First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJ Rubicon, 2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Planner
2021 Rubicon with oem Falken mud terrains, 3300 miles.

Long stretches at 55 mph I've seen 21mpg after a 2 hour drive.

Most recently was a 200 mile drive to pick up a trail bike, 200 miles round trip, 18mpg.

Commuting 20 miles round trip 15 mpg for the tank but it's still cool enough for remote start in the morning.

500 miles on the interstate to bring it home from MD, 16 mpg.
Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Mojave on 35's I get 11 city 15-16 freeway

Looked in my Fuelly App and my Avg is 15

Last edited:

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
937538.png

2 years worth of fuel-ups tracked. 20,000 miles.

37's, 4.10 gears, automatic

Driving style is light; I don't hammer down on it often and I don't speed.

Only engine modifications is S&B cold air intake with hood scoops installed last month, however I haven't noticed any change in MPG due to this.

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Fuel up is the app. I've tracked every tank of gas so far.
Mpg stuff is fun to me I try and do it like a game. Even in my little 4cyl car I had I'd try and see what I could squeeze out of it. If I were to do it all over I'd probably do a sport diesel.
Screenshot_20210418-180004_FillUp.jpg
Thanks for the info on this app. This will be really handy to keep track of the mileage.
Just downloaded it & plugged in all my fuel stops since taking delivery of my Mojave on 2/26.
So far overall average to date is at 16.97 MPG.

From taking delivery through the end of March was running the stock 33" Falken A/T's, and O/A average was at 17.18 MPG.

Since changing to 285/75R/17 Toyo Open Country A/T 3's on March 26th, am currently at 16.67 MPG overall. Used Tazer to adjust for the larger tire diameter.

Only other modifications made in the time span covered in these averages are an AWE Trail Edition exhaust, & Mopar Cold Air Intake both installed the first week of March.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JCHGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development
JTR with heavy 35ā€™s stock height and wheels (calibrated for the 35ā€™s)...highway with lots of grade on longer trips I get around 16-16.5 mpg but I travel between 75-85 mph constantly....around town with a ton of stop and go I get around 14mpg....I considered the diesel, but with the $4,000 up charge, increased maintenance costs and the fact that in my area diesel is quite a bit more then gas the increased mpg of the diesel would take me almost 250,000-300,000 miles to recover the costs...for me it wasnā€™t worth it...though I liked the diesel torque and itā€™s a sweet engine...sometimes it doesnā€™t have to be justified, but for my purpose gas is absolutely fine.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Iā€™m driving my all stock ā€˜21 Sport S w/Max Tow 90% hwy and 10% city with a 20.1 mpg average.

I cruise between 65-70 in the morning commutes. Stop and go traffic for my afternoon commute here in Houston. Weekends I kinda zip around town. Cruising at 70 mph on flat ground tends to get me about 25 mpg.

OP
OP

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Parsing the equivalent diesel thread, it's looking like 23-24 is the mode mpg over there compared to a pretty solid mode of 16 here. That's a 50% improvement (+8 over the 16 at 24 if you're light on the throttle) with the diesel AND you get all your torque down low without as of a much penalty for tires.

Diesel prices vary regionally, from more than gas on the east coast to less out west. Around here, diesel is on par with regular gas; sometimes a little cheaper, sometimes a little more, frequently the same.

DEF is cheap. Emissions systems tend to be pretty reliable these days (especially compared to when they first came out). Diesel vs. gas emissions, assuming the system is in place and functional, diesel is cleaner.

I haven't done the math for my purposes yet, but I think the breakeven mileage will be much lower in my case due to the lower relative cost of diesel. It's hard to argue with the torque; both the quantity of it, and where it is in the RPM band. Trucks need torque down low for truck things. If the numbers work out, it may be very attractive.

ScottBeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Engineer
Sport S. Stock rubber. 2k miles so far average 22.3 mpg . Mostly highway at 73. Local is mostly 35 mph with very light traffic. I use cruise 90% on hwy.

halsjeep

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
PI
24500 Miles. Stock Rubicon. Average 18-20 MPG. I live on the coast and its mostly flat. Driving highway to and from work.

Sponsored

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Iā€™m driving my all stock ā€˜21 Sport S w/Max Tow 90% hwy and 10% city with a 20.1 mpg average.

I cruise between 65-70 in the morning commutes. Stop and go traffic for my afternoon commute here in Houston. Weekends I kinda zip around town. Cruising at 70 mph on flat ground tends to get me about 25 mpg.
I think itā€™s always stop and go for us here in Houston, unless your on the Beltway at 4am. šŸ˜‚

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
Mostly Stock (as far as anything to do with mpg)
2021 Willys (km2)
I drive 60/40 highway / city
Right at 20 mpg combined
I noticed a big gain after engine break in, and transition from ā€œwinter gasā€
6500 miles +\-

I donā€™t feel like start / stop does anything for me. My stops are to short.

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
2021 Mojave with auto and stock Atā€™s for now. 2100 miles, 60/40 Houston highway and city driving. Averaging 17.1 as of fill up this morning. Going to 35ā€™s as soon as Method gets the wheels back in stock, then who knows what it will average?

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I think itā€™s always stop and go for us here in Houston, unless your on the Beltway at 4am. šŸ˜‚
Lol, you ainā€™t lying on that one haha. I commute from League City, and itā€™s always smooth cruisin until I get to the 610 split on I45 in the morning. Itā€™s just ALL BAD in the afternoon though, the whole trip home.

I canā€™t wait to move back to the city in July for a short commute haha.

Reactions: BAT

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Lol, you ainā€™t lying on that one haha. I commute from League City, and itā€™s always smooth cruisin until I get to the 610 split on I45 in the morning. Itā€™s just ALL BAD in the afternoon though, the whole trip home.

I canā€™t wait to move back to the city in July for a short commute haha.
Iā€™m in LaPorte and work just south of Downtown, luckily I only have a bit of the traffic on 45, then itā€™s 610 to 225 and cross my fingers. Lol
Sponsored