Sponsored

Gladiator is broke

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have a responsive dealer, your best bet is to work it through the dealer.

They have more leverage than you do. They also have a relationship with their service rep.
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rip van winkle. AMC -> Mercedes -> Cerberus Capital -> Fiat -> Stelantis

You are a bit behind.

Last edited:

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
It seems with the modern supply model, spares are not kept on hand like they were in the 60's when I started hanging around motorcycle shops. Back then, our local Honda dealer had a complete warehouse full of bins with everything from petcock gaskets to gas tanks. Every fastener for every model. Even had multiples of bodywork in all colors. It would be nice if dealers now would at least have a couple of powertrain components on dust patrol, just for this type of issue. I know, somewhere, some one needs to be paid for the manufactured item but a vehicle dealership is a license to print money.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Yes- Jeep sent a Wave brochure I put in the glovebox - mine is a December 2019 built 2020. 3 years, 36,000 miles.
I purchased my 2020 in October of 2019… and jeep wave is only 2 years.. guess I missed the 3 year window. It was been nice them paying for rental cars when getting service

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
It seems with the modern supply model, spares are not kept on hand like they were in the 60's when I started hanging around motorcycle shops. Back then, our local Honda dealer had a complete warehouse full of bins with everything from petcock gaskets to gas tanks. Every fastener for every model. Even had multiples of bodywork in all colors. It would be nice if dealers now would at least have a couple of powertrain components on dust patrol, just for this type of issue. I know, somewhere, some one needs to be paid for the manufactured item but a vehicle dealership is a license to print money.
Everybody operates on the JIT (Just In Time) model. They want the assigned parts to show up just before the assigned vehicle hits the assembly line.

No one wants warehouses and inventory, until the system hits the fatal flaw of the logistics path gets broken at every level.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I think getting stranded with a broken transmission at 17,000 miles would be hard to accept by most people once it happened to them. More so away from home during a holiday.

I’ve owned Chrysler—FCA—Stellantis vehicles for 30+ years. I’ve been very lucky with their products. I think right now Jeep is putting out some of the best products it’s every made. At the same time, my trust in FCA and my local dealer are at their lowest ever. I’ve never see such money grabbing greed, incompetence and disregard for customer service all at the same time.

My JL has turned out pretty reliable, but I dread the day I need to rely on my dealer or FCA to fix a problem.

OP: I hope you get things fixed. After that, only you can decide where you stand with your Jeep. If you decide to keep it and enjoy it, it means you are as hooked like the rest of us. If you decide to ditch it and leave FCA altogether, you are in the company of many others who are sick and tired of paying through the nose for mediocre service.

Hope you get things resolved.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
Everybody operates on the JIT (Just In Time) model. They want the assigned parts to show up just before the assigned vehicle hits the assembly line.

No one wants warehouses and inventory, until the system hits the fatal flaw of the logistics path gets broken at every level.
The changing money supply over the decades has also affected inventory holdings. My parents both worked. Dad sold cars and mom was a Deere manager. We had a nice home in the burbs, a vehicle for every driver, a boat with 3 acres on the lake with an additional vacant lot in town just for whatever. Good food and always a summer vacation to some place different, sometimes to another country. Oh, and money in the bank. Not bad for a couple of sharecropper's kids born just before the Depression. My, how the world has changed. Half of our country pays no taxes and social programs eat a huge chunk of revenue.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
We've already had the conversation about bailouts for Wallstreet and the Auto Industry pre pandemic. Some said we would not let those nice people experience destitution due to their own failure, and we all paid for their free ride, and they should be grateful every last day of their life for those well spent tax dollars to sustain their lifestyles. Not properly staffing jeep cares during a holiday weekend is shortsighted and off brand. Jeepers are out on the weekends. Duh. And we also have had the conversation about it is a choice between good paying jobs or cheap goods, that we haven't figured out how to do both. So we get people working a long weekend when we need help cause we are stuck miles from home, and they just don't have the support from upstairs, nor the resources, too serve us properly. So they don't because they can't. And we don't do politics in the forum, so we'll leave out scoreboard. That said, I agree overall this is due to just in time. And I always add, that, the hyper economics mentality is devoid of goodness and bound to collapse because shortsightedness is the rabbit and common decency, civic duty, is the tortoise that would look beyond the quarterlies to the higher peaks of brand loyalty. My 2c, OP, you aint wrong.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the extended warranty for this reason and this reason only, the loaner car.

It sucks OP, I get it, but stuff happens, it's really nobody's fault just part of life. Try getting your luggage lost and flight canceled on a connecting flight coming home from Europe on a 4th of July weekend. You wanna talk about pain in the ass and not being able to get what you need...times like these either tarnish or shine your character.
I always keep this in mind. On good days be grateful, and on bad days be graceful. It really helps, no matter how indifferent to your plight people can be.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Folks, don't forget that most states have lemon laws. The requirements of the laws vary wildly from state to state. But many allow you to petition for damages even if you don't want a new car.

For example, costs incurred in airfare because your car is off the road.

Sniper

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Ecodiesel Gladiator Rubicon JT370 AEV pkg.
17k miles in, needs a new transmission. Pathetic. Jeep Cares is a nightmare. I can forgive a random defective transmission, but cannot get over the lack of concern from FCA over the impact this has had on my ability to 1. Enjoy my vehicle, 2. Enjoy my vacation (which required the use of my Jeep) 3. Get back home feom out of town 4. Get back to work.

Worst experience I've ever had. The amount of time I've spent trying to get them on the phone, then to give a /%$# is ridiculous.

No rental cars here (vacation area during the 4th), they won't arrange that anyways. They cant help w/loaners either.

I hope the 2nd tranny craps out so I can end my relationship w FCA.
The local dealership/service dept has been great. I'm not po'd about the mechanical failure, it happens. It's the service from FCA. Lazy, entitled company.
Sounds like the following:

1) You are an "entitled" over drama tupe of person.
2) Your expectations are all about you, you are self centered and self absorbed.
3) You are getting a new transmission which is all they owe you, if that being it's an OEM problem and not something you ruined with your tantrum act...
4) Sell your Jeep and get something else like a Bronco and see how that works out.

Cripton805

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
I'm sure dealing with FCA / Stellantis is frustrating. The dealerships / techs / advisers I've dealt with are terrible.

But I will tell you. At least they pretend to care. I had a Chevy Corvette and GM didn't give a single F about it's customers.

I'm talking major safety problems. Notorious cracking wheels, overheating, fuel pumps cracking and leaking fuel.

Class action lawsuits for their 8 speed transmissions. They have only taken responsibility for the fuel pumps and extended the warranty to 10 years on the pump. Everything else doesn't get covered.

Extensive info on GM online.

heftysmurf

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Can we just end the debate with the following....

Jeepcares, warranties, etc. are just like your office's Human Resources department. They're there to protect the company -- not the owner/employee. Not a single person outside of my family puts any time or effort is worrying about my wellbeing....WE take care of ourselves.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Folks, don't forget that most states have lemon laws. The requirements of the laws vary wildly from state to state. But many allow you to petition for damages even if you don't want a new car.

For example, costs incurred in airfare because your car is off the road.
I would be interested to know what state lemon laws cover "damages" besides those needed to get a vehicle to a servicing dealer?

Most warranty contracts have language to precludes them from having to cover external expenses the owner has incurred like lost of wages, use of vehicle and other expenses not directly related to the vehicle itself.
Sponsored