OP

Rezurekt1981

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep J10
OP - sorry to hear. Unfortunately I’ve never heard of an auto or motorcycle manufacturer stand by their customer. I’m assuming the replacement wouldn’t be another Jeep. Although I was surprised to see other posters replace theirs. Suppose their isn’t any competition if you’re looking for a naked, mid size truck. This is precisely why I like competition and am not brand loyal. I can’t imagine how frustrating this is with the frequent dealer visits and maintaining/documenting everything. I would just trade it in and take the hit. Corporate lawyers will drag this out to the bitter end. I commend you for fighting this and hope you stick it to ‘em!
I have nothing but time. While I would like to have this behind me, I will keep being patient and documenting. They have offered me an extended warranty and employee pricing on another vehicle in hopes I accept but I refuse to trade it in and lose Anything on this truck. Money isn’t the issue with me, it’s the principle. This truck has a lot of issues they can’t figure out and while I did consider trading it in, they weren’t anywhere close to where they should be for a practically new truck. I know what I’ve been posting is being seen by the upper management and they know I’m not going away. Being that the truck is again back in the shop, they are running out of excuses to not address the many issues this truck is having. It’s pretty obvious the warranty work isn't fixing the problems.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rezurekt1981

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep J10
Update:

even though I was denied in the Arbitration, the truck went back in for more issues. Now the rear differential seal was replaced so it doesn’t leak. Also, they determined that the entire clutch assembly needs to be replaced. Imagine that! The issue I originally took the truck in for is actually and finally being replaced.Not because I am milking the warranty but because there is actually something wrong with the truck and all along, there has been a problem. Attorney has been hired and FCA was given notice.

Sal

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Update:

even though I was denied in the Arbitration, the truck went back in for more issues. Now the rear differential seal was replaced so it doesn’t leak. Also, they determined that the entire clutch assembly needs to be replaced. Imagine that! The issue I originally took the truck in for is actually and finally being replaced.Not because I am milking the warranty but because there is actually something wrong with the truck and all along, there has been a problem. Attorney has been hired and FCA was given notice.
sucks buddy. With the attorney on your side you’re going to end up winning.

It worked for me! I Basically leased the Jeep for a year.

Let’s us know the final outcome!

OP
OP

Rezurekt1981

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep J10
Update:

New differential seal installed- took care of the leak.

New pressure plate, throw out bearings, clutch installed, did not get rid of the noises. A service director and I drove another manual rubicon gladiator and it was agreed that something is for sure wrong and engineering is involved. Jeep remains at the dealership, closing in on 45 days in the shop in less than 3 months time. They have put over 4K in parts and labor into trying to fix this truck and it still has issues. Yet, the arbitrator said it didn’t meet the lemon law and that the truck was reliable!!! Attorney was retained so I guess we shall see where it goes from here.

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
Been watching this, absolutely nuts, but I've experienced the FCA denial, and they were very petty, I was actually embarrassed for there decision

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rezurekt1981

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep J10
UPDATE:

So with the current noises still existing, and after all of the work that has been completed up to this point, it was now decided by the area engineer and FCA to just go ahead and replace the entire rear axle. They will be sending the axle they took out of the truck back to DANA for RND. They "FCA" or someone within think that a new Axle is going to fix the noise, so we shall see. Will provide another update when the NEW axle is in, and if it actually fixes the issues that continue to persist.

The irony in all of this is, they have now spent over 8k in warranty parts and work. The truck no doubt meets and exceeds the lemon law requirements, yet FCA continues to not even want to do the right thing. This truck "not all of them" is an absolute disappointment. I hope anyone who happens to go through warranty issues knows that they are in for a battle if they ever have to deal with FCA. Jeep only cares about getting your money, and can care less about the customers satisfaction. (personal opinion)

Sal

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
UPDATE:

So with the current noises still existing, and after all of the work that has been completed up to this point, it was now decided by the area engineer and FCA to just go ahead and replace the entire rear axle. They will be sending the axle they took out of the truck back to DANA for RND. They "FCA" or someone within think that a new Axle is going to fix the noise, so we shall see. Will provide another update when the NEW axle is in, and if it actually fixes the issues that continue to persist.

The irony in all of this is, they have now spent over 8k in warranty parts and work. The truck no doubt meets and exceeds the lemon law requirements, yet FCA continues to not even want to do the right thing. This truck "not all of them" is an absolute disappointment. I hope anyone who happens to go through warranty issues knows that they are in for a battle if they ever have to deal with FCA. Jeep only cares about getting your money, and can care less about the customers satisfaction. (personal opinion)
just as a FYI if you dont send a demand letter to the right FCA address, certified they dont have to lemon it. There's a whole process involved.

and I'm not sure if this has been said before but there's different types of arbitration . FCA has the one with NCDS. Then there's the arbitration for the Lemon Law. these even tho they sound similar they are completely different. The NCDS basic follows the New Vehicles Limited Warrenty.

It's in the FCA Customer Care, Arbitration and lemon Law Rights book that came with the Gladiator

So if you're going to arbitration and you didn't request a repurchase under lemon law then you already lost your case because you're fighting again New Vehicle Warranty and not Lemon Law.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
UPDATE:

Very sorry OP you're going through this.

FWIW, we had a huge problem with Acura last year where the dealer sat on our lease turn-in and started charging us for two MDXs. It negatively affected our credit and cost us thousands in the long-run. Acura Client Relations and the dealer kept pointing at each other and it was a mess. We had owned 6 straight Acuras. I got Honda corporate involved and the Better Business Bureau. Needless to say, the Acura dealer eventually went under (it no longer exists) from our persistence while Honda corporate and Acura Client Relations did jack sh*t.

Bottom line, they all suck a$s and I'm sorry it was your turn on the carousel.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Sorry to hear of the difficulties and I surely hope a new axle fixes it.

OP
OP

Rezurekt1981

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep J10
Update: just got a call from Dealership, they were excited to tell me that they have finally fixed the truck. They replaced the Entire rear axle and put in another set of new gears and pinions. It has been in the shop this time since June 11th. So total days in the shop well over 60 days at this point.

Sponsored

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKU
Update: just got a call from Dealership, they were excited to tell me that they have finally fixed the truck. They replaced the Entire rear axle and put in another set of new gears and pinions. It has been in the shop this time since June 11th. So total days in the shop well over 60 days at this point.
Great! Let us know if it solves your woes. I'd get rid of that thing like a hot potato.

Reactions: Sal

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
So was it fixed?

OP
OP

Rezurekt1981

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep J10
So was it fixed?
As of right now the new axle solved the grinding and whining noises. I have had the check engine light come on and go off twice since getting the truck back, engine roughness at idle and the axle e locker engaging in 2wd. I haven’t driven it much though as I am waiting on the response from FCA first before I take the truck back in. I for sure cannot enjoy this truck!

Under-Pressure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
As of right now the new axle solved the grinding and whining noises. I have had the check engine light come on and go off twice since getting the truck back, engine roughness at idle and the axle e locker engaging in 2wd. I haven’t driven it much though as I am waiting on the response from FCA first before I take the truck back in. I for sure cannot enjoy this truck!
Maybe @JeepCares on this forum can provide some customer assistance? FCA trolls all these forums for some reason??

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Awful you’re going through all this! God willing you end up getting a new rig and can drug deal them into one of the hemi engines :fingerscrossed:
Sponsored