Sponsored

GDE tune now available for JT, post your experience!

terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Sales
I know that this isn't my side of the street but I did the GDE tune and added 37's and a Mopar lift. No other changes. Not even considering a re-gear. Crawl ratio is about the same as my 09 JKR that had a 6sp. I love driving this Jeep. 22-24 to a gallon of diesel and 0-60 in less than 6 seconds.
Jeep Gladiator GDE tune now available for JT, post your experience! Three Quarter.JPG
Sponsored

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
The Engine Error code is P1400 if I remember correctly. I just edited it out of the error table on my truck, but yes, when I unlocked my ECM it was fine, but as soon as I pushed a custom tune to the ECM and drove it, the code set. I am not sure how buried it is, if you can see it with a normal code reader, but it showed up pretty clearly to the HP Tuner. It simply set the code, with no description. I had to do some digging on the internet to find out what the code meant.
U think jscan can see it? Does it keep marking it everytime u start motor and drive? Curious

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
U think jscan can see it? Does it keep marking it everytime u start motor and drive? Curious
Not sure about jscan, but the code is stored in the BCM and not the PCM from what I read which is why you can't clear it. Even if you clear the PCM it will comeback is it is not stored there and is simply being tripped by the BCM. There is a lot of talk about simply swapping PCMs to avoid detection, but that doesn't sound like a real solve here.

Kole Miller

First Name
Kole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon jt diesel
Occupation
Dentist
37 inch nitto ridge grappler tires on 18 inch rims. 3 inch lift. Bone fish half bed rack. Hard shell tent. It seems the more weight you add to the jeep within reason the more work for the diesel engine. Some might say Passive regen happening. good for the engine to make it work.

onebad427

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's ecodiesel
Occupation
driver
Has anyone run their truck with GDE tuning, with the stock trans tuning? I installed my tuned pcm hours ago, and haven't received my trans tune yet, and need to drive my truck!!!

Sponsored

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
. It seems the more weight you add to the jeep within reason the more work for the diesel engine.
So I’m not picking, but am just saying…that’s like saying water is wet.

Kole Miller

First Name
Kole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon jt diesel
Occupation
Dentist
The point I was trying to make about adding more weight to a diesel makes the engine work harder is that diesels like to work hard and its good for the engine. Almost creates a passive regen situation. I have 37 inch tires with 3 inch lift and bedrack and evo rock sliders and steel pumpers with winch and hard shell tent. No regearing. engine works harder and likes it. So from previous comment if water is wet than bring on the rain.

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
Has anyone run their truck with GDE tuning, with the stock trans tuning? I installed my tuned pcm hours ago, and haven't received my trans tune yet, and need to drive my truck!!!
I ran my tuned PCM for roughly 8 weeks prior to having my trans tuned. I used a different PCM tuner (EOC vs GDE) but I think you'd be fine.

onebad427

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's ecodiesel
Occupation
driver
I ran my tuned PCM for roughly 8 weeks prior to having my trans tuned. I used a different PCM tuner (EOC vs GDE) but I think you'd be fine.
Thanks. I only had to drive in a few miles, and GDE came thru with the trans tune. Love how the truck drives now!

Sponsored

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The point I was trying to make about adding more weight to a diesel makes the engine work harder is that diesels like to work hard and its good for the engine. Almost creates a passive regen situation. I have 37 inch tires with 3 inch lift and bedrack and evo rock sliders and steel pumpers with winch and hard shell tent. No regearing. engine works harder and likes it. So from previous comment if water is wet than bring on the rain.
Lol. I agree 100%. Let the squeeze happen. Pretty cool not dropping a gear, bit let the surge just ease in. My Ram is the same way. I usually have the tank in the bed full for 3 reasons. 1. it rides better. 2. the turbo seems to engage better and 3. The transmission actually shifts better along with the engine brake of which, unfortunately these don’t come with. Anyone heard of adding one?

onebad427

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's ecodiesel
Occupation
driver
Lol. I agree 100%. Let the squeeze happen. Pretty cool not dropping a gear, bit let the surge just ease in. My Ram is the same way. I usually have the tank in the bed full for 3 reasons. 1. it rides better. 2. the turbo seems to engage better and 3. The transmission actually shifts better along with the engine brake of which, unfortunately these don’t come with. Anyone heard of adding one?
GDE tuning actually offers the option of turbo braking.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
GDE tuning actually offers the option of turbo braking.
I have this feature and it's quite nice not needing to ride the brakes going down hills. It is noticable.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have this feature and it's quite nice not needing to ride the brakes going down hills. It is noticable.
If it's similar to the one in my Dodge, after starting the engine, I first hit the brake button then the tow/haul button. Service brakes last a long time and when I had the Trans fluid changed at 102,000 the tech asked if I just had it changed. It's a plus plus.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
If it's similar to the one in my Dodge, after starting the engine, I first hit the brake button then the tow/haul button. Service brakes last a long time and when I had the Trans fluid changed at 102,000 the tech asked if I just had it changed. It's a plus plus.
It's actually super easy. No switches. Just be off the gas, and down shift. If rpm>2500 then it's engaged, then you just row the gears down.
Sponsored