Gladiators on Mopar 2" Lift Kit

JCC

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland Diesel, 1982 CJ8 Scrambler
2" Mopar lift, 285/75r18 Toyo OC ATs, adjustable front track bar. I had the same setup on my JKUR and loved it, handled every trail I threw at it in CO and UT. I have an OEM steel winch bumper I got off CL and the Smittybilt X20 I kept from the JK yet to go on, so I'll see how that impacts the front before looking at maybe the 1" Teraflex spacer. I'll be regularly towing about 3k lbs so some rake is needed.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiators on Mopar 2" Lift Kit PXL_20210625_234034856.MP
Jeep Gladiator Gladiators on Mopar 2" Lift Kit PXL_20210625_234105948
Sponsored

BRAVOZULU9

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon; 2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
And now with Rubi flares. A complete PITA because they can’t be separated to paint unless you want to break the heat welds of the 2 piece plastic design. Not sure what you’re supposed to do if you damage one of the factory painted ones. If I was to do it over, I would have just gone unpainted
Jeep Gladiator Gladiators on Mopar 2" Lift Kit IMG_3117
I'm planning to replace my Sport S flares with Rubi flares but have only found the front set. Did you also replace the rears? Is there a major difference b/w stock Sport S (Max Tow) and Rubi rears that you know of?

Sponsored

BRAVOZULU9

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon; 2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Just installed the 2" Mopar this weekend. It was a pita doing it myself with my garage setup but it turned out great! Torquing the control arms to 190 lbs is a bit tough on jack stands but do-able. Took it to the shop for an alignment and is driving great. Put on a Fox TS steering stabilizer to button things up and rides fantastic! Handling prior to the stabilizer was questionable after the lift and the stabilizer really firmed things up. 35" KO2s on stock LE wheels, Mopar 2" lift, teraflex 1" leveling puck (took out the 1/2" puck), Fox TS stabilizer and happy with the results. Winch is next to go in but deciding on which one...

Hey David. You mentioned it was tough torquing the control arms while on jack stands? Does the kit tell you to tighten them on stands or on the vehicle's own weight on the ground? Just curious as I'll be tackling this soon. Thanks.

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Hey David. You mentioned it was tough torquing the control arms while on jack stands? Does the kit tell you to tighten them on stands or on the vehicle's own weight on the ground? Just curious as I'll be tackling this soon. Thanks.
You want to slightly tighten the bolts on the control arms before you drop it to the ground, but don't torque them until the truck is on the ground and under the full load of its weight. If you torque them while it's still on the stands, you might cause some overbinding of the bushings in the control arms. This could cause the bushings to wear out prematurely.

EXTORTION

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
OK, looking for the Front and Rear Coil Spring for the Gladiator Rubicon 2" Suspension Lift , I have everything else and don't need to pay for the other parts a second time. Does anyone know the F7R Coil Spring part numbers for the 2" Lift kit

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
OK, looking for the Front and Rear Coil Spring for the Gladiator Rubicon 2" Suspension Lift , I have everything else and don't need to pay for the other parts a second time. Does anyone know the F7R Coil Spring part numbers for the 2" Lift kit
I didn't know if you have the 3.6L or the 3.0L, so I included both. If you can't make out the part numbers from my photos, let me know and I can post whichever ones you need based on your engine.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiators on Mopar 2" Lift Kit 16261260105894066670705649866085

Jeep Gladiator Gladiators on Mopar 2" Lift Kit 16261260992062488666900170334834

EXTORTION

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
Got it thanks. Next question. Currently running the AEV 2" Spacer Kit, AEV Geometry Correction Kit, Front Adjustable Track Bar and Rubicon Extended Front LCAs.

Would replacing the AEV front 2" spacer with the Rubicon 2" suspension lift front coils work or better to stay with the AEV 2" spacers.

Sponsored

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Got it thanks. Next question. Currently running the AEV 2" Spacer Kit, AEV Geometry Correction Kit, Front Adjustable Track Bar and Rubicon Extended Front LCAs.

Would replacing the AEV front 2" spacer with the Rubicon 2" suspension lift front coils work or better to stay with the AEV 2" spacers.
Someone smarter than me will hopefully weigh in here, but I'll give you my opinion.

It depends on how you intend to drive your truck. If you spend much time off roading, you'll get better overall performance by swapping out the springs. While the spacers give you additional clearance, you're still somewhat limited to how much travel and support your current springs provide. Personally, I would swap the springs out.

If you're mainly on road driving, spacers are fine.

I installed the Mopar lift on my JTR, and it has noticeably more rake than when I installed it on my JLUR. I'm still trying to decide if I want to install spacers or not to level it out. I'm on 37's, and I mainly do mudding and mild rock crawling off road, and I have decent clearance. But spacers would just give me just a little more in case I need it.

EXTORTION

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
How do you think the Mojave shocks on 2" extensions will work in cooperation with Rubicon 2" springs. I hate to give up those shocks, but would like the Rubicon Spring height in place of Spacers