Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Hey All,

So I've gotten some conflicting information on the best time to order. Initially, when visiting a dealer about 2 weeks ago, I was told the builds were taking upwards of 12-16 weeks for turnaround. After looking at color options, I'm very set on Gator, with a slight inclination to get Gobi if the timing works better. My lease is up in October, cutting it very close. Based on the color production chart, what is everyone's thoughts on turnaround times so far? I'm hoping that any production delays work themselves out, but I'm having a hard time deciding when I should start to put my order in (that's assuming that we can order the Gobi/Gator by that September timeframe that it's showing on the production chart).

I don't want to order too early and be stuck with 2 very expensive trucks (Unsure how this works as I've never purchased a car that wasn't right in front of me, but assuming you have to accept delivery in a somewhat timely fashion once it arrives). I also don't want to order too late and have to uber my a$$ all over the place for a month while I wait for my baby.

I would appreciate any help from people who have placed orders so far as to timeframe it's taking so far. Also looing for people who have ordered builds in the past to walk me through the financing part of it (Is that worked out before the build sheet is submitted, is the financing done when you go to pick up the car?)

Thank you all in advance, and excited that I finally put my first post in. I've been creeping this forum for awhile and finally signed up!

Lastly, if I posted this in the wrong spot, sorry!
Welcome! Not sure if anyone answered you - but, at the moment, no one has a good estimate on turnaround. Perhaps in the next 2 months or so there will be a good rhythm and it will be easier to tell.

Advertisement

Sponsored

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Maybe I missed it earlier in this thread, but if you have a VON but do not yet have a VIN go here for Jeep Chat Help:

https://fcacommunity.force.com/Jeep/s/knowledge

Tried calling yesterday and the Jeep phone guy had zero info and couldn't see my order at all.

Today the Jeep chat girl found my order with my VON and said "Your Order passed edit but still not scheduled to be built yet...no VIN # has been assigned yet."

Apparently "passed edit" means I'm no longer able to make changes to the Order...it's locked in.

That's good news verses no news! Took 1 week to get to this point after getting a VON.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Maybe I missed it earlier in this thread, but if you have a VON but do not yet have a VIN go here for Jeep Chat Help:

https://fcacommunity.force.com/Jeep/s/knowledge

Tried calling yesterday and the Jeep phone guy had zero info and couldn't see my order at all.

Today the Jeep chat girl found my order with my VON and said "Your Order passed edit but still not scheduled to be built yet...no VIN # has been assigned yet."

Apparently "passed edit" means I'm no longer able to make changes to the Order...it's locked in.

That's good news verses no news! Took 1 week to get to this point after getting a VON.
Just speaking from my experience jeep chat has been my go to. I send them a quick message asking what code my build is in and within a few min they let me know. The only problem I have had is they will not nail down a date like build date or ship date.

I find it fairly up to date and I don't have to bother my sales guy as much. I kind of feel bad for him as I beat him up on the price for quite a long time;)

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon , BMW F800GS
Curious has anyone had a Rubicon with a Manual transmission move past D status. Ordered Silver on 4/29 been in D since 5/14.. Thanks
I ordered a Rubicon 6 speed, premium soft top on 4/26, got the VIN on 5/8. Haven't heard anything since.

lilloco

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Jeep Comanche, 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3, 2008 Jeep WK 3.0crd
Occupation
Card-Player
I now have a build sheet but no window sticker.
Build Sheet link now active but "No records found corresponding to the VIN provided" and window sticker link requires me to right click to open to a new window but is still as it has been for a couple weeks now... fingers still crossed but no breath held.

J33P3R

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU and 2020 Jeep Gladiator RLE
Vehicle Showcase
ordered on the pre order day 4/4/29 think went in 4/5/19, in D status with VIN just been sitting since mid may in D :( firecracker red LE...anyone with FCR LE have any movement yet? wait is killing me

Sponsored

Deleted member 20081

Just called my guy Carlos at Safford Jeep Va. he said my Jeep is in TRANSIT!! Wahoo! Carlos has been checking daily for me. What a nice guy. He said they have sold quite a few there in Warrenton and he just sold a black Overland yesterday. They had a rubicon but it’s gone. Of the LEs they ordered mine will be the first to arrive.

HigBeasty

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
ordered on the pre order day 4/4/29 think went in 4/5/19, in D status with VIN just been sitting since mid may in D :( firecracker red LE...anyone with FCR LE have any movement yet? wait is killing me
There was a red LE that was delivered yesterday. My White LE has been in D status since the very beginning of May.

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ
There was a red LE that was delivered yesterday. My White LE has been in D status since the very beginning of May.
Mine was assigned a shipping date of 5/20. Just heard from my dealer and it is in JB status now which I believe means it is getting the spray in bed liner. But doesn’t have a rail ship date until 6/5 with an estimated delivery 3rd or 4th week of June. :headbang:

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
Mid-May was like a week ago homie. I hear you though. It's maddening to wait when you know what you have coming to you and you see other people taking delivery.

HigBeasty

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Mine was assigned a shipping date of 5/20. Just heard from my dealer and it is in JB status now which I believe means it is getting the spray in bed liner. But doesn’t have a rail ship date until 6/5 with an estimated delivery 3rd or 4th week of June. :headbang:
I’m actually hoping mine gets delivered the end of June. I will be out of the country the first few weeks of June. Would drive me crazy if my LE was just sitting at the dealership while I was gone.

Advertisement

Advertisement