JKLivin833

JKLivin833

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
That's excessive. A dealer can pick up a phone and call a rep, that's why I said it was a dealer issue, not a manufacturer issue.
I’m also wondering how much is a @JeepCares issue because my case manager is who was contacting district.
Sponsored

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
I’m also wondering how much is a @JeepCares issue because my case manager is who was contacting district.
It sounds like a dealer issue to me as well. I've had great luck with both Jeep dealers here that I have worked with. I had a few issues with a couple Grand Cherokees. I'll see what happens if I have a Gladiator issue with mine. So far all good, other than me screwing up the alignment of the door striker trying to make it work better with my tube doors. Really can't fault them for that, it was my bonehead move.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Jeep care has no authority to make the manufacturer or dealer do anything. All they can do is make phone calls. They're pretty much limited to PR.

OP
OP
JKLivin833

JKLivin833

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
Jeep care has no authority to make the manufacturer or dealer do anything. All they can do is make phone calls. They're pretty much limited to PR.
Shocking to hear that. They made it sound like they’re the muscle behind the push.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
@JKLivin833,

If you need help getting in touch with your case manager, we can certainly request a phone call/email update. Feel free to reach out via PM with your case number.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shocking to hear that. They made it sound like they’re the muscle behind the push.
You've been in contact with them for how long, and how have they expedited repairs for you? That's my point. The dealer or the manufacturer are the only 2 entities that can do anything and by manufacturer I mean the district service rep. All Jeep Cares can do is make phone calls and update your case notes. I know they're reading this thread, please feel free to correct me If I've posted anything incorrectly.

OP
OP
JKLivin833

JKLivin833

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
You've been in contact with them for how long, and how have they expedited repairs for you? That's my point. The dealer or the manufacturer are the only 2 entities that can do anything and by manufacturer I mean the district service rep. All Jeep Cares can do is make phone calls and update your case notes. I know they're reading this thread, please feel free to correct me If I've posted anything incorrectly.
They’re coming across as unhelpful. How do you recommend I contact the rep?

thanks

OP
OP
JKLivin833

JKLivin833

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
@JKLivin833,

If you need help getting in touch with your case manager, we can certainly request a phone call/email update. Feel free to reach out via PM with your case number.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
I was sent an email today after I reached out to them and told no answer. That’s it

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (Bright White), 2019 Ford Expedition Limited Stealth Package (Magnetic)
Occupation
Realtor
My doors are all like that, if not worse. Lmk what happens.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They’re coming across as unhelpful. How do you recommend I contact the rep?

thanks
Talk to the dealership service manager. Tell him or her that you want the area district service manager to contact you. Be specific and say that you want a phone call.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JKLivin833

JKLivin833

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
So here’s a heads up. They finally got my Gladiator last Monday. I called yesterday to check in and was told I’d hear back today. I just called back and the service advisor said that the tech and service manager have been riding around in my truck today and opened a Star Case. Checking the transmission and the creaking suspension are on my list of things they need to do, so can anyone tell me what a Star Case means? She just said it meant they had to get Chrysler involved. Thanks.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Occupation
Retired
A star case is open when the dealer calls in for Technical assistance and is talking to a technical rep at FCA, the case stays on file so if other dealers out there encounter a similar problem it shows up when we do a symptom search it becomes a reference library, it no way means the problem is covered under warranty, star is used for warranty and non warranty repairs.

Think you said some paint problems. The aluminum panels will bubble or flake off paint if contaminated or scratched through the corrosion barrier. Happens on all aluminum vehicles.

OP
OP
JKLivin833

JKLivin833

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
A star case is open when the dealer calls in for Technical assistance and is talking to a technical rep at FCA, the case stays on file so if other dealers out there encounter a similar problem it shows up when we do a symptom search it becomes a reference library, it no way means the problem is covered under warranty, star is used for warranty and non warranty repairs.

Think you said some paint problems. The aluminum panels will bubble or flake off paint if contaminated or scratched through the corrosion barrier. Happens on all aluminum vehicles.
So does this mean they’re possibly seeing something that is unique?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Occupation
Retired
Maybe the combination of things. Each individual item probably has a analysis sequence to determine a problem but maybe some are inter-related.

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
My rear driver's side door is slightly not flush. It hasn't bothered me. Maybe I'll take a closer look at the seal and the hinge adjustment. Thanks for the info.
Sponsored