GATOR Gladiator JT Club

Blisskiss

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I'm relieved with the reveal of the official Gator color. The images from before were not the final finish. Now I can be happy with the color of my own first truck. I was going to have to get white... now I can get Gator.

It's more of a greenish brown to me, but I think it will also change based on lighting as does the punk'n.
Sponsored

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Treat yourself, you deserve it! :party:
I will... but I thought I was going to get color matched top and fenders, after seeing this and liking the black fenders and inferring the black top as well, my treat is going to be cheaper! :rock:

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I will... but I thought I was going to get color matched top and fenders, after seeing this and liking the black fenders and inferring the black top as well, my treat is going to be cheaper! :rock:
no I mean, do the black fenders and top, and then "treat yourself" to a decked box, or new wheels, or whatever. Buy a nice jump pack, case of Coors! lol Heck, do all of those things. :piggybank:

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
So the color ends up being a completely different color then the one in the build configurator. It looks like a better Gobi instead of military green.

If anyone is on the fence waiting to see what it looks like without all the mods this should give you an idea:

GatorJT1.jpg
I'm confused what you mean. Yes the color from the safari photos does appear more military green than on the configurator.

What did you do to simulate the green onto that rubicon? Is it somehow sampling the green from the other photos then applying a filter layer over just the area's you marked off? It looks rather stunning. Way more skills than I possess!

Sponsored

KirkG

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 2017 F-150, 2019 JLUR
So the color ends up being a completely different color then the one in the build configurator. It looks like a better Gobi instead of military green.

If anyone is on the fence waiting to see what it looks like without all the mods this should give you an idea:

GatorJT1.jpg
Awesome :rock:

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
I'm confused what you mean. Yes the color from the safari photos does appear more military green than on the configurator.

What did you do to simulate the green onto that rubicon? Is it somehow sampling the green from the other photos then applying a filter layer over just the area's you marked off? It looks rather stunning. Way more skills than I possess!
Thanks for doing that makes it much easier to imagine. Any chance you could do one with color matched fenders as welll?

pau32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I was expecting it to look like the Tank Color. I just use a red JT as base, then mask it using the sampled the pics I quoted. Any Rubicon I do will therefore be missing the red outline around the logo.

custom-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-tank-2015-left-side.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
Best I could do.

GatorJT5.jpg
I could totally get into that color, but alas, I ordered an LE, and that color wasn’t an option.

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
I really like body colored fender flairs but Gator may be one of the colors where black flairs look best.
I'm also thinking it's one of the few colors where I would probably like to black out the grille. The concept has pretty much nailed the look for me..

Here's a Sport S it looks odd with the stock wheels

GatorJT6.jpg
Totally 100% dead on true. However, a can of flat black plasti-dip and it will look pretty good.

pau32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really like body colored fender flairs but Gator may be one of the colors where black flairs look best.
I'm also thinking it's one of the few colors where I would probably like to black out the grille. The concept has pretty much nailed the look for me..

Totally 100% dead on true. However, a can of flat black plasti-dip and it will look pretty good.
Yes Gator looks great with black flairs and don't have to worry about rock chips hitting the fenders.

It definitely would look better with black wheels like this base sport

JTGator8.jpg

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
I appreciate your work and have no idea how long or hard this is to do so ignore if it's too much. But could make this Firecracker turn Gator? :)

a95638da-b4bd-433d-8a3a-5e77edf16ef7-2020-Jeep-Gladiator-04.JPG
Sponsored