Sponsored

Gladiator Hard Top - Wind coming through?

JfishKing

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2016 JKU Sahara
Hey Guys,

I just picked up my mojvae last week and anytime i am over 30 mph there is wind coming through the hardtop... its driving me nuts. I am very familiar with the external wind noise when running a hard top as i had one on my JKU. I dont ever recall the wind coming through my jk hard top. I am about to go back to dealer, but wanted to check with you guys.... anyone else having this issue? prob just needs new weather stripping, but frustrating.

Interest to hear if u guys have same issue or mines messed up.

thanks k
Sponsored

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Hey Guys,

I just picked up my mojvae last week and anytime i am over 30 mph there is wind coming through the hardtop... its driving me nuts. I am very familiar with the external wind noise when running a hard top as i had one on my JKU. I dont ever recall the wind coming through my jk hard top. I am about to go back to dealer, but wanted to check with you guys.... anyone else having this issue? prob just needs new weather stripping, but frustrating.

thanks k
Shouldn't be able to feel any wind. I had that problem with a door seal in my old Land Rover. My new JTR has no drafts. Some wind noise yes, but no drafts. Try running through a touchless carwash and see if you have water intrusion. Could help identify the location of the gap. Just my 2 cents

OP
OP
JfishKing

JfishKing

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah man for a 60 k truck i aint doing squat... they can run with it, just wanted to make sure this not a bigger vehicle wide issue... it not okay, and should be a simple fix, appreciate you confirming you're not getting any air into cab.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Can you feel or hear exactly where it's coming through at? If it's on the front edge near the top of the windshield make sure all your hardtop panels are fully seated, I've seen people have issues with those.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
No issues with mine! Pretty quiet with the windows uyp.

Sponsored

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
No drafts inside on mine. You might check that the hard top is fully seated and secured at each point if you haven't already.

OP
OP
JfishKing

JfishKing

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you feel or hear exactly where it's coming through at? If it's on the front edge near the top of the windshield make sure all your hardtop panels are fully seated, I've seen people have issues with those.
Yeah i took them of a couple of times and re seated it... not helping

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Hey Guys,

thanks k
Have you seen this recent thread: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/wind-noise-solved.39452/

OP
OP
JfishKing

JfishKing

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)