Sponsored

Genuine Mopar Passive Entry Kit Driver Side

Average Oregonian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
I'm having a similiar issue. Wife bought me the kit for christmas, I installed it, enabled with the tazer and it worked perfectly for a few weeks. A couple of days ago I went snowboarding and actually needed to use the prox lock because my keys were zipped into my pants and it has stopped working completely. I plan to look at the fuse but beyond that, I'm not sure what could be wrong. All the doors electronics work so I don't believe it's a hardware issue. It's still turned on via tazer. I'm wondering if it might be because I only did the drivers door? or maybe my fob battery is weak though my truck is less than a year old. Who knows. Loved it when it worked but am scratching my head currently.
I would suspect a mechanical failure of some type -- the small wire leading to the handle was damaged, the handle or the handle cap has failed, etc. It is unlikely that anything with the Tazer caused this after a significant period of time has passed since you first installed the proximity setup.

I thought it would’ve been standard on my JTRD…but no such luck.
It is for 2022.
Sponsored

Reactions: mog

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Pretty good install video.

Reactions: mog

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
I would suspect a mechanical failure of some type -- the small wire leading to the handle was damaged, the handle or the handle cap has failed, etc. It is unlikely that anything with the Tazer caused this after a significant period of time has passed since you first installed the proximity setup.

It is for 2022.
Its only been on for a couple of weeks and all the other functions in the door work fine, lights, locks, mirrors.

OP
OP
TNBob2021

TNBob2021

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Oscar Mike
Occupation
RN
Any idea of the part number for the passenger side I can't seem to find it.
i couldn't find it either
i contacted allmoparparts.com and told them what i needed, they sent me a statement.
parts showed up today

RF Door Wiring - 68299332AG
Handles - 68307269AC
Handle Caps - 68307272AD

Sponsored

Average Oregonian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Its only been on for a couple of weeks and all the other functions in the door work fine, lights, locks, mirrors.
Right -- two weeks is a good bit of time :) As long as the Tazer is still showing them as enabled, it would be unlikely that it passively changed that setting on its own without being prompted and without showing the change afterwards. Everything else will still work fine, because those functions aren't reliant on the proximity hardware. I would check the small wire leading to it, the cap itself and the handle itself.

OP
OP
TNBob2021

TNBob2021

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Oscar Mike
Occupation
RN
I originally wanted the drivers side door only to function. Well, I changed my mind when I went to open the door for my wife one night and had to fumble with the key.
I ordered the passengers side set up from allmoparparts.com. I had contacted them directly and they quickly helped me out.
I'm guessing it took a couple of weeks for the parts to arrive.... (which was today).
I went out grabbed my tools and had it installed in about 35 minutes.
Works Perfectly.

Probably one of the best add-ons I've done to my Jeep.
So nice not to have to mess with the keys after working out at the gym or an arm full of groceries. So glad that my jeep already had the proper wiring up to the door connection (behind the kick panel).

Bpine

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Freedom Edition
Occupation
Maintenance
i couldn't find it either
i contacted allmoparparts.com and told them what i needed, they sent me a statement.
parts showed up today

RF Door Wiring - 68299332AG
Handles - 68307269AC
Handle Caps - 68307272AD

Thank you Ordered, you just put those part numbers in the replacement part drop down and they come up.

rymac986

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
That reaching behind the inner panel bit looks difficult.
I tried it his way but wasn't comfortable bending things around that much, so I just ended up rolling the window down and took the bolts out. Mine had blue loctite on them - no problems whatsoever! I'm kicking myself for not ordering the passenger side now that I've seen how easy this mod is.

OP
OP
TNBob2021

TNBob2021

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Oscar Mike
Occupation
RN
I tried it his way but wasn't comfortable bending things around that much, so I just ended up rolling the window down and took the bolts out. Mine had blue loctite on them - no problems whatsoever! I'm kicking myself for not ordering the passenger side now that I've seen how easy this mod is.

I undid the bolts too...
No issues putting all back together

Sponsored

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered a kit.

What are the chances my late 2021 JT Sport S will not work with this kit?

Bpine

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maintenance
I'm kicking myself for not ordering the passenger side now that I've seen how easy this mod is.
Just order the parts listed a few posts above the cost is the same as the driver's side, my passenger parts should be here today.

Bpine

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maintenance
I just ordered a kit.

What are the chances my late 2021 JT Sport S will not work with this kit?
I think it should work, mine in a Freedom edition which is a glorified spot and both sides work great.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Finished the install today on my JT Sport S.

At least for the 2021 JT Sport S, the wire harness behind the door panel has to be replaced.

Sponsored

Last edited: