graydiator

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else about .5in to 1in lower on the passenger side, heard this is due to fuel tank, but it's quite noticeable to me.
I noticed the same thing with my AEV lift. Had the same problem with my leveled Ram 1500. Once you see it you can’t not stop seeing it.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
Once you see it you can’t not stop seeing it.
That's good news! ;)

I wonder if it is offsets the driver weight? Has anyone measured the height on both sides with no one in it, and again with a driver in it?

Sponsored

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
I’m about to pull trigger on a lift and have been doing lift research since release of the JT for the ideal cost to capability based on reviews. It’s seems most aftermarket companies were holding out until SEMA for their debut. I’m still on the fence waiting for AEV to release their 2.5” DualSport spring lift similar to the MOPAR 2”. With that said, I have been watching between this thread and cruising the Facebook groups for pros and cons of the MOPAR 2”, and i gather that while it is a great kit, it’s a little on the expensive side considering its missing some essential components for proper axle alignment. The common issue being the front axle shifts 3/4”-1” to passenger when utilizing the stock non-adjustable track bar, causing the “crab walk” axle offsets. While this may be within forgivable tolerances, most kits a within $1200-$3000 price range include adjustable components to correct these alignment issues. I came across a post by a 30yr MOPAR technician on the JEEP GLADIATOR Facebook group who was sizing up his JT with the MOPAR 2”. He said over the years he’s installed hundreds of lifts, including many JT/JL platforms and found adequate solutions to bump steer, and death wobble. He said with his experience some ride good without additional components and some don’t. Rather than combat the odds he went ahead and upgraded his 2” MOPAR with the proper component inclusions necessary to avoid any alignment issues and maximize comfort and handling. So, if you’ve been looking to upgrade your current 2” MOPAR lift or you're like me and want to hit the ground running when installing the 2” MOPAR lift, this could be a route to go. The additional components are on the higher end, but coming from a veteran tech on his own truck, this should be rock solid. I did some web surfing and came up with approx $2600-$2700 for everything listed below. (These are photos of his truck on MOPAR 17”x8.5” wheels and 37” BFG A/T KO2 and components)
1. JT MOPAR 2” lift: 77072468AB
82F3237C-8A50-41B4-B88A-D38E52A693B8.jpeg

2. RockKrawler rear track bar relocate bracket: RK07360K
F5C5CDE8-2E6D-4FF3-87AD-AE473FA9A4D6.jpeg

3. Rancho front arm geometry relocation bracket: RS62118B or similar
5B925D8E-F5C2-44ED-BEDE-F38C5DFA904A.jpeg

4. SteerSmarts track bar front: 75048001
5. SteerSmarts drag link with griffin attenuator: 78089002
6.MOPAR fox steering damper: 77072360
2B7BEA02-539E-4C40-9E56-0F2DB943EE3E.jpeg
A703F5EF-3504-41A5-9F9A-BFC8270F0960.jpeg

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
He said over the years he’s installed hundreds of lifts, including many JT/JL platforms and found adequate solutions to bump steer, and death wobble. He said with his experience some ride good without additional components and some don’t. Rather than combat the odds he went ahead and upgraded his 2” MOPAR with the proper component inclusions necessary to avoid any alignment issues and maximize comfort and handling. So, if you’ve been looking to upgrade your current 2” MOPAR lift or you're like me and want to hit the ground running when installing the 2” MOPAR lift, this could be a route to go. The additional components are on the higher end, but coming from a veteran tech on his own truck, this should be rock solid. I did some web surfing and came up with approx $2600-$2700 for everything listed below.
4. SteerSmarts track bar front: 75048001
2B7BEA02-539E-4C40-9E56-0F2DB943EE3E.jpeg
My JLU rode perfectly on a 2.5" Rough Country spacer lift & 33s. Two years later I finally got around to getting my recall work done 'just in case'. After they replaced my steering damper, I started getting death wobble. FCA & the dealership were good about correcting it free of charge by adding a Mopar steering dampner & tie rod ends. Drives perfectly again. So, yeah ... DW in the JL/JT is hit or miss, even hit or miss with minor 'fixes'.

Having done your research, I'm sure you've watched Dr. Death Wobble's video explaining the harmonics in the steering components that contribute to it. Based on this, and my budget, here's my plan for the JT I'm picking up tomorrow.
1. Drive for a week stock to test for DW. If DW, go to dealership. If not, go to step 2.
2. Install the Mopar 2" lift. If still no DW, ride on. If I get DW, go to step 3.
3. Install the SteerSmarts adjustable front track bar.

The single beefier track bar should disrupt any existing harmonics in the steering. While the SteerSmarts track bar isn't the cheapest on the market, I believe it is the beefiest ... and most likely to eliminate DW as a solitary replacement.

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
My JLU rode perfectly on a 2.5" Rough Country spacer lift & 33s. Two years later I finally got around to getting my recall work done 'just in case'. After they replaced my steering damper, I started getting death wobble. FCA & the dealership were good about correcting it free of charge by adding a Mopar steering dampner & tie rod ends. Drives perfectly again. So, yeah ... DW in the JL/JT is hit or miss, even hit or miss with minor 'fixes'.

Having done your research, I'm sure you've watched Dr. Death Wobble's video explaining the harmonics in the steering components that contribute to it. Based on this, and my budget, here's my plan for the JT I'm picking up tomorrow.
1. Drive for a week stock to test for DW. If DW, go to dealership. If not, go to step 2.
2. Install the Mopar 2" lift. If still no DW, ride on. If I get DW, go to step 3.
3. Install the SteerSmarts adjustable front track bar.

The single beefier track bar should disrupt any existing harmonics in the steering. While the SteerSmarts track bar isn't the cheapest on the market, I believe it is the beefiest ... and most likely to eliminate DW as a solitary replacement.
Thanks for your valued reply! This is great info, and yes I’ve watched Dr. Deathwobble for various fixes and he’s usually on point with his solutions. I agree my components list is costly and extensive and possibly not necessary in some cases. your 1,2,3, method is probably the way to go to keep it economic and irradiate the issue one step at a time. Thanks again!