Sponsored

Munkey Boy

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3, '79 CJ5, '21 JT Sport S manual.
Occupation
Camp Maintenance
1988 and 1989 I was 17 and saved up for a used 1969 Jeep Kaiser. It was sitting on the lot for over year. when I saved the 1800 for the Jeep I went in and found out they just sold the Jeep to the fire department.
fast forward to today... this jeep is still in service.

C786B7ED-1CA5-41FD-9575-0C7CAB3EC40E.jpeg

89AC85D9-8461-4CDD-92CE-1B18128055D6.jpeg
There's a proper bush beast! Even has the Stihl on the back.
Sponsored

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81’ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ‘18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
This poor thing is spec’d wrong. Should’ve been a sport with the “max toe” (insert hahah) 4:10 ratios, heavy duty cooling, extra power generation for all the electronics and radios, extra wide axles for heavier use and increased payload, rear ac outlet potential for IC adaptation and additional equipment. those wheels and tires are a disability, hopefully they’ll upgrade those. just for starters. Otherwise ILOVE it!!!!
(im sure it was a “committee spec)

Shaqeroni

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator & 2021 Jeep JL Wrangler
Occupation
Retired LEO
1988 and 1989 I was 17 and saved up for a used 1969 Jeep Kaiser. It was sitting on the lot for over year. when I saved the 1800 for the Jeep I went in and found out they just sold the Jeep to the fire department.
fast forward to today... this jeep is still in service.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Fire Truck DSC_2442.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Fire Truck DSC_2442.JPG
Sorry you missed that one but it is very cool!

Sponsored

Heliix

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator
Sorry you missed that one but it is very cool!
At the time I was bummed out but knew they needed it. And with the Jeep still in service to this day, I definitely think it was meant to be this way. I am thinking of taking my Gladiator to the firehouse and tell them the story, and have the Jeeps picture taken side by side.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Anyone else think its strange its an overland? If it were me id go base model sport for a municipal vehicle.
Exactly. If I was going for a brush vehicle and doing that kind of work to it I'd be starting with a cloth seats JT Rubicon. OR a Sport S. But an Overland? Overall I like the concept and the additional execution but I think the base vehicle starting place makes me question. What would the public think about how their money is being spent?

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Exactly. If I was going for a brush vehicle and doing that kind of work to it I'd be starting with a cloth seats JT Rubicon. OR a Sport S. But an Overland? Overall I like the concept and the additional execution but I think the base vehicle starting place makes me question. What would the public think about how their money is being spent?
Exactly! At least if it was a barebones Rubicon you could justify the need for lockers and off road tires.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
Have you ever experienced the design and pricing of a new fire apparatus. With the way the big builders do it on one would ever notice it was a overland. That would be lost in the details.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you ever experienced the design and pricing of a new fire apparatus. With the way the big builders do it on one would ever notice it was a overland. That would be lost in the details.
I’d like to think a brush truck wouldn’t have so much equipment or costs as a pumper or ladder truck and you wouldn’t be able to hide it so much.

Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Agree in principle, but poor execution unless it’ll never leave the pavement. Most Chief trucks I see have a topper on them not a flat bed.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I’d like to think a brush truck wouldn’t have so much equipment or costs as a pumper or ladder truck and you wouldn’t be able to hide it so much.
While it would be less cost the process of ordering and build through the big builders is still mindboggling. The best brush truck I ever used was based on a old army 6X6 that the shop converted. We ordered a specialty mini pumper once, 6 drivers specked it out, sent it up the chain, when it was delivered we were what is this. At least we recognized the department badge on the door.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While it would be less cost the process of ordering and build through the big builders is still mindboggling. The best brush truck I ever used was based on a old army 6X6 that the shop converted. We ordered a specialty mini pumper once, 6 drivers specked it out, sent it up the chain, when it was delivered we were what is this. At least we recognized the department badge on the door.
lol, well that's government bureaucracy for ya.

Jcsii

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR / TJ / CJ5 / MB
Occupation
Elec Eng
Think that's a M715 above, most of the old and new gladiators are a little underrated to toting water around. My volunteer fire department did have a M38A1 with a small water tank in the back, that was exciting to try and get stopped on the road.
Of course cheap surplus vehicles to municipalities drove the purchasing decisions for a lot of the departments back then...

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
I like it overall....but seems unfinished. Standard crappy oem tires? I have to believe those will be swapped out.
Sponsored