Sponsored

Getting clean is almost as fun as getting dirty. RIGHT?

Sambo Rambo

First Name
Samson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sarge Green Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Detective
I love rock crawling, but my favorite thing to do with Opha May (my 2022 Sarge Green Gladiator Rubicon) is rub her down till she's blindingly shiny. I haven't bought a single accessory yet. YET. But I've spent close to $500 dollars on polish, pads, wax, sealants, soaps, buffers, micro fiber, etc. Mostly from Chemical Guys.

I have one question for the community: How do you detail the black hardtop? Back to black? She is brand new, so it's not a crisis yet, but a stitch in time saves nine, right.... right? Does anyone else like a clean Jeep?
Sponsored

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Lol. You must be a younger fella.. I used to be like that. As you get older your fingers, hands, shoulders, back and knees will slow your roll. Not saying there’s not satisfaction in a cleaned up unit, but when there seems to be a recovery time for making it perfect…you’ll spend less time making it that way.

This being said, having multiple coats of a good wax on the paint definitely reduces pin-striping and keeps it looking nice longer.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I love rock crawling, but my favorite thing to do with Opha May (my 2022 Sarge Green Gladiator Rubicon) is rub her down till she's blindingly shiny. I haven't bought a single accessory yet. YET. But I've spent close to $500 dollars on polish, pads, wax, sealants, soaps, buffers, micro fiber, etc. Mostly from Chemical Guys.

I have one question for the community: How do you detail the black hardtop? Back to black? She is brand new, so it's not a crisis yet, but a stitch in time saves nine, right.... right? Does anyone else like a clean Jeep?
Can't use wax on it, I have used some spray detailer that does not turn white and chalky or 303, 303 works pretty well just buff it off so it is not streaky.

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
How do you detail the black hardtop?
Treat the hard top like a painted surface, because it is a matte paint. There is no reason you can't use traditional wax on it, but there are so many better 'wax' products that you can use. I use Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Pro Graphene Flex Wax. It works great. Just don't use any polishes (or cleaner waxes with polish in them) since it will affect the gloss level of the paint. If there are any stubborn spots to remove, I use a Staedtler "Mars plastic" eraser.

Sponsored

Mito

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Draftman
Carwash Soap and water does the trick for me. It cleans and dries so easily without leaving any streaks. I haven’t thought about waxing the black top since it’s always clean and glossy.

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
I definitely do not share your love for cleaning the Gladiator. I am hopelessly obsessed with keeping the black detailed and think it’s amazing when it’s clean, but I am happy to take it off-road as well. The problem combining those two is that this is the single worst vehicle to try to clean that I have ever owned. So many places that hold water and dirt! 🤣🤣
I did not help my cause by getting a black one…

Sallaman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator

Ive gotten to be a big fan of using spray wax!! I still paste wax the shiny’s atleast once a year but i dont use it on anything textured, its a pain to get all of it off if you even can… i use the spray wax after ever wash, i use it on everything, shiny painted, textured hard top textured bumpers plastic fenders, ill even hit some if the undercarriage with it… pretty much everything i can get to gets hit with it except the glass.. Doesnt take long, looks great when im done and beads up nicely.

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
Ive gotten to be a big fan of using spray wax!! ...
... i use the spray wax after ever wash, i use it on everything, shiny painted, textured hard top textured bumpers plastic fenders, ill even hit some if the undercarriage with it… pretty much everything i can get to gets hit with it except the glass..
Agreed, the new spray waxes are a godsend IMO. So easy to use! I also use it on the plastic inner fender liners as well as the undercarriage. I really like it for the black plastic fenders and bumpers. My JK has permanent mud stains on the black plastic fenders, but everything just rinses right off of my JT fenders.

Although I treated my glass with NeverWet Glass treatment when new, I still use spray wax on it to maintain beading.

Sallaman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Agreed, the new spray waxes are a godsend IMO. So easy to use! I also use it on the plastic inner fender liners as well as the undercarriage. I really like it for the black plastic fenders and bumpers. My JK has permanent mud stains on the black plastic fenders, but everything just rinses right off of my JT fenders.

Although I treated my glass with NeverWet Glass treatment when new, I still use spray wax on it to maintain beading.
I definitely do the inner fenders also. I think it makes cleaning easier, the mud doesn't stick as well … i use the rainx on the outside glass and then rainx antifog on the inside, theirs probably better stuff out there but it works pretty good on the cheap
Sponsored