Goodies from FCA

NULL POINTER

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR Auto '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert
Received this in the mail today. Kinda cool, considering these pens are pretty expensive. Anyone else get this kit after buying a new JT?

20240316_192121.jpg
Nope, all I got was a welcome letter pamphlet and a bunch of junk mail trying to get me to buy a new RAM.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RubiAR

RubiAR

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rubi JT, 06 XK 5.7
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
Back again to the goodies from FCA, etc. - no member here who works with real dealers and new vehicles will see this sort of thing like "tracking and shut down if you don't pay".
That's one of those shady things we don't have to worry about here.

The device I brought up and showed was for upselling theft recovery.
Face it - pay cash and there's no other reason for it to be installed!
Get a loan through your own bank - there's no other reason for it to be installed.
Well, I for once can say something good about a dealer as they did not try to sell me any extra BS. I went in with an external loan already established and we agreed on a price. Didn't try to sell me "wheel & tire coverage", maintenance plan, nitrogen, data dot crap, or even GAP. I was pretty impressed. I walked in, Jeep never previously seen, and drove out with it in 3 hours.

I guess it's just how you handle yourself. I was taken on my first car when I was 19 and promised never again, so I research on all the new dealer gimmicks from time to time. But that's one I've never heard of yet.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I for once can say something good about a dealer as they did not try to sell me any extra BS. I went in with an external loan already established and we agreed on a price. Didn't try to sell me "wheel & tire coverage", maintenance plan, nitrogen, data dot crap, or even GAP. I was pretty impressed. I walked in, Jeep never previously seen, and drove out with it in 3 hours.

I guess it's just how you handle yourself. I was taken on my first car when I was 19 and promised never again, so I research on all the new dealer gimmicks from time to time. But that's one I've never heard of yet.
Bravo - honestly. Good for you (and that dealer). Love to finally hear how it can, and should be.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I received a paint pen for one purchase and a key chain for another.

Seems to be hit or miss and makes me wonder if the local dealership has more to do with it if you get something than anything driven by corporate?

OP
OP
RubiAR

RubiAR

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rubi JT, 06 XK 5.7
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Bentframe1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2015 RAM 2500, 2018 Charger
Occupation
Automotive technician, Tow Truck operator, maintenance technician
It won't be the insurance company shutting things down. You have just pretty much said that now..........

- it could be lack of payment but then it will be more than one payment missed and then only those shady used vehicle lots and subprime lenders that none of us would ever go through. Your customers must have been the type I'd never do business with to be so far behind on payments.
A finance company won't necessarily know at all times when you do or don't have coverage. I can change coverage and they won't know it for a while. It's not like it's instantaneous.

They also must contact you - they won't simply shut it off. No legit company operates that way.
So if you have found a vehicle that didn't start - the owner wasn't telling you the whole story and likely missed paymentS - as in plural.
Maybe your customers get their loans through Uncle Vito, or maybe a guy named "Vinnie"?

Most of the time if it's just one payment, a phone call fixes it or at least gets it going for a period of time ("I promise to make payment tomorrow" - company enables it for a day)
There are also laws in more and more states that cover this sort of thing...........
You must have been dealing with a shady owner who was dealing with very shady loan company.
Yeah, hope you got paid for the work done on that car as the owner themselves sounds shady.
Or it could be someone that's barely getting by. Maybe a single mom, maybe someone with a disability, maybe someone that has been handed a bad deal, could be a lot of different type of people. Maybe someone that's not so judgemental & likes to assume they know everything about everything & everyone. I could tell you that this customer is working two jobs & supporting her elderly parents. Yes we did get paid as the the customer was up front with us & told us that she would need to make payments & understood that the car would be kept in storage at our shop till she paid in full.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Or it could be someone that's barely getting by. Maybe a single mom, maybe someone with a disability, maybe someone that has been handed a bad deal, could be a lot of different type of people. Maybe someone that's not so judgemental & likes to assume they know everything about everything & everyone. I could tell you that this customer is working two jobs & supporting her elderly parents. Yes we did get paid as the the customer was up front with us & told us that she would need to make payments & understood that the car would be kept in storage at our shop till she paid in full.
You buy down, like I did - a $500 VW Rabbit that was busted up but ran pretty good. Drove it like it was - busted glass, hole in the floor filled with expanding foam, etc.
Bought a cheap clunker privately rather than dealing with the used car "dealers" that deal with such financing. Always ways and options. Was unemployed for 22 months in an economy that wasn't filled with job openings and many wouldn't hire because I was "over-qualified". Also my wife and I both worked 2 jobs (yeah, McDonalds in evenings and weekends) to make payments on stuff when we got married and started over with just the cash in our pockets and the stuff we were able to take with us when we moved. So I get it.

But this is about the FCA gifts (or are they dealer gifts) and the stuff put in for up-sells so the dealers can make more profits.

starrskream

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
Had it about 3 weeks now. Nothing but Sirius xm snail mail spam. Lmao.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing but Sirius xm snail mail spam.
You will have to go totally off-grid, move, change your name (and more) and become a citizen of China for them to stop hounding you.

OP
OP
RubiAR

RubiAR

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rubi JT, 06 XK 5.7
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
You will have to go totally off-grid, move, change your name (and more) and become a citizen of China for them to stop hounding you.
I figure they'll start bothering me in October, a month before my free year expires.

Last edited:

Sponsored

fireproof69

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Machinist
I have had mine just about a month and haven't received any thing from Jeep but I did get a dozen chocolate chip cookies and a dealer branded insulated stainless steel cup from my dealer.
I got the branded stainless tumbler from my dealer. But no cookies

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
I believe It is something the dealer sends out, so depends on the dealership.

GeneralMaximus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
I figure they'll start bothering me in October, a month before my free year expires.
Free year? More like 6 months. Better start preparing for all the junk mail in May.

Gladiator832

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2013 Ram Sport
Occupation
Plant Manager
I got my Ram in December and received the pen about 2 weeks ago. Wife said I made out like a bandit ! 40k truck and got a $26.00 color pen free! Yes!

PuddleJumper

First Name
Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' JTM, 22' JTR, 22' F56S,
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase
Received this in the mail today. Kinda cool, considering these pens are pretty expensive. Anyone else get this kit after buying a new JT?

20240316_192121.jpg
yup. I also got a Jeep wave sticker pack! Also didn't know i get free oil changes for the life of owning this vehicle not just 3. perks of buying new i guess.
Sponsored