First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Stock 21 Overland with tonneau 18mpg on 87 , 19mpg on 89. Mostly in town driving 30-50 mph. Highway around 22mpg 65-75 mph. Much better than my last trucks avg of 11.5mpg!
Sponsored

rayvonp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Gladiator, 2018 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Boeing
Stock Overland, I’m getting around 20 mpg, but I also do a lot of hwy driving

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
What is the average break in miles that y’all are seeing where MPG starts going up some?

For my Max Tow with 4:10’s and tiny tires at 75mph avg speed can get 21 mpg. Above that mpg start going down.

Sports with 3:73 I think will do better with non towing mpg.

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
System Administrator
I have a 2021 Sport with soft tonneau cover. Once I started limiting my top speed to 65 mph, I got as high as 25 mpg on a tank of gas, but that was on the stock tires, 245/75R17 (31.5" height). I recently upgraded my tires to all-terrain 285/70R17 (32.7" height) to match what comes stock on the Rubicon trim, and it's been hard to get more than about 23 mpg on a tank of gas.

Here are my Fuel Economy Stats from my GasBuddy Fuel Log:
23.40 Last MPG
25.60 Best MPG
23.00 Average MPG
12 Total Fills

CO3_Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Thanks for the info on this app. This will be really handy to keep track of the mileage.
Just downloaded it & plugged in all my fuel stops since taking delivery of my Mojave on 2/26.
So far overall average to date is at 16.97 MPG.

From taking delivery through the end of March was running the stock 33" Falken A/T's, and O/A average was at 17.18 MPG.

Since changing to 285/75R/17 Toyo Open Country A/T 3's on March 26th, am currently at 16.67 MPG overall. Used Tazer to adjust for the larger tire diameter.

Only other modifications made in the time span covered in these averages are an AWE Trail Edition exhaust, & Mopar Cold Air Intake both installed the first week of March.
Ordered the AWE Trail Edition exhaust as well; looking forward to getting it delivered and installed.

I also have a 2021 Mojave - in regards to the cold air intake you added, curious about any noticeable performance difference and or how you decided on Mopar vs. another option?

Sponsored

Capricorn

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mohave 2021 - Sarge Green
Occupation
Network Architect
Stock Mohave - 80% hway -17.7 mpg average.

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
2020 sport s mopar lift with 35” tires tonneau cover stock gears tazer to correct speedo avergage is 18.1 currently driving mostly country roads (avg 55-60 mph)I use cruise control religiously

10ecHarry

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT sport s
Occupation
Plumber
Sport S . auto. stock tires. 19 to 25 mpg using 100% reg gas.

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Ordered the AWE Trail Edition exhaust as well; looking forward to getting it delivered and installed.

I also have a 2021 Mojave - in regards to the cold air intake you added, curious about any noticeable performance difference and or how you decided on Mopar vs. another option?
Afraid I can't really give you a good before/after performance comparison since I installed the intake & the exhaust at the same time within two weeks of taking delivery of the truck.

I like to gradually break in a new engine, & for the first 1,200 miles or so was still taking it pretty easy on it.

Guess the main thing I liked about the Mopar cold air intake was that it gives you the flexibility to use an OEM style filter element if you like.
That & I'm an old Mopar Performance guy from way back.

Last edited:

chrisblaze

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328d
I’m getting ready to drive from Tennessee to West Texas.. I’ll post my trip details when I finish.
Rubicon/2in lift/35in Wild Peaks

Sponsored

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
I expect to be ordering a Gladiator in the next month or two (selling my current truck while the market is hot), and trying to decide between gas and diesel. There's a thread in the diesel forum re: real world mpg, but not here in the gasser section. So, post up what you're getting along with any mods that might affect it, driving mix, driving style, or whatever else seems pertinent. Thanks!
2020 Gladiator Overland - all stock, 18” granite crystal wheels, Bridgestone Dueler 255 70 R18 tires. Average between city/highway is 22 - on longer highway drives at 70-74mph I average 23.8.

CO3_Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Afraid I can't really give you a good before/after performance comparison since I installed the intake & the exhaust at the same time within two weeks of taking delivery of the truck.

I like to gradually break in a new engine, & for the first 1,200 miles or so was still taking it pretty easy on it.

Guess the main thing I liked about the Mopar cold air intake was that it gives you the flexibility to use an OEM style filter element if you like.
That & I'm an old Mopar Performance guy from way back.
No worries, thanks for the response.

Firestarter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon
Parsing the equivalent diesel thread, it's looking like 23-24 is the mode mpg over there compared to a pretty solid mode of 16 here. That's a 50% improvement (+8 over the 16 at 24 if you're light on the throttle) with the diesel AND you get all your torque down low without as of a much penalty for tires.

Diesel prices vary regionally, from more than gas on the east coast to less out west. Around here, diesel is on par with regular gas; sometimes a little cheaper, sometimes a little more, frequently the same.

DEF is cheap. Emissions systems tend to be pretty reliable these days (especially compared to when they first came out). Diesel vs. gas emissions, assuming the system is in place and functional, diesel is cleaner.

I haven't done the math for my purposes yet, but I think the breakeven mileage will be much lower in my case due to the lower relative cost of diesel. It's hard to argue with the torque; both the quantity of it, and where it is in the RPM band. Trucks need torque down low for truck things. If the numbers work out, it may be very attractive.
Local dealers are not willing to sell their coveted diesels for much of a discount, but are heavily discounting the gasser. So that $4000 upcharge is really an $8000 difference, not to mention they are loading them up to $60k+. Just not worth it to me especially when considering that the diesel is heavier, only makes more torque using the turbocharger, and the Rubi's gearing is really low allowing the high reving V6 to provide more than enough torque.

Also, if you wanted a manual or at least would chose it for the $2k discount...

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well with my Sport S Max-Tow stock AT tires after market bumper w winch I've got up to 27 MPG and been getting around 21 with to much stuff in and on it now to include RLD Gen 1 topper. Last update on my MPG log figuring I have used 1168 gallon of gas in 25498 miles to include towing a few trailers for about 700 plus miles, that really dropped off the MPG's..... for a average of 21.83 MPG's in a year of driving from Jan 20 to Jan 21

A note on my speedometer / odometer it reads 1 mph higher than actual speed with a average tire pressure of 40-42 psi.

Steve Rollin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2017 LX570, 2015 MB wagon
Mojave on 37s with factory 4.10 gearing. I did flash the OBD so that the speedometer is accurate and feel like that helped with shift points. I'm getting combined 14 mpg on 87 octane. But even on road trip I couldn't get above 15.

Oh well, I was getting 9 in my JK on 34's with 3.73, so this is fine in comparison.
Sponsored