First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
I took She Who Must Be Obeyed to the local Jeep dealer to pick a color from all the JLs on the lot. We looked at them all. She picked the Sting Gray and I am very glad. My top 3 were Sting Gray, Red or Silver. I rented a Granite JL on a business trip and it just looked black to me.
Sponsored

Jeepaholic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
These are the two I am down to as well. I lean slightly towards GC. My reasoning is maybe against the norm though. I am not a huge fan of black wheels and intend on putting silver AEV Pintlers on it. I think the bright silver wheel will look better on the darker Jeep. Hardly anyone uses silver painted wheels, especially on the Sting...would love to see one to help me decide.

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
These are the two I am down to as well. I lean slightly towards GC. My reasoning is maybe against the norm though. I am not a huge fan of black wheels and intend on putting silver AEV Pintlers on it. I think the bright silver wheel will look better on the darker Jeep. Hardly anyone uses silver painted wheels, especially on the Sting...would love to see one to help me decide.
I had the same thought about a lighter color wheel on the darker body colors like Sting Gray. My company paints or powder coats wheels so I can get them done at minimal cost. I will want to see some others before I pull the trigger.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I was dead seat on hydro blue until I saw a sting gray. Actually I was testing a black rubicon and the girlfriend grabbed my hand and said there’s one over here that looks special and it was sting.

I like it because I don’t feel obligated to run ptm fenders or top like granite imo requires. Now I’m stuck between gobi and sting. Waiting to hear more about the diesel so i get the advantage of seeing some modded vs the shot in the dark most here took

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
I was dead seat on hydro blue until I saw a sting gray. Actually I was testing a black rubicon and the girlfriend grabbed my hand and said there’s one over here that looks special and it was sting.

I like it because I don’t feel obligated to run ptm fenders or top like granite imo requires. Now I’m stuck between gobi and sting. Waiting to hear more about the diesel so i get the advantage of seeing some modded vs the shot in the dark most here took
I'm also stoked about SG but really want Gator. Decisions...decisions...

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I honestly don't think you can go wrong, but Sting Gray is IMO the best thing FCA/Dodge has ever done. I was driving by the Jeep dealer yesterday and saw a Sting-Gray Grand Cherokee... I almost decided I didn't want a truck, that thing looked so good.

I have an Anvil JKU which is the old "flat gray" they had. Always get compliments on it and everyone loves the color. I feel that the Sting Gray will be the same thing. (I don't hate Anvil, but I definitely like SG even more.) As mentioned, this flat gray stays "clean" longer which is good if you're not going to baby the vehicle.

Jeepaholic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Yep, Sting for me too.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Congrats!
Btw, 'Bossier City' by the Turnpike Troubadours is one of my favorites...

Sponsored

fuelcell1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Granite
I went back and forth on this ultimately went GC. I thought the SG would look more like the Toyota Cement but it doesnt. It seems to change a lot depending on the lighting but in person wasnt quite what I was hoping for. It is very cool though and congrats! Just got mine over the weekend and so stoked!!

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
Get the Sting-Gray!
The fewer GCMs out there... the rarer mine will be! ;{

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
You guys vote
I bought it

14 to 40
Stingrays Gray

Ordered today

20190819_210314_zpsmvxkddhw.jpg

I am getting rid of my S_class Mercedes.
So making a big change.
Going to be asking you guys A LOT of quedtions.

You won't be disappointed. I love my Sting Gray JL. Notice how the color changes depending on the time of the day and the lighting. Very unique and there aren't many around my neck of the woods and I'm forever receiving complements.
IMG_1186(1).jpg
56780953412__6124916B-D504-4810-B168-58C35CDEB9B8.JPG
IMG_2276(1).jpg

IMG_2255.jpg

Rwalk31

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU/ 13 Ram 3500
Sting grey all the way. Looks gray, gobi or gator depending on lighting and looks like GC at night

7C0AAE17-D5A1-4D09-A42F-CBFC2D44A125.jpeg

9F5C8D31-FA93-4B77-9957-8C81029513B4.jpeg

962A9337-84DF-4AC0-A83C-D736ADF3761C.jpeg

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
I’m completely happy with my Stingray Gray. I considered the silver and granite but just really didn’t want the metallic look.
Sponsored