Sponsored

GDE is back and making EPA compliant tune!

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I love my GDE EPA Complaint Tune. I'm looking forward to seeing how the next tune can improve the drivability/longevity on the 3rd gen engine.
Sponsored

bigjmain

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Tech
I love my GDE EPA Complaint Tune. I'm looking forward to seeing how the next tune can improve the drivability/longevity on the 3rd gen engine.

Any reason not to do the MrTu? vs the GDE

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Any reason not to do the MrTu? vs the GDE
The main difference is that Mr Tuning is illegal and GDE would be legal. Otherwise, it becomes a tuning preference.

bigjmain

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Tech
10-4 thanks!!
The main difference is that Mr Tuning is illegal and GDE would be legal. Otherwise, it becomes a tuning preference.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously, Seriously, Seriously considering trading in my fully loaded 2020 Gladiator Rubicon for a fully fully (diesel) loaded '21 Gladiator Rubicon. This GDE tune post I just found gives me some hope. I'm a bit hesitant because I worry about the longevity of this Gem 3 engine and I will keep this truck for 8+ years but reading up on this, it sounds like it would be something I'd want to do asap, is that a good assumption. Caveat.... Yes I know good and well that I may or may not void the warranty, depending on where I go for service.

Reactions: Mac

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Regarding CARB: When GDE announced tuning available for the GM trucks, they said it's 49 state legal. Somebody asked about Cali, and GDE replied that there are no plans to get CARB approval.

I don't blame them, California has gone completely mad with their regulation. No wonder there are UHaul trucks leaving that state weekly.

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
Regarding CARB: When GDE announced tuning available for the GM trucks, they said it's 49 state legal. Somebody asked about Cali, and GDE replied that there are no plans to get CARB approval.

I don't blame them, California has gone completely mad with their regulation. No wonder there are UHaul trucks leaving that state weekly.
Can't anyone post without attacks and vitriol. Some of us that live here still have pride in our home state, as I'm sure the rest of you do. May not be perfect, but there is good.

I did ask about a CARB compliant last week, and was told no plans at this time. They said CARB was just a little too difficult to deal with, and they didn't want to go through the process with them at this time. That is depressing.

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I did ask about a CARB compliant last week, and was told no plans at this time. They said CARB was just a little too difficult to deal with, and they didn't want to go through the process with them at this time. That is depressing.
I was wondering what the holdup was. In the beginning, GDE acknowledged that CARB would be more difficult than the EPA, but he didn't have a reason to believe it would take more than a few months longer to get the certification. I wouldn't be surprised if CARB is making a money grab.

I know a guy in California that is having his brother-n-law buy the GDE EPA Compliant Tune for his Ram EcoDiesel. His brother-n-law lives in Arizona. When he goes in for the California inspection, he'll use the flash-tool to switch back to stock. It takes about 6 minutes to change between the GDE and stock tune and vice-versa.

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
I was wondering what the holdup was. In the beginning, GDE acknowledged that CARB would be more difficult than the EPA, but he didn't have a reason to believe it would take more than a few months longer to get the certification. I wouldn't be surprised if CARB is making a money grab.

I know a guy in California that is having his brother-n-law buy the GDE EPA Compliant Tune for his Ram EcoDiesel. His brother-n-law lives in Arizona. When he goes in for the California inspection, he'll use the flash-tool to switch back to stock. It takes about 6 minutes to change between the GDE and stock tune and vice-versa.
I was thinking of the same work around. I have family in arizona, and friends in texas. It's nice to hear is easy and feasible. Thank you.

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Can't anyone post without attacks and vitriol. Some of us that live here still have pride in our home state, as I'm sure the rest of you do. May not be perfect, but there is good.

I held my tongue and was extremely kind and restrained in that post. No need to air my full thoughts about it here.

That must be a Gen 2 engine. GDE has told me that at this time they have no flash tool plans for Gen 3, but they are *hoping* that might change before the tunes are released this fall.

If they don't come up with a way to do a flash tool, it will really complicate matters because then a guy would have to buy a separate ECU and have the dealership clone it before sending one of them off to GDE for tuning.

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I need to make an update to this thread. GDE has now moved the release date back to the fall. At this time, there's no guarantee the tune will be available via flash tool. I will post updates as I learn more.

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
That must be a Gen 2 engine. GDE has told me that at this time they have no flash tool plans for Gen 3, but they are *hoping* that might change before the tunes are released this fall.

If they don't come up with a way to do a flash tool, it will really complicate matters because then a guy would have to buy a separate ECU and have the dealership clone it before sending one of them off to GDE for tuning.
We posted at the same time!

Yes, the 2014 - 2019 EcoDiesel GDE EPA Compliant Tune uses the flash tool. It's an awesome tune with impressive fuel economy numbers.

At I mentioned above, the flash tool might not be an option for the fall release, although it's still possible. GDE has a tendency to under promise and over deliver, so I'm somewhat optimistic.

Tguerrero

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Any update on this?
Sponsored