Sponsored

Gas mileage is concerning..

ShelbyDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
So I have a new JT overland and the gas mileage is not impressive. I've mainly drove in the city but really short commutes. Farthest I've taken it on the highway is maybe about 15 miles. Right now it's showing me my average is 14.3 mpg. Is this standard? Everything I've read has said it should be about 17 city, 23 highway. This is my first Jeep, so maybe this is just expected lol. But curious to see what other's have experienced!
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That sounds a bit low, but about right from what I've read.

Have you disabled the start/stop? I ask because in the city, it can really help.

TNJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra
So I have a new JT overland and the gas mileage is not impressive. I've mainly drove in the city but really short commutes. Farthest I've taken it on the highway is maybe about 15 miles. Right now it's showing me my average is 14.3 mpg. Is this standard? Everything I've read has said it should be about 17 city, 23 highway. This is my first Jeep, so maybe this is just expected lol. But curious to see what other's have experienced!
Is the in car average known to be accurate?

Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21ā€™ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Iā€™m at 17mpg, 1,400 miles in.

Offroadnewbie

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
I'm getting 18.3 with close to 1500 miles so far according to my Jeep, I was at 19.2 but over the last 2 days my MPG dropped and I have no idea why because my driving habits haven't changed.

Sponsored

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
I get 19+ mpg running around and over 24 mpg on the highway. That'll drop by 1 mpg when they switch to winter blend gasoline. Can't always rely on the dash for mpg's. Calc fill up to fill up to get a true gauge on what's going on.

Sallaman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Your gas mileage will go up after it breaks in. Like you most of my miles were city driving and like you i was in the low 14ā€™s for about the first 2000 to 2500 miles and then it started coming up.. i still dont have a lot of miles on it now and its almost up to 17, not quite but almostā€¦ on highway i get around 21 with 410 gears

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I go over 80, so I'm getting about 16.5.
Sponsored