Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Mobile Crane Operator
I have two questions:
1)
Has anyone installed the new aluminum set up by Rock Hard 4X4?
2)
I’m curious if anyone has installed any of these skid plates with the Long Range America 17 Gallon Auxiliary Gas Tank? These are both upgrades that I’ll be looking to do in the future, and would appreciate anyone’s good or bad experience with a similar set up!
Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
I have two questions:
1)
Has anyone installed the new aluminum set up by Rock Hard 4X4?
2)
I’m curious if anyone has installed any of these skid plates with the Long Range America 17 Gallon Auxiliary Gas Tank? These are both upgrades that I’ll be looking to do in the future, and would appreciate anyone’s good or bad experience with a similar set up!
Thanks
I doubt there's compatibility, but I had an LRA on my GX460. I opted for an additional steel plate be welded on to the tank prior to installation on the first one; and shouldn't have. Most other guys didn't need it, and it's plenty strong as is. I said the "first" one, since I had a tank swapped due to that model and some rubbing and model differences from the tank's origin from AUS and the Prado 150, nothing on to the LRA quality wise or anything. First one I drove to Vegas to have installed, rubbed on the rear KDSS sway, so they shipped another to Mainline Overland closer to me in PA, and they paid for the swap and took the old one back. Solid company and product, I'm looking forward to adding one again at some point once I get there :)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT diesel rubi
Occupation
Human trafficking
I just ordered the next venture skids for my diesel, I'll try and get some pictures posted once they arrive and I get them on.

I was torn between them and artec, but Nnext venture won me over because they have the ability to add uhmw(yeah I know I can buy a sheet of it to add to any skid, but I'm lazy and they have it pre cut and drilled), are in stock and have a military discount. I just wish next venture skid covered the def tank like the artec skid does.

Krobarr

First Name
stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Mobile Crane Operator
I doubt there's compatibility, but I had an LRA on my GX460. I opted for an additional steel plate be welded on to the tank prior to installation on the first one; and shouldn't have. Most other guys didn't need it, and it's plenty strong as is. I said the "first" one, since I had a tank swapped due to that model and some rubbing and model differences from the tank's origin from AUS and the Prado 150, nothing on to the LRA quality wise or anything. First one I drove to Vegas to have installed, rubbed on the rear KDSS sway, so they shipped another to Mainline Overland closer to me in PA, and they paid for the swap and took the old one back. Solid company and product, I'm looking forward to adding one again at some point once I get there :)
Hey great feedback, Thank You! I traded my Gaser in for a Diesel this past summer, so starting all over and hoping there’ll be a modified version for the diesel by the time I am ready for a skid plate. As for the LRA Tank, not so sure I need it now… Fuel is far cheaper in my province, than in neighboring ones, however I’m not sure the cost is worthwhile now.

Viper501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sting Gray Mojave; 2020 Mercedes GLE
Occupation
Ninja
I did the ASFIR oil pan and transfer case skids (used from a forum member who bought a 392). Install was easy in the garage on the ground. Sprayed the engine pan with Berliner before install just to diminish the appearance potential. Well built pieces and priced reasonably. For what I need it meets the requirements at the right price.

Sponsored

JeeperFIN

First Name
Jukka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JT
I also just installed the Asfir engine and t-case skids. Very nicely build and they provide more than enough protection for my JT.

Jeep Gladiator Full belly aluminum skid plate comparison 34805178-0EC9-43D5-8231-6FEEABB9AE5D

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
I did the ASFIR oil pan and transfer case skids (used from a forum member who bought a 392). Install was easy in the garage on the ground. Sprayed the engine pan with Berliner before install just to diminish the appearance potential. Well built pieces and priced reasonably. For what I need it meets the requirements at the right price.
Berliner?

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Just a heads up over here at Artec Industries we are currently are revising some of our belly pans for the JT's solving some of the grips customer have had with the current models. The gas engine variant will benefit from a new oil pan skid with more clearance around the crossover pipe then current offering as well as the oval hole for the oil drain plug access will be replaced by a removable door . The diesel belly pans will also be getting the access door for oil drain plug and a few other minor changes also. As soon as i can get some pics I'll leak some teasers .

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ford bronco, 2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Retired C-141/C-130 FE. now, 9th grade math instr
Just a heads up over here at Artec Industries we are currently are revising some of our belly pans for the JT's solving some of the grips customer have had with the current models. The gas engine variant will benefit from a new oil pan skid with more clearance around the crossover pipe then current offering as well as the oval hole for the oil drain plug access will be replaced by a removable door . The diesel belly pans will also be getting the access door for oil drain plug and a few other minor changes also. As soon as i can get some pics I'll leak some teasers .
i am looking at ordering a complete set late spring. do you think the revisions will be complete and able to be purchased say in May? This would be for the 3.6l.

Sponsored

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
i am looking at ordering a complete set late spring. do you think the revisions will be complete and able to be purchased say in May? This would be for the 3.6l.
Oh yea definitely by then. I believe the prototype will actually be getting fitted within the next week if its all good I would expect it to go into production almost immediately

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ford bronco, 2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Retired C-141/C-130 FE. now, 9th grade math instr
sweet. i live in South weber so i can come down at the end of April and obtain one?

zuki_dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 miata & cherokee, 06 ram 2500, 15 mustang,
Occupation
Aircraft Examiner
Any chance the new front engine skid will be available separately? I would like one with the access door for the oil drain.

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Any chance the new front engine skid will be available separately? I would like one with the access door for the oil drain.
As of this moment that is not an option, We have tried that in the past selling panels individually but they didn't sell well with the JK platform. However we understand that Markets change and we are always open to suggestions.
Sponsored