Sponsored

FYI: Tread Lightly Discount Signup Summary (FCA Program)

stevenw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Got home from a 5 day Florida golf vacation and my Tread Lightly membership package and letter arrived while I was gone!

The letter specifically states the FCA Affiliate Rewards Program eligibility for

A44634FE-F7B5-433A-A39D-194E9CFFAB70.jpeg
key word...."MOST"
Sponsored

stevenw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Dealers can sell a vehicle for any price they want. But yes there will be a lot of dealers doing a bait and switch once they are "aware" of the FCA backed incentives not being eligible on the Gladiator. Travis from Tri City is a prime example of a dealer who is giving buyers up to 7% under invoice when financed through them. He must have an unorthodox way of making up the money on the backside.
no dealer is going to sell this car or any car 7% behind invoice unless there is some type of incentive to do so from the oem. MOST cars in the Jeep lineup have some form of incentive that makes this possible. The Gladiator, at this time, does not. So maybe the dealer does not know this or is just setting you up for a "Bump" or they are counting on incentives to open up when the unit arrives. (which could happen). But if your car comes in before then expect some bad news!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
no dealer is going to sell this car or any car 7% behind invoice unless there is some type of incentive to do so from the oem. MOST cars in the Jeep lineup have some form of incentive that makes this possible. The Gladiator, at this time, does not. So maybe the dealer does not know this or is just setting you up for a "Bump" or they are counting on incentives to open up when the unit arrives. (which could happen). But if your car comes in before then expect some bad news!
well if you sign to buy a car at XYZ price, they can't change the price on you when the car arrives, can they?

OP
OP
trez63

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
It is becoming very evident that this user is a dealer trying to sell above MSRP himself and misguiding other members. There are several dealers (Kent and Travis to name at least two) who will happily sell you the JT for 7% below invoice if you meet their very reasonable requirements.

Daddiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1998 Cherokee XJ, 2004 Crossfire, 2006 300 5.7
Occupation
Fabricator/Patternmaker
It is becoming very evident that this user is a dealer trying to sell above MSRP himself and misguiding other members. There are several dealers (Kent and Travis to name at least two) who will happily sell you the JT for 7% below invoice if you meet their very reasonable requirements.
Not necessarily true, I don’t know about Kent but Travis at TriCity has already backtracked his 7% deal and is now only offering something like 5% which is still nothing to sneeze at, since the Gladiator just isn’t eligible for the FCA affiliate rewards program. That’s just the way it is.

Sponsored

OP
OP
trez63

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
Not necessarily true, I don’t know about Kent but Travis at TriCity has already backtracked his 7% deal and is now only offering something like 5% which is still nothing to sneeze at, since the Gladiator just isn’t eligible for the FCA affiliate rewards program. That’s just the way it is.
Well it's being honored in my case and in many others here. And like you said, 5% below invoice is already amazing so to infer that $1000 below MSRP is a good deal is bs.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Yeah baby!

This came just in time....... For no dealer to accept it!

At least the sticker, t-shirt and cause is nice.

20190513_161527.jpg

stevenw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
just laying out the facts......they could sell the car for 50% if they wanted to...I would not pay over window either...but people are doing it every day. There is a difference between making a little or losing money. Can't imagine why a dealer would lose money selling this car when the demand is so high. So just be aware.

OP
OP
trez63

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just laying out the facts......they could sell the car for 50% if they wanted to...I would not pay over window either...but people are doing it every day. There is a difference between making a little or losing money. Can't imagine why a dealer would lose money selling this car when the demand is so high. So just be aware.
The dealers do this because there is a HUGE incentive for them to lose money on individual deals because of the FCA bonus on high volume dealers. Members of this and other Jeep forums have been doing this with a handful of dealers for years now with no strings attached. You can certainly pay MSRP if that's what you want to do. You can call Kent and have it explain it all to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Just fyi the dealer near my work said they are accepting it so anyone telling you otherwise is probably lying to you.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just fyi the dealer near my work said they are accepting it so anyone telling you otherwise is probably lying to you.
OR he's telling you that until he runs your fca control number and then says, "woops sorry, guess we can accept that afterall".

Nobody knows until they have a signed contract.

stevenw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
The dealers do this because there is a HUGE incentive for them to lose money on individual deals because of the FCA bonus on high volume dealers. Members of this and other Jeep forums have been doing this with a handful of dealers for years now with no strings attached. You can certainly pay MSRP if that's what you want to do. You can call Kent and have it explain it all to you.
that is true but Gladiator does not count or pay in any of these programs.

OP
OP
trez63

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that is true but Gladiator does not count or pay in any of these programs.
Look man, I don't care if you believe me, but I don't want you to spread falsehoods around. So here's my signed bill of sale with Tricity along with my build sheet. The discount is very real, and I have a signed contract to prove it. You don't have to do the same deal, but don't make people believe they have to pay MSRP, that's just trolling. Now, if the day comes that the dealer tries to pull out of this agreement, not only will we have real problem, but I'll gladly come back to this post and take that troll badge off your cap and give you a star.

Attachment Removed

View attachment 15206
Sponsored

Last edited: