Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Yes sometimes by truck, sometimes by rail.
Not sure what determines the method. Maybe how many are going where with larger quantities by rail and smaller batches by car carrier?
Makes sense.
IF they receive it this week, if _I_ receive this week, that would be under 1 month as the order date was 10/17 and 11/17 is next week.
(I can never forget that date - my wife's birthday)

Advertisement

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
What was your order date?
Framing is when the the “Body In White” is almost complete. A “Body In White” is the bare sheet metal, no paint, no trim. It still needs to go through the “Panel Line” where the doors and hood and tailgate are assembled to it, Then it goes through paint, then on to trim where all the interior, electrical, drivetrain and everything else is put into the vehicle. Then after final testing ad inspection, out to the yard to be loaded to method of transport.

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
Makes sense.
IF they receive it this week, if _I_ receive this week, that would be under 1 month as the order date was 10/17 and 11/17 is next week.
(I can never forget that date - my wife's birthday)
God help you if you ever do forget. LOL

Sponsored

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know it.
I have my wife’s birthday and our anniversary date tattooed on the inside of my eyelids so I always see them when I blink or sleep.

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Typical time in D1 status is 12 days. Can vary.
Here’s a repost of the codes that the dealer can see:

Scheduled:

C – Tentative schedule
D – Firm schedule: serial number assigned, approx. time in station – 5 days
D1– gateline: unit sequenced for production, est. ship date assigned,
Approx. time in station – 12 days

Build:
E– Framing
F– Paint
G– Trim

Built:
I – unit built, pending final inspection
J – Vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier
JB – shipped to body vendor
JE – shipped to emissions
JJ – consigned to body vendor
JS – shipped to storage
KZ – released by plant and invoiced

Traffic Codes:
KZ L – released but not shipped KZ M – first rail departure
KZ N – first rail arrival
KZ O – delayed/received
KZ OA – plant hold, quality audit
KZ OB – zone, dealer, sales, vehicle prep, tax, diversion or derailment hold, dealer refusal, vehicle diverted
KZ OC – carrier delay, strike-bound, emission or safety hold, rail car shortage, bad or insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error
KZ OD – mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle in repair, lacking parts or storage hold
KZ OE – misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZ OF – shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed
KZ OG – damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction
KZ OH – all other “O” type carrier codes
KZ T – second rail departure
KZ U – second rail arrival
KZ X – delivered to dealer
KZ Y1 – major damage – must not be sold as new
KZ Y2 – major damage – vehicle sold at auction

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator, 2002 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Gobi Edition
Yeah I have all the quotes, but maybe I'm missing something but it looks like you get D1, then it's suddenly built. I figured you'd see the progression of the build but maybe not.

Based on your order date, I expect mine might be ready this week for shipping-not counting on it, but we'll see. Thanks for the info!

Sponsored

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It only takes a couple days to go through the entire process from Frame to Paint to Built providing there are no production stops.
Shipping logistics is a whole nutha story. I watched a car of mine sit in a marshalling yard for 2 weeks collecting dust until it went to the dealer for me to pick up.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I was told mine was being built on last Monday. Mid-week I had the build sheet. Saturday I had the sticker. Today I'm told it's on a truck as of late last night. Wish there was a way to confirm that.......... I suppose/hope, the dealer knows this for a fact.
I must be the outlier here because if this happens like it may, and it ends up here this week and I get it by Saturday, it will have been less than a full month and I keep seeing 6 to 8 weeks.
I don't know where all the codes come from or where people get them but I guess if it's on a truck it doesn't matter? But I'd like to know where the truck is because this horrible WIND and snow and ice WILL delay that poor driver for sure. I don't envy him/her.

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was told mine was being built on last Monday. Mid-week I had the build sheet. Saturday I had the sticker. Today I'm told it's on a truck as of late last night. Wish there was a way to confirm that.......... I suppose/hope, the dealer knows this for a fact.
I must be the outlier here because if this happens like it may, and it ends up here this week and I get it by Saturday, it will have been less than a full month and I keep seeing 6 to 8 weeks.
I don't know where all the codes come from or where people get them but I guess if it's on a truck it doesn't matter? But I'd like to know where the truck is because this horrible WIND and snow and ice WILL delay that poor driver for sure. I don't envy him/her.
And there in lies the logistics of shipping.
Your dealer should be able to tell you the traffic codes.
Unfortunately there’s no live GPS tracking info on the carriers.
Now’s The last leg of the journey and the waiting game is almost over.

I’m guessing mine should start build tomorrow or Wednesday and shipping about 5 days later or on the 18th with delivery hopefully on the 20th to my dealer. I ordered on 10/28

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
And there in lies the logistics of shipping.
Your dealer should be able to tell you the traffic codes.
Unfortunately there’s no live GPS tracking info on the carriers.
Now’s The last leg of the journey and the waiting game is almost over.

I’m guessing mine should start build tomorrow or Wednesday and shipping about 5 days later or on the 18th with delivery hopefully on the 20th to my dealer. I ordered on 10/28
Yeah, but yours is oh so so far away from TOLEDO...... it will take forever to get there

Say, I can track UPS deliveries - even the final truck - they could ship it UPS Naw - don't want it damaged.....

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, but yours is oh so so far away from TOLEDO...... it will take forever to get there

Say, I can track UPS deliveries - even the final truck - they could ship it UPS Naw - don't want it damaged.....
OH NOOOOOO. DONT SAY THAT!
I’m only 2.5 hours from the plant in Toledo.

Advertisement

Advertisement