Sponsored

Good after market LED options?

ShelbyDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
The dull yellow halogen lights are really getting old. I did a quick search, and a lot of hits come up with Oracle lighting, but I haven't read the best reviews about them, and their customer service really lacks if you have issues with the lights. So I'm not feeling good about that choice.

Do you guys have any suggestions on aftermarket halo LEDs? I see a lot on Amazon but I don't know how good those hold up. So just wanted to see if anyone had good experiences with aftermarket lights and steer me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

amoyer_01

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
Oracle, DV8 and OEM are the best options I found. I was able to get a great deal on used Oracle headlights and have been really happy with the upgrade. No issues with them so far. I had great customer service when I needed to get the wiring harness that the seller lost before selling me the headlights.

Medical_Bartender

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Willys, 2015 JK Willys, 2001 Ram 2500
Occupation
Active Duty
If you aren't married to the halo idea I'd recommend KCHILITES gravity pro headlights. They are 7" and come with a spacer which bugged me at first, but now that they are installed I don't mind it one bit considering how much of an improvement they are over stock halogens.

OP
OP
ShelbyDee

ShelbyDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
If you aren't married to the halo idea I'd recommend KCHILITES gravity pro headlights. They are 7" and come with a spacer which bugged me at first, but now that they are installed I don't mind it one bit considering how much of an improvement they are over stock halogens.
Sadly, I'm one of those that really enjoy the DRL look with the Halos lol. I'm kicking myself, because when I got the truck, the dealership said they could keep it for a few days longer to convert it to an entire LED package for 1200. Steep I know, but all the work would have been done and added to my loan. Oh well...live and learn. lol

OP
OP
ShelbyDee

ShelbyDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Oracle, DV8 and OEM are the best options I found. I was able to get a great deal on used Oracle headlights and have been really happy with the upgrade. No issues with them so far. I had great customer service when I needed to get the wiring harness that the seller lost before selling me the headlights.
Oracle appears to be a great option, I've just heard their customer service really lacks if there's any issues. That's the only thing that makes me uncomfortable. But I will definitely look into DV8! Haven't heard about that one yet.

Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
The dull yellow halogen lights are really getting old. I did a quick search, and a lot of hits come up with Oracle lighting, but I haven't read the best reviews about them, and their customer service really lacks if you have issues with the lights. So I'm not feeling good about that choice.

Do you guys have any suggestions on aftermarket halo LEDs? I see a lot on Amazon but I don't know how good those hold up. So just wanted to see if anyone had good experiences with aftermarket lights and steer me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!
None, OEM ones are the best

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
I’ve had these https://a.co/d/3d75bIN since August of 2020 and have had no issues. They have a great pattern, crisp cutoff, and are extremely bright without being blinding (I made sure to adjust them correctly). I have smoked Kiwi Master taillights as well and only went with them because of how impressed I am with these lights. I tapped the DRL into the fuse box using some cheap low gauge wire without issue. I added a video below as well, I know it’s not super dark but at least gives an idea of the beam pattern and light output. I find them to be pretty on par with the OEM LED headlights.

5F5A0C93-15D0-440B-BC40-7D153690FE85.jpeg

D57FD0AD-4CBD-4B15-B936-844F80A8CAC1.jpeg

6B302D16-0C9D-4A19-8BE5-3EE4869927B1.jpeg

OP
OP
ShelbyDee

ShelbyDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I’ve had these https://a.co/d/3d75bIN since August of 2020 and have had no issues. They have a great pattern, crisp cutoff, and are extremely bright without being blinding (I made sure to adjust them correctly). I have smoked Kiwi Master taillights as well and only went with them because of how impressed I am with these lights. I tapped the DRL into the fuse box using some cheap low gauge wire without issue. I added a video below as well, I know it’s not super dark but at least gives an idea of the beam pattern and light output. I find them to be pretty on par with the OEM LED headlights.

Jeep Gladiator Good after market LED options? 6B302D16-0C9D-4A19-8BE5-3EE4869927B1

Jeep Gladiator Good after market LED options? 6B302D16-0C9D-4A19-8BE5-3EE4869927B1

Those look great!! With a tail light option as well, I'm intrigued...Did you have trouble installing for the DRL?

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
As already said, find OEM...

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
Those look great!! With a tail light option as well, I'm intrigued...Did you have trouble installing for the DRL?

No it’s very straightforward. You just connect to the DRL wire out of the back of the headlight unit, run it around to the fuse box, and then just tap into a fuse that’s powered by the ignition switch. Video below is the taillights. As you can see they’re plenty bright during the day. I’ve had no issues with error codes or anything. I just used the transistors and then secured them to the frame of the bed as a heat sink. Taillight link https://a.co/d/3iqr6QQ

Sponsored

stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng
I have had Oracle Oculus lights for a bit over a year. They are very bright and have an extremely sharp cut-off line that honestly, takes a little getting used to.
Here are a couple pictures. It's not the best cut-off example as the picture was taken in broad daylight and the truck is aimed up 4-5% grade in the driveway.

I would have liked the OEM lights but just couldn't convince myself to pay $1200 + 13%tax + dealer activation for switcing from Halogen to LED. (over $1400 for 2 headlights...nope).

Jeep Gladiator Good after market LED options? 1659972892714

Jeep Gladiator Good after market LED options? 1659972950190

OP
OP
ShelbyDee

ShelbyDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I have had Oracle Oculus lights for a bit over a year. They are very bright and have an extremely sharp cut-off line that honestly, takes a little getting used to.
Here are a couple pictures. It's not the best cut-off example as the picture was taken in broad daylight and the truck is aimed up 4-5% grade in the driveway.

I would have liked the OEM lights but just couldn't convince myself to pay $1200 + 13%tax + dealer activation for switcing from Halogen to LED. (over $1400 for 2 headlights...nope).

Good grief they were wanting to charge you that for just the headlights? I told my dealer no as well when I initially got my truck, but they were selling it as the entire package...fog lights, DRL halos, the turn indicators, and tail lights. I would have been LIVID if I just ended up with headlights.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
OEM if you have deep pockets.

I'm happy with my Oracle's. YMMV.

stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng
Good grief they were wanting to charge you that for just the headlights? I told my dealer no as well when I initially got my truck, but they were selling it as the entire package...fog lights, DRL halos, the turn indicators, and tail lights. I would have been LIVID if I just ended up with headlights.
$1200 is the aftermarket Mopar OEM price in Canada.
When I was choosing options in June 2020, the local dealer found 'my truck' at another nearby dealership exactly as I had spec'd except for the LED's. The LED's weren't a dealbreaker so I opted to accept the truck, delivered in 3 days, rather than to possibly wait 3-6 months. I had a JLU so I knew there were a few great LED options available.

BrooksC

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2 door, 2020 Gladiator Max Tow
+1 for Oracle Oculus. Bought from a forum member and running 2 years with no issues. I ran the Kiwi Masters on my JL for 3 years. No quality issues but the pattern isnt crisp.
Sponsored