Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
When was it in Inspection status? Mine went to Inspection to schedule for delivery in the same day. I checked this morning and they told we it was still awaiting scheduling for delivery - it showed up at 5:30 pm today at the dealership on a car hauler.
I’m gonna say I’m super happy for you... but a piece of me inside hates you out of sheer jealously lol
That’s as good of a surprise as one could get right there.

Advertisement

YAABUGGN

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500, 2001 Audi TT
Occupation
Aeronautical Radio Operator
Man...I only ordered on May 23 and I hear rumours the 2021 builds are starting in July? I wonder what the odds are that I get my 2020 built quickly as they prep for 2021 builds??
I'm sure if you have a "VIN" already then you're in for a 2020. I don't know if they can change the year coordinated with the VIN

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure if you have a "VIN" already then you're in for a 2020. I don't know if they can change the year coordinated with the VIN
Yup, you're locked in at that point. The dealer would have to absorb your order as one of theirs and let you put a new order in. Then they decide if you get your deposit back, allow it transfer to the new build, or keep it.

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Yup, you're locked in at that point. The dealer would have to absorb your order as one of theirs and let you put a new order in. Then they decide if you get your deposit back, allow it transfer to the new build, or keep it.
I'm fine with getting a 2020...just want to get my hands on the damn truck. I'm driving a 2015 F150 Platinum I've had since new and while it's a nice ride I'm itching for a change!

I know the Jeep won't drive nearly as nice, but my biggest concern is the lack of space in the Jeep cab compared to my SuperCrew....hopefully that is something I can get used to.

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Damn now there is a build found for an order that was placed on May 1! That’s twice they skipped over April!

I did talk to my inside guy at Jeep HQ and he said he sees my order (GasparsRevenge sting gray auto ordered 4/22) as slated for starting build in 2 weeks. He also said they are taking 2-3 days to build right now... If you have a tonneau and/or spray in bed liner it’s longer.

This might be an accurate date for me as the dealership says they now see an estimated ship date of June 25th. So build in two weeks and ship in 3 weeks. Hope that sticks or it gets bumped up!

Mojave

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler unlimited 2017, Jeep Wrangler unlimited Moab 2019, Jeep Gladiator 2020
Occupation
Project Engineer
Has anyone that ordered a Mojave actually got it yet? We ordered on 3/10 and just finally got the VIN number today. The live chat says that they have all the parts needed to start the build and it will enter the build phase soon. I know it’s a pandemic and they shut down but I just don’t understand why it took so long to get the VIN number.

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Damn now there is a build found for an order that was placed on May 1! That’s twice they skipped over April!

I did talk to my inside guy at Jeep HQ and he said he sees my order (GasparsRevenge sting gray auto ordered 4/22) as slated for starting build in 2 weeks. He also said they are taking 2-3 days to build right now... If you have a tonneau and/or spray in bed liner it’s longer.

This might be an accurate date for me as the dealership says they now see an estimated ship date of June 25th. So build in two weeks and ship in 3 weeks. Hope that sticks or it gets bumped up!
If you have yours shipped by June 25th I would be pretty happy with that all things considered. When you placed the order the production line was closed...don't think they were up and running till around May 18th, but I may be wrong on that.

I ordered mine (Bosshog) on May 23. At this point I will be happy to see it before summer is over....

ciarraikerry

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Occupation
Biologist
I’m gonna say I’m super happy for you... but a piece of me inside hates you out of sheer jealously lol
That’s as good of a surprise as one could get right there.
I’ve been slowly putting my JK back into stock form for my trade in. Going ahead and finishing it off tonight in case I get a surprise like JED. That will probably guarantee that it will take all the way to the 11th. :headbang:
By the way, my MPG has steadily climbed over the past 3 weeks. Did the winch and skid plates on the same day, that was a 3mpg boost.

alanglois

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator (Rubicon-R.I.P) Mojave (the Ruby was totaled by a DD in Jan!)
I’ve been slowly putting my JK back into stock form for my trade in. Going ahead and finishing it off tonight in case I get a surprise like JED. That will probably guarantee that it will take all the way to the 11th. :headbang:
By the way, my MPG has steadily climbed over the past 3 weeks. Did the winch and skid plates on the same day, that was a 3mpg boost.
My Mojave order was placed on 4/11/20 and a call to the dealer confirmed a delivery (Finished Production-Bedliner and tonneau still to be installed) date of 6/8/2020 and then put into a "PUSH" for delivery to the dealership. Jeep Chat was not as clear. All parts are available for production story... I don't expect it until late June though. I have no Build Sheet or Window Sticker as of today in the tracker. I really don't think I will see those until the 7th or 8th. I live about an hour from the factory so I get it via truck not train. I'll keep this story updated...

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If you have yours shipped by June 25th I would be pretty happy with that all things considered. When you placed the order the production line was closed...don't think they were up and running till around May 18th, but I may be wrong on that.

I ordered mine (Bosshog) on May 23. At this point I will be happy to see it before summer is over....
Thats correct the plant didn’t open until the 18th. And when they opened they were running on just one shift, and half capacity during that 1 shift. I think what some people are trying to figure out (including me) is the rhyme or reason to a second order from May now having progress before ours placed in April or even March.

I’m not complaining about the possible dates for my gladiator though, I’m just anxious and excited as all hell!

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My Mojave order was placed on 4/11/20 and a call to the dealer confirmed a delivery (Finished Production-Bedliner and tonneau still to be installed) date of 6/8/2020 and then put into a "PUSH" for delivery to the dealership. Jeep Chat was not as clear. All parts are available for production story... I don't expect it until late June though. I have no Build Sheet or Window Sticker as of today in the tracker. I really don't think I will see those until the 7th or 8th. I live about an hour from the factory so I get it via truck not train. I'll keep this story updated...
Wow you ordered on 4/11 and it’s already mostly built aside from tonneau and bed liner????

Also just so I understand... Jeep Chat is still telling you you’re in D1 (all parts gathered and waiting for build to start) but your dealer was able to get a better update showing it as mostly built and ready to ship?

alanglois

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator (Rubicon-R.I.P) Mojave (the Ruby was totaled by a DD in Jan!)
Wow you ordered on 4/11 and it’s already mostly built aside from tonneau and bed liner????

Also just so I understand... Jeep Chat is still telling you you’re in D1 (all parts gathered and waiting for build to start) but your dealer was able to get a better update showing it as mostly built and ready to ship?
The dealer said the production date would be 6/8/2020 and then time for the liner and tonneau. So it is not produced yet - they are saying 6/8. Jeep Chat says D1 still. Jives with the dealers info but they are less committal on delivery.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer said the production date would be 6/8/2020 and then time for the liner and tonneau. So it is not produced yet - they are saying 6/8. Jeep Chat says D1 still. Jives with the dealers info but they are less committal on delivery.
Ahh ok yup that makes sense then. My Jeep guy looked in the back end and said I’m slated to start build in 2 weeks so you starting next week sounds about right. You’ll be in D1 until it starts and Jeep Chat won’t give you anything else until then.

YAABUGGN

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500, 2001 Audi TT
Occupation
Aeronautical Radio Operator
If you have a tonneau and/or spray in bed liner it’s longer.
of course I have both of those things -_-

My Mojave order was placed on 4/11/20 and a call to the dealer confirmed a delivery (Finished Production-Bedliner and tonneau still to be installed) date of 6/8/2020 and then put into a "PUSH" for delivery to the dealership.
How are you getting all this superb status information?! Hook a brother up!

my builds nickname is "build" I didn't understand that the Nickname part was supposed to be something I can make up

Advertisement

Advertisement