Sponsored

Gasser real world fuel economy

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
I expect to be ordering a Gladiator in the next month or two (selling my current truck while the market is hot), and trying to decide between gas and diesel. There's a thread in the diesel forum re: real world mpg, but not here in the gasser section. So, post up what you're getting along with any mods that might affect it, driving mix, driving style, or whatever else seems pertinent. Thanks!
Sponsored

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Completely stock Mojave with a/t's, drive slower than grandpa, easy acceleration, mostly highway but some city. I'll turn off the climate control just to make sure the start stop kicks on. My best "average" 16.6, current 15.4. I have no idea why I dropped 1 mpg average overnight either, just got in the next day and it had changed.
I'm still under 2k miles though and it was only getting 14.x.
Jeep Gladiator Gasser real world fuel economy Screenshot_20210418-175357_FillU

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
I have a rubicon gladiator on the mopar lift with 35 inch ridge grappler tires and I daily drive it and average 15-16 mpg city/highway. If I’m strictly city I only get about 11 mpg

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Wow! That is an awesome reply to this question! Also, what app is that?
Fuel up is the app. I've tracked every tank of gas so far.
Mpg stuff is fun to me I try and do it like a game. Even in my little 4cyl car I had I'd try and see what I could squeeze out of it. If I were to do it all over I'd probably do a sport diesel.
Screenshot_20210418-180004_FillUp.jpg

Sponsored

kaeo_15

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
JTR auto with Teraflex level, KMC wheels/35 inch Kendas (98 pounds each), bumper/winch and RSI Smartcap. I can get up to about 17.5 mpg highway only, but tend to average about 14.5-15 mpg mixed driving.

OP
OP

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Fuel up is the app. I've tracked every tank of gas so far.
Mpg stuff is fun to me I try and do it like a game. Even in my little 4cyl car I had I'd try and see what I could squeeze out of it. If I were to do it all over I'd probably do a sport diesel.
Jeep Gladiator Gasser real world fuel economy Screenshot_20210418-180004_FillU
I immediately jumped on the app store, but that appears to be Android only. I also track (everything) that goes into (every vehicle), but I'm more old school. I have an expandable binder with folders and a moleskine notebook. Every fill up with date, mileage, and mpg, every fuel receipt, every wash receipt, every accessory receipt and manual. The whole nine. It's nearly pathological.

Bucephalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator/ 20 AMG GLB 35/ 02 Ranger/ 06 BMW M3
Occupation
Laboratory and Medical Supplies
I got 22MPG on the last tank., mostly[spirited] city driving. I do feel up on 93 octane..There's a Chevron by the airport that sales Premium for the price fo regular. :)

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I immediately jumped on the app store, but that appears to be Android only. I also track (everything) that goes into (every vehicle), but I'm more old school. I have an expandable binder with folders and a moleskine notebook. Every fill up with date, mileage, and mpg, every fuel receipt, every wash receipt, every accessory receipt and manual. The whole nine. It's nearly pathological.
Dang, I'm sure there is something similar out there. I like tracking stuff too. Good way to find trends.

Sponsored

Deleted member 24880

sport S with 2” lift 35x12.5x20 Nitto RG and I get 15mpg religiously since adding the wheels and tires. No other mods than a flashpac to adjust the speedo.

Dmehrl

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator high altitude
Occupation
Shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
16.5 overall average with 900 current miles on the clock.

Mustangr

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Network Administrator
Stock Mojave. 18.2 lifetime average. Sitting at 18.7 after a weekend of driving 30% city and 70% highway. only 1870 miles on the mojave.

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Stock Mojave. 18.2 lifetime average. Sitting at 18.7 after a weekend of driving 30% city and 70% highway. only 1870 miles on the mojave.
How the hell?
I'm starting to feel like something is wrong with mine lol
Sponsored