Sponsored

Gone Gator Gone?!?

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Done.

I was very upset at the news. It’s my fault for waiting but I was waiting for the popular equipment package to be available to order on the manual transmission overland, which would save about $2200 below already good discounts in my area. It’s on the website, in the ordering system, and on the ordering sheet, So by all accounts it should have been available. Even though it was in the ordering system, it was grayed out so the dealer could not select it. I tried prior to the plant shutting down, and the dealer(s) said try again when the plant opens back up. We tried to order the week they opened up and the dealer said give it a few more weeks, they couldn’t understand why it wasn’t available. In retrospect, I should not waited but it’s very frustrating that the dealers are not given any information from FCA. I’ve pretty much known more than the dealers that I’ve talk to the entire time because of the forums. Also, Jeepcares and Jeep customer service wouldn’t say anything about the availability of package, I did reach out to both. Shouldn’t have waited, but the dealers all said it’s in the system and should be available soon. Two grand seemed like something worth waiting a month or two for and I assumed that I would be able to order gator through the end of 2020 ordering. Jokes on me now but we’ll see what the 2021 colors are. Joke will be on FCA if I end up buying a used gator lol.
I'm sorry for you and others who got cut off. First, I waited 6 months just to get a test drive with a 6-speed. I wasn't thrilled with the other colors and waited even longer just to see Gobi (what I thought I was going to buy) and Gator, which I did order.

In the big picture, it was a very narrow window that they offered Gator. It was late summer, I believe, before you could order it and I couldn't find one on the lot anywhere in Arizona just to look at before mid-November.

Good luck and I hope they replace it with something you like. If I had missed out on Gator, I think I would have been happy with Sarge or Gobi.
Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I had originally thought Gobi when I saw in on the order page but looked at it in person at Earnhart Jeep next to Gator and even if I hadn't seen the Gator, looking at the Gobi in person I would have picked any other color.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Yep gone. But the dealer in Idaho said. Tank will be back for 2021

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Is Tank = Sarge Green?
No not even close. Tank is a bit lighter I think than Gator, Sarge is a lighter, brighter green.

1st pic is tank, 2nd is Sarge
Jeep Gladiator Gone Gator Gone?!? tank

Jeep Gladiator Gone Gator Gone?!? Sarge

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
No not even close. Tank is a bit lighter I think than Gator, Sarge is a lighter, brighter green.

1st pic is tank, 2nd is Sarge

Tank would work! I saw a Sarge Wrangler the other day and it sure didn't look that green. Lighting makes a big difference.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I was very upset at the news. It’s my fault for waiting but I was waiting for the popular equipment package to be available to order on the manual transmission overland, which would save about $2200 below already good discounts in my area. It’s on the website, in the ordering system, and on the ordering sheet, So by all accounts it should have been available. Even though it was in the ordering system, it was grayed out so the dealer could not select it. I tried prior to the plant shutting down, and the dealer(s) said try again when the plant opens back up. We tried to order the week they opened up and the dealer said give it a few more weeks, they couldn’t understand why it wasn’t available. In retrospect, I should not waited but it’s very frustrating that the dealers are not given any information from FCA. I’ve pretty much known more than the dealers that I’ve talk to the entire time because of the forums. Also, Jeepcares and Jeep customer service wouldn’t say anything about the availability of package, I did reach out to both. Shouldn’t have waited, but the dealers all said it’s in the system and should be available soon. Two grand seemed like something worth waiting a month or two for and I assumed that I would be able to order gator through the end of 2020 ordering. Jokes on me now but we’ll see what the 2021 colors are. Joke will be on FCA if I end up buying a used gator lol.
My wife and I are active in our local Orange County community and from Church activities to Little League cancellations, we've experienced a lot of challenges with the COVID-19 aftermath.

I'm far from a dealer apologist, but there is no pandemic playbook that they have been able to follow. I'm sure managing the logistics of the automotive supply chain has caused many sleepless nights. And as you mentioned, I'm sure Jeepcares and Jeep CS has been answering non-stop phone calls.

It's a bummer you decided to wait and lost out on your color choice, but hopefully this was an anomaly that none of us have to go through again.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I'm sorry for you and others who got cut off. First, I waited 6 months just to get a test drive with a 6-speed. I wasn't thrilled with the other colors and waited even longer just to see Gobi (what I thought I was going to buy) and Gator, which I did order.

In the big picture, it was a very narrow window that they offered Gator. It was late summer, I believe, before you could order it and I couldn't find one on the lot anywhere in Arizona just to look at before mid-November.

Good luck and I hope they replace it with something you like. If I had missed out on Gator, I think I would have been happy with Sarge or Gobi.
Super narrow window really in the grand scheme of things. Ordered mine September 23rd like two or three days after orders opened. They started getting delivered to sold orders the month of november. I don't know if anybody really even saw them on dealer lots till 2020.

Kind of crazy considering the wayout concept video was one of the first gladiators we got to see, yet the last and shortest lived color.

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
Love the Gator. It's light enough to not look like black in dim light, although it does morph to imitation Gobi in bright sunlight. I get a lot of compliments on the color.

Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife and I are active in our local Orange County community and from Church activities to Little League cancellations, we've experienced a lot of challenges with the COVID-19 aftermath.

I'm far from a dealer apologist, but there is no pandemic playbook that they have been able to follow. I'm sure managing the logistics of the automotive supply chain has caused many sleepless nights. And as you mentioned, I'm sure Jeepcares and Jeep CS has been answering non-stop phone calls.

It's a bummer you decided to wait and lost out on your color choice, but hopefully this was an anomaly that none of us have to go through again.
I wouldn't be so quick to blame it on Covid. Even before the pandemic they inexplicably dropped Punkin. That was right after featuring the color in the Bill Murray Superbowl commercial (a fantastic commercial that kinda made me proud to be a Gladiator buyer.) I really, really liked Punkin (on other people's Gladiators. ;))

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I had originally thought Gobi when I saw in on the order page but looked at it in person at Earnhart Jeep next to Gator and even if I hadn't seen the Gator, looking at the Gobi in person I would have picked any other color.
That was me as well. I thought Gobi was my color until I saw a Gator in person and it was over. Drove into Phoenix to buy mine, only dealership that had a Rubi Gator close to me. Usually I drive out to the east valley, the dealerships in your area have better selection and higher trims.

VirTex

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
That was me as well. I thought Gobi was my color until I saw a Gator in person and it was over. Drove into Phoenix to buy mine, only dealership that had a Rubi Gator close to me. Usually I drive out to the east valley, the dealerships in your area have better selection and higher trims.
Me three! I went to the dealer to buy a Gobi with matching fenders and top, and then my wife and I saw the Gator and went with it since we had always wanted a green Jeep. I wasn’t 100% sure about the color, even after I bought it, but love it now that I added the Black Rhino Armory wheels on 37’s to give it a military look. As someone stated earlier, I think the black wheel flares and top goes well with Gator. I’ve got my Gladiator pictured with the flag, and the other Gladiator photo with matching top and flares sold at the dealer a week before I got mine.

7E03023E-57AD-456E-AE84-984CF0899146.jpeg

E33C7EF5-5D17-414F-A7A7-8144618571BE.jpeg

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Me three! I went to the dealer to buy a Gobi with matching fenders and top, and then my wife and I saw the Gator and went with it since we had always wanted a green Jeep. I wasn’t 100% sure about the color, even after I bought it, but love it now that I added the Black Rhino Armory wheels on 37’s to give it a military look. As someone stated earlier, I think the black wheel flares and top goes well with Gator. I’ve got my Gladiator pictured with the flag, and the other Gladiator photo with matching top and flares sold at the dealer a week before I got mine.

Jeep Gladiator Gone Gator Gone?!? E33C7EF5-5D17-414F-A7A7-8144618571BE

Jeep Gladiator Gone Gator Gone?!? E33C7EF5-5D17-414F-A7A7-8144618571BE
My wife says the same thing that the lighter colored jeep trucks look a lot better with the black tops and fenders than the matching color. Course she still thinks the trucks look ugly (LOL)
Sponsored