Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I get around 17mpg with my Overland, which is all stock. I have added a cap on it, which has brought mileage down a little, due to the extra weight I'm carrying. I also remote start all the time, and turn off ESS, which lowers overall mpg.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Eagle22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired...sort of
Stock Overland - modified OEM tires with 275/65 Falken ATs - I have combined mpg of 20.5 over 12,000 miles.
I drive to the Virginia mountains from the DC area each weekend 200 miles round trip and average 24 mpg.
recent drive to OBX (260 miles) averaged 27 mpg.

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Here’s my lifetime mileage…I’m on 35s…

0C8C25DF-54D3-4E61-B090-7C758E976479.jpeg

devnull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Islander, 21 JT Rubicon, 19 Grand Sport
Occupation
scientific negotiator
If I put one gallon of gas in my JT, start it, let it idle, and drop it from 17 miles up I'm pretty sure it would run out before it landed.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
23hwy with zero wind, flat ground, and 55mph
More like 28 mpg with those conditions (for me)

OP those numbers are pretty low unless you live in a very hilly area. I average 15 in Houston all city driving…I’m heavy on the gas and on 33s

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Fuel mileage is so subjective to many different variables that have been mentioned.
JT has the aerodynamics of a box. Hope you didn’t think it was a fuel sipper?
Wind, hills, temperature, load, mods, traffic, the way you drive.
Personally, I don’t care what the fuel mileage is on mine, because it will never impress me. It’s just a number that can vary day to day depending on the above variables. Some days I drive like a little old lady going to church, others more aggressive where I am sure I get half the mpg.
If your concerned about mpg, you should have bought a Prius instead of heavy brick.🤔
I can get really good fuel mileage and brake longevity because of my driving style, looking ahead to see the traffic light pattern, traffic flow, easy off the line, and the big fuel saver keeping the highway speeds
very close to the posted limit. The difference in economy is significant for every 5 mph increase in your speed.
I mean look at the profile from the side……..it’s a brick.🥴

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
So I have a new JT overland and the gas mileage is not impressive. I've mainly drove in the city but really short commutes. Farthest I've taken it on the highway is maybe about 15 miles. Right now it's showing me my average is 14.3 mpg. Is this standard? Everything I've read has said it should be about 17 city, 23 highway. This is my first Jeep, so maybe this is just expected lol. But curious to see what other's have experienced!
I never got above 20 when I had my stock gasser rubicon. But don’t worry some will tell you they are getting mid-20s then show you a pic of the live evic screen lol or reset the 250 mile logging computer while driving on the highway and say… SEE i told you I’m getting XXmpg (and they will actually think that’s true).

Science says a brick going over 55mph will not do well, wait until you tow!

Keys Life

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
So I have a new JT overland and the gas mileage is not impressive. I've mainly drove in the city but really short commutes. Farthest I've taken it on the highway is maybe about 15 miles. Right now it's showing me my average is 14.3 mpg. Is this standard? Everything I've read has said it should be about 17 city, 23 highway. This is my first Jeep, so maybe this is just expected lol. But curious to see what other's have experienced!
I average 24 to 26 on my Overland but, that is on flat roads in the Florida Keys so, it is all 45-55 Mph. When towing I am lucky to get 11-13. When I was in Colorado last year we rented an Overland and drove from Denver to Montrose and we were getting 23 mph in the mountains running 75 to 80. So, when I got home I drove up to Miami and purchased the JT. Not for the fuel mileage but, just loved the truck. I always wanted a Jeep pickup. This year we drove from Key West to Montrose CO towing a travel trailer. Best mileage was 13, believe it or not, in the higher elevations. This is our second Jeep and they have made many improvements since 2010.

Padre

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Pastor
To clarify, Manual Transmission or Max Tow? I get about 16-17 city, 21 highway, low-to mid 18s all around with the 6 speed Manual (stock wheels and mud terrain tires). It was far worse when I first got the JT though. I used to get about 14.5-15 when I first got it. Now it's gradually broken in.
I have the 6 speed manual Mojave
Sponsored