Sponsored

GDE vs EOC/MR

Vtur

Well-Known Member
First Name
Le
Joined
Mar 6, 2021
Threads
11
Messages
2,054
Reaction score
2,420
Location
Norcal
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
Occupation
Electrical Foreman
The marketing sounds good, but there are a lot of ticked off people who had to go through a second round of labor costs due to premature failures. The Dorman doesn't even come with all the parts you need.



They are sometimes on backorder, but all you have to do is get your name on a waiting list. I got mine back in June. I think I had to wait a month or so. It's always a good idea to keep spare parts on hand. I have a few spare intakes for the 2014 - 2019 EcoDiesel and one for the 2020 - 2023 EcoDiesel.

EcoDiesel - Parts Inventory​

PartBrandPart #Model YearQtyCost
Exhaust Temperature SensorMopar5146662AD2014 - 20191
Exhaust Temperature SensorMopar5146663AD2014 - 20193
Glow PlugMopar68460484AB2014 - 20191$56.82
Glow Plug Connector PigtailMopar68460485AA2014 - 20191FREE
Glow Plug Connector PigtailMopar68460485AA2014 - 20192$27.00
MAP SensorFACET10.33782014 - 20192$54.96
Intake Manifold KitMoparCSNDVB14AA2014 - 20192$221.88
EGR CoolerMopar68483334AA2014 - 20191$332.54
Lower Radiator HoseMopar52014953AF2014 - 20191$75.95
Upper Radiator HoseMopar52014952AC2014 - 20191$31.95
Fuel Filter AssemblyMopar68394482AA2014 - 20191$108.01
Exhaust Front PipeMopar68330227AA2014 - 20191$67.49
Turbo Water HoseMopar68211250AA2014 - 20191$23.55
Exhaust GasketMopar68350252AA2014 - 20191$19.95
Oil Temperature SensorMopar68300629AA2014 - 20191$25.92
Engine Coolant ReservoirDorman603-8332014 - 20191$74.56
Filter KitMoparCSSMZ462AA2014 - 20191$44.99
Filter KitMoparCSSMZ462AA2014 - 20191$37.81
Charge Air Hose ClampsMopar6511097AA2014 - 20193$14.94
Exhaust ClampMopar68359475AA2014 - 20211$29.74
Coolant Temp SensorMopar5066779AA2014 - 20231$62.25
Cooling Idler PulleyMopar4627851AA2014 - 20231$36.65
Idler PulleyMopar4627312AA2014 - 20231$24.45
Transmission Pan GasketMopar68172556AA2014 - 20231$29.90
Transmission Pan GasketMopar68172556AA2014 - 20231$16.95
Transmission FilterPPE2280586002014 - 20234$29.99
Oxygen SensorMopar68171190AC2014 - 20231$126.95
Throttle Body To Intake GasketMopar68148127AA2014 - 20231$40.95
Intake Manifold GasketMopar68211212AA2014 - 20231$11.95
Coolant Recovery Bottle CapMopar68442532AA2014 - 20232$21.81
Fuel Filter Assembly (Ram)Mopar68432442AB2020 - 20231$118.07
MAP Sensor (Ram & Jeep)Mopar68490034AA2020 - 20231$66.57
Fuel Filter Assembly (Jeep)Mopar68382328AB2020 - 20231$103.51
Wiring Splice Kit (Jeep)Mopar68416936AA2020 - 20231FREE
Glow PlugMopar68490011AA2020 - 20235$70.24
Glow PlugMopar68490011AA2020 - 20232$68.44
Intake ManifoldMopar68490098AA2020 - 20231$721.44
We need a list like this for the Gen3 ahaha
Sponsored

 

22EcoDs

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2021
Threads
16
Messages
1,530
Reaction score
1,694
Location
NY
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
That's really cool. Cleaner and lower manifold air temp too. Curious whether any issue with carbon build up at the EGR valves when swapping back and forth to stock PCM.
You know, I was wondering that too. If they built in logic to just cycle them open then closed to keep them free? Thats a question for GDE next time I reach out i guess.
 

RyanJTR

New Member
First Name
Ryan
Joined
Aug 3, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
socal
Vehicle(s)
25 JTR
Do we have any data on MrTuning long term reliability compared to stock? GDE seems like the most thorough tune, but given Carb compliance it does not seem like California residents will have that option
 

1945gpw

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2023
Threads
7
Messages
209
Reaction score
283
Location
AZ
Vehicle(s)
TDI jetta, TRD off road 4runner, 1945 Ford Jeep
Installed the GDE tune last week. Put about 700 miles on it returning to AZ from Colorado.

Jeep Gladiator GDE vs EOC/MR IMG_2298


From a seat of the pants feel I can’t say there’s much difference in the engine tuning. I’d say it’s between the tow and street power level of MRtuning.

No change in fuel mileage or temps unfortunately. A constant 23 mpg hand calculated with GDE and MRtuning only difference was direction of travel. Computer still calculates about 2mpg higher than actual.

On initial cold start up I now get some blue smoke from the exhaust. Didn’t get that with MRtuning.

the most noticeable change is the transmission tuning. The torque converter now locks in first gear which feels like it’s shifting into second but then about a second later actually shifts into second. It’s rather aggressive so can’t say I like it but getting use to it shifting this way now.

When going up a hill or grade with cruise control set it will upshift to maintain speed but won’t hold the new gear and constantly hunts for 7th and 8th.

obviously I can shift into manual to hold 7th or take it off cruise control and manipulate the gas pedal so it won’t hunt but didn’t do this before.

Upshifting without cruise control set is much more responsive which is very nice. With MRtuning it would maintain 8th unless I pressed really far on the pedal so I always had it in manual going over passes to upshift to keep rpm’s higher.


With that being said not sure if it’s worth the money to switch over from MRtuning.
Hopefully long term reliability is better but that would be difficult to prove I think. Will see how my oil analysis comes back in the future with the change.

here’s a short video of cruise control set to 75 showing the gear hunting



Jeep Gladiator GDE vs EOC/MR 1791324530931-kv
 

biodiesel

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2018
Threads
15
Messages
2,585
Reaction score
3,370
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
With that being said not sure if it’s worth the money to switch over from MRtuning.
Hopefully long term reliability is better but that would be difficult to prove I think.
I would contact GDE and let him know what you're experiencing and how it compares to MRTuning.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the GDE tune based off your vehicle's factory VIN (stock gear ratio/factory tire size)? If so, wouldn't you need to recalibrate for your larger tires so that the tuning would match the speedometer and transmission shift behavior?

This is all new to me. I've always run stock tires with GDE tuning so I haven't had to make any adjustments. The tune right out of the box is already calibrated for my factory tires.
 

Sponsored

1945gpw

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2023
Threads
7
Messages
209
Reaction score
283
Location
AZ
Vehicle(s)
TDI jetta, TRD off road 4runner, 1945 Ford Jeep
I would contact GDE and let him know what you're experiencing and how it compares to MRTuning.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the GDE tune based off your vehicle's factory VIN (stock gear ratio/factory tire size)? If so, wouldn't you need to recalibrate for your larger tires so that the tuning would match the speedometer and transmission shift behavior?

This is all new to me. I've always run stock tires with GDE tuning so I haven't had to make any adjustments. The tune right out of the box is already calibrated for my factory tires.
good point on the recalibration. I’ll have to see if it went back to stock. If so my mpg might have increased slightly after all. I plan on contacting GDE and see what they say about the shifting.
 

cnapierala

Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jan 7, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
8
Reaction score
11
Location
Divide, CO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL Rubicon Diesel
good point on the recalibration. I’ll have to see if it went back to stock. If so my mpg might have increased slightly after all. I plan on contacting GDE and see what they say about the shifting.
I can't stand the 1st gear converter lock up either. It doesn't do well at all at 9000' of elevation up my driveway ar 12%+. I reported this but they have not been willing to change it.
 

ScubaSteve79

Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Nov 30, 2021
Threads
0
Messages
12
Reaction score
32
Location
U.S.A.
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, C63, GTI,
I can't stand the 1st gear converter lock up either. It doesn't do well at all at 9000' of elevation up my driveway ar 12%+. I reported this but they have not been willing to change it.
Weird. I haven’t had any issues, and I regularly drive at elevations above 9,000 ft. I ran the compliant tune for about five years, basically since shortly after I bought my Gladiator, with no problems.

One important thing is to make sure you also flash the transmission tune and use a Tazer to properly adjust for any tire size changes from stock.

I’m running the Afterlife tune now (no EGR, DPF/DEF), exhaust and intake. Again, no issues at all. I actually gained 2-3 mpg.

Jeep Gladiator GDE vs EOC/MR 20260927_123333
Jeep Gladiator GDE vs EOC/MR Exhaust 1
 

Bananaman

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Nov 18, 2021
Threads
19
Messages
550
Reaction score
1,106
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green Sport S JTRD
Occupation
Retarded...err... I mean Retired
Weird. I haven’t had any issues, and I regularly drive at elevations above 9,000 ft. I ran the compliant tune for about five years, basically since shortly after I bought my Gladiator, with no problems.

One important thing is to make sure you also flash the transmission tune and use a Tazer to properly adjust for any tire size changes from stock.

I’m running the Afterlife tune now (no EGR, DPF/DEF), exhaust and intake. Again, no issues at all. I actually gained 2-3 mpg.

20260927_123333.webp
Exhaust 1.webp
Hard to till from the picture, but did you retain your stock muffler, or go straight pipe all the way back? Curious on sound level.
 
  • Like
Reactions: FC1

FC1

Well-Known Member
First Name
Donald
Joined
Oct 26, 2025
Threads
16
Messages
173
Reaction score
153
Location
florida
Vehicle(s)
2015 jeep
Occupation
welder
Me too
What exhaust are you running
Where did it come from
Thanks in advance
That’s a good looking exhaust system
 

Sponsored

ScubaSteve79

Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Nov 30, 2021
Threads
0
Messages
12
Reaction score
32
Location
U.S.A.
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, C63, GTI,
Hard to till from the picture, but did you retain your stock muffler, or go straight pipe all the way back? Curious on sound level.
I replaced the complete OEM exhaust and now run only a resonator to minimize drone. For me, it’s the perfect balance, not too loud, but with a nice, deeper sound under load. At idle, there’s almost no noticeable difference compared to stock (except during cold start).

Jeep Gladiator GDE vs EOC/MR 20260926_193624
Jeep Gladiator GDE vs EOC/MR 20260927_125823
 

cnapierala

Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jan 7, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
8
Reaction score
11
Location
Divide, CO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL Rubicon Diesel
Weird. I haven’t had any issues, and I regularly drive at elevations above 9,000 ft. I ran the compliant tune for about five years, basically since shortly after I bought my Gladiator, with no problems.

One important thing is to make sure you also flash the transmission tune and use a Tazer to properly adjust for any tire size changes from stock.

I’m running the Afterlife tune now (no EGR, DPF/DEF), exhaust and intake. Again, no issues at all. I actually gained 2-3 mpg.

20260927_123333.webp
Exhaust 1.webp
Start at the bottom of a 12%+ grade that is loose with a swale. Basically mine gets past the point where the torque convert locks up then bogs until the converter unlocks and does the process over again
Additionally, this delays the turbo from building boost from a stop in thin air since it doesnt get any RPMs.
I have learned not to pull out in front of traffic because of this (its a dog until it gets past that converter locking and then a little more) and just deal with it on my driveway.

This is in a 2022 Wrangler Ecodiesel Rubicon with 35" tires, stock tune and the GDE emissions compliant tune. My house is at 9100' and most of my driving is between 6800' - 10,500' of elevation. Post of the fall colors just for fun. :)

Jeep Gladiator GDE vs EOC/MR 20261005_183903
 

caryt

Well-Known Member
First Name
Cary
Joined
May 29, 2023
Threads
37
Messages
540
Reaction score
413
Location
Wellington NV
Vehicle(s)
'84 stretched CJ7/LS/tons/40's, 2021 Rubicon JT 39
Occupation
Retired/ Build jeeps
Just a fyi but seems our trans has Tq converter lockup in all gears.
The ZF 8HP75 automatic transmission used in the Jeep Gladiator JT (primarily paired with the 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 or aftermarket V8 Hemi swaps) utilizes a highly aggressive torque converter clutch (TCC) lockup strategy that operates in all forward gears (1st through 8th)


GearRatioLockup Behavior
1st4.71Engages immediately after initial vehicle movement
2nd3.13Modulated / Fully Locked
3rd2.10Modulated / Fully Locked
4th1.67Fully Locked
5th1.28Fully Locked
6th1.00 (Direct)Fully Locked
7th0.84 (Overdrive)Fully Locked
8th0.67 (Overdrive)Fully Locked

Because the factory TCM map relies on an aggression-based timer and electronic throttle mapping, installing oversized tires (e.g., 35" or 37"+) on a Jeep JT without re-gearing the axles changes the load calculated by the computer. This can cause the TCC to excessively slip or hunt between locking and unlocking to keep the engine in its power band. To fix or customize the lockup per gear schedule, owners utilize aftermarket TCM tuning tools (such as HP Tuners) to adjust the TCC apply/release curves based on TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) percentage and output shaft speed
Sponsored

 
Last edited:
 







Top