1" teraflex spacer up front
Teraflex front adj trackbar
EVO rear adj trackbar
AEV geo correction brackets
Rockjock carrier bearing spacer
35/11.5r17 toyo atIII
AEV salta xr wheels
35/10.5r17 spare on stock spare steelie to tuck up outa the way
How do you like the MT with the 35's? I'm getting ready to purchase and keep debating if stock gearing can handle 35s or if I'll need to re-gear right away (which would make a base Rubicon much closer in price). Interested to hear your experience.
Sponsored

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
How do you like the MT with the 35's? I'm getting ready to purchase and keep debating if stock gearing can handle 35s or if I'll need to re-gear right away (which would make a base Rubicon much closer in price). Interested to hear your experience.
Surprisingly not bad. The new set up only weights 3lbs more per wheel/tire so that helps a lot (was running 285/70/17). I was only averaging 15-16 mpg (mostly city and some hwy) and haven't seen much affect on that. I corrected the speedo right after the new tires went on w/ the AEV procal.

Specific to driving the MT, I notice it slightly from a stop and though I rarely used 6 gear before I haven't used it at all since I put on 35s. I think I'm around 2100-2200 rpm in 5th gear @70mph.

The impact to daily driving has been pretty minimal, that being said I do plan on regearing to 4.56, but I am not in a rush to do so. That ratio seems to be the sweet spot for the MT and 35's.

The 4.10s with the rubi would probably be enough to dissuade you from regearing but since I have a sport I get to build it the way I want.

SFC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 JK Wrangler Unlimited Sport, 2000 XJ Cherokee
You don't have to re-gear to run 35s. I have them and no issues. My buddy has 37s on his Rubicon and hasn't re-geared however he did add a Pedal Commander. His ride is great even without the PC.

Happycoop

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
You don't have to re-gear to run 35s. I have them and no issues. My buddy has 37s on his Rubicon and hasn't re-geared however he did add a Pedal Commander. His ride is great even without the PC.
Is this with a manual transmission? I know the 8spd can handle a lot of tire, but I've not been able to find a lifted manual transmission Gladiator to try out. My plan would be to run 35s if it's anything other than a Rubi, or 37s with a Rubi due to the higher fender clearance (all with manual transmission).

Last edited:

naturally.Mary.mom

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator - Rubicon
If you want to keep the wheels tucked or, at least semi-tucked, you probably want a 9 inch width or less with something between 5.77 and 5.5 backspacing. Here’s how the wheels you are looking at compare to stock:

2B1A863D-C36D-4246-8B6C-B3C5240EA58C.png

They will poke around 3.5 inches more than stock. AEV makes wheels with a 8.5 inch width and +25 offset (5.77 inch backspacing) that would work great.
What a neat visual! Thanks!
I think I waited too long to ask everyone! I got her back yesterday, and I love how it turned out. The tires do sticker out a bit, but I guess that’s because of the rubicon fenders are narrower.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiators on Mopar 2" Lift Kit E9B0EED3-69E5-4D01-B27E-8A7A152438AD

Jeep Gladiator Gladiators on Mopar 2" Lift Kit 14775AD8-9530-4B9E-B8BF-38BB67F16525

Sponsored

Toadman

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, Mercedes SL550
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Almost retired Project Manager.
Here is mine on a Mopar 2" lift
* 2" Mopar Lift
* Teraflex Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 Fast Adjust Steering Stabilizer
* Steer Smarts Yeti XD Pro-Series Front Adjustable Track Bar
* Steer Smarts Yeti XD Track Bar Relocation Bracket
* EVO Manufacturing Front Overland Control Arm Drop Set
* EVO Manufacturing Rear Adjustable Track Bar
* Teraflex Rear Track Bar Axle Bracket Kit
Jeep Gladiator Gladiators on Mopar 2" Lift Kit liftedJTR

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Here is mine on a Mopar 2" lift
* 2" Mopar Lift
* Teraflex Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 Fast Adjust Steering Stabilizer
* Steer Smarts Yeti XD Pro-Series Front Adjustable Track Bar
* Steer Smarts Yeti XD Track Bar Relocation Bracket
* EVO Manufacturing Front Overland Control Arm Drop Set
* EVO Manufacturing Rear Adjustable Track Bar
* Teraflex Rear Track Bar Axle Bracket Kit
Jeep Gladiator Gladiators on Mopar 2" Lift Kit liftedJTR
Looks like a great set up. What do you get by adding the track bar brackets in addition to adjustable track bars?

Toadman

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, Mercedes SL550
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Almost retired Project Manager.
Looks like a great set up. What do you get by adding the track bar brackets in addition to adjustable track bars?
It corrects the geometry so that the track bar sits more level like the original factory configuration. It also makes it more parallel to the draglink and axel. It is not that necessary on the 2" lift, but it does help some. All I know, is my Gladiator rides and handles much better than stock.

Are there any suspension experts out there that can explain it better?

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
It corrects the geometry so that the track bar sits more level like the original factory configuration. It also makes it more parallel to the draglink and axel. It is not that necessary on the 2" lift, but it does help some. All I know, is my Gladiator rides and handles much better than stock.

Are there any suspension experts out there that can explain it better?
I suppose it's like putting adj control arms in addition to geo correction brackets. The brackets get you where you need to be but the adj control arms allows you to really dial it in.
Can't hurt on the 2" but probably becomes more important the higher you go

Sponsored

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Trackbar drop brackets change the roll center where an adjustable bar does not. Same idea applies to adjustable control arms vs the geo brackets.

This article from AEV discusses these and is a pretty good read:
https://www.aev-conversions.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/AEV_12ThingsToKnowAboutSuspension.pdf
That makes sense. Good find on the article.

I decided to check the AEV dualsport lift component list and interestingly enough they only include a "rear trackbar tower." No mention of anything for the front trackbar.

Jeep-A-Kneez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel, 1995 YJ 4.0
Lots of awesome setups and plenty of diversity, going to hold off on these types of mods till the stock tires wear out, at least it's the plan. One thing that I've noticed in some of these lifts is the location of the rear axle. Truck "A", the wheel looks center of the wheel well, while truck "B" the wheel appears to be slightly forward. And to confuse things, folks are listing the same parts for each build.

On a personal preference, I'd like to keep the rear wheels centered. So what would be the simplest options to achieve this using the Mopar or anyone else's lift.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Dialed in my Mopar lift.
I didn't like the looks of the Mopar lift on my Gladiator after initial installation. The Gladiator had that bug look with the rear 3 inches higher than the front following lift installation. With a little modification I now have the rear at 3/4 of an inch higher than the front with a look I like.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiators on Mopar 2" Lift Kit Glad mod lift.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: