First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Refinery guy
Ordered my Sport S Ecodiesel 7/12....have gotten mixed information but as of today, it's built and awaiting final inspection before going to the storage lot. Not going to hold my breath, as it went from D to D1, then to E on 9/11 after an advisor through Jeep Cares emailed me about it being sequenced for build 9/14. I really hope to get it in time to enjoy some decent weather up here in Washington State now that the fires have died out a bit!
Could be worse.
I ordered a second gladiator since my first one has been in the shop since August 21st.
Lost the entire summer in a rental car.

Advertisement

Peterabbits

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 toyota ext cab 4x4, 2004 toyota matrix XR
Occupation
Purchasing Manager
got the call yesterday that my gladiator had arrived at the dealership ~1 hour before hand. immediately drove down and started the paperwork. lift is arriving today, will be installed tomorrow. tires are delivering tomorrow, will be installed saturday. i'll be driving it home by Sunday! currently have 1 key and the owners manual etc in my possession while the dealership does their thing. still dirty as hell in the attached picture even though you can't really tell (love this color!).

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking gladiator

Apocalypz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK Unlimited, 2021 JTR Diesel (Ordered 7/11/20)
Occupation
Operations
got the call yesterday that my gladiator had arrived at the dealership ~1 hour before hand. immediately drove down and started the paperwork. lift is arriving today, will be installed tomorrow. tires are delivering tomorrow, will be installed saturday. i'll be driving it home by Sunday! currently have 1 key and the owners manual etc in my possession while the dealership does their thing. still dirty as hell in the attached picture even though you can't really tell (love this color!).

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking gladiator
Congrats!
Is that the granite crystal ?

Peterabbits

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 toyota ext cab 4x4, 2004 toyota matrix XR
Occupation
Purchasing Manager
yes, granite crystal. ordered 6/30, but order wasn't put in until 7/1. confirmed it was the first 2021 on the lot.

Sponsored

Apocalypz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Operations
yes, granite crystal. ordered 6/30, but order wasn't put in until 7/1. confirmed it was the first 2021 on the lot.
I ordered granite crystal as well. Even more excited about that color after your comments.
Expecting delivery first week of October. Order 2021 JTR diesel on 7/11.

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey
7/20 Order StingGray JTR Eco Diesel
9/15 - Paint (Jeep Chat)
9/17 - G- Trim (Salesman at dealership)
Possible delivery but end of month, realistically 1st week in October.

Approaching light at the end of the tunnel.

Apocalypz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Operations
7/20 Order StingGray JTR Eco Diesel
9/15 - Paint (Jeep Chat)
9/17 - G- Trim (Salesman at dealership)
Possible delivery but end of month, realistically 1st week in October.

Approaching light at the end of the tunnel.
We’re gonna be in a race to see who gets their JTR diesel first! I’m thinking first week of October too. :rock:

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
Window sticker showed up this morning in the Tracker!! Getting closerrrrrrr!

Sponsored

Kaiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow 1969 J3000 Gladiator farm truck. 1969 J2000 Gladiator project.
My Max Tow '21 gas was ordered 7/20, built the week of 8/24, still KZS on Friday, now Jeep Chat said today it being shipped, still in Ohio. Their delivery 'window' is 9/14-9/28. Long train ride ahead.
Update on the loooong train ride- JC told me the rail car was released at Toledo 9/4. Arrived North Platte, NE 9/9. Through that info and my job connections and much searching I found the rail car had arrived in Oregon 9/17. It was stuck in the massive rail hub of North Platte for 5 days before departing on another train. It might be unloaded in Spokane tomorrow (I hope)

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
I damn near walked away from the deal. The dealer tried to sneak in a $2000 ELO and protection package that they say goes on every vehicle when they come in. Like paint sealant, fabric sealant and GPS tracking like LoJack. Well, I never agreed to that at the time of order, nor was it mentioned when I ordered. Seriously, they tried saying it's not an option. That every lot vehicle has it. This isn't a dealer inventory vehicle. Then they lowered it to $1000. Told them I'll walk and order another one from a different dealer. Don't give a flying fornication. Then I took the guy outside and showed him that there wasn't a stitch of protection on that paint. It was squeaky. What protection? God I hate dealer shenanigans. They caved and removed the charge completely.

And now I get to play "find the dealer installed GPS tracking device" and remove it. Didn't ask for it, didn't order it, don't want it.

Spcbl1

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Mojave, 1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Occupation
IT Director
I damn near walked away from the deal. The dealer tried to sneak in a $2000 ELO and protection package that they say goes on every vehicle when they come in. Like paint sealant, fabric sealant and GPS tracking like LoJack. Well, I never agreed to that at the time of order, nor was it mentioned when I ordered. Seriously, they tried saying it's not an option. That every lot vehicle has it. This isn't a dealer inventory vehicle. Then they lowered it to $1000. Told them I'll walk and order another one from a different dealer. Don't give a flying fornication. Then I took the guy outside and showed him that there wasn't a stitch of protection on that paint. It was squeaky. What protection? God I hate dealer shenanigans. They caved and removed the charge completely.

And now I get to play "find the dealer installed GPS tracking device" and remove it. Didn't ask for it, didn't order it, don't want it.
Thats some shady sh*t! I said this yesterday but we should be calling these places out publicly. The bait and switch practices, the absurdly high processing fees (shouldn't exceed $99), the mandatory add ons, GPS tracking!?!? are practices that would be frowned upon in all other industries. If you went to a pizza place advertising a 5.99 large pizza and then when you got there they charged you $9.99 because you only had five fingers and not six as described in the fine print three clicks down, then tacked on a $4 mandatory garlic oil crust fee because it goes on as soon as it leaves the oven on all pies you would report them or at least blast them on Yelp. If best buy added an additional GPS tracker to your iPhone you would be calling your politicians looking for privacy regulations. Why do dealerships continue to get away with this stuff???

Advertisement

Advertisement