kit to repair.

The bad news is they said it is on back order and they said it MIGHT be in by April 30th......which is another 51 days away. I asked him if they will provide a loaner in the meantime and he said he wasn't sure and that his boss wouldn't be comfortable having a vehicle off the lot that long. I told him to imagine how much of an inconvenience it is for me. He said he would check.

He also told me that they will see if it's safe to drive in its current condition, and if so, give it back until the parts come in. He said that if it sustains any additional damage that it would be covered under the warranty. I can surely tell you that that comment didn't leave a warm and fuzzy feeling in my gut at all.

Standing by....
@hosejockey61,
For additional updates regarding your case, please reach out to us privately. Please know that your case manager may be able to offer assistance with your loaner vehicle request.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Sponsored