Sponsored

Gripe - Steering Wheel Chrome

viiiball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Just purchased a new Rubicon. Comes with chrome trim around the steering wheel. What dummy thought it would be a great idea to put chrome where the sun could shine into the driver's eyes?

Any suggestions on what can be done to eliminate this glare? Not only will it sometimes reflect right back into my eyes, it frequently projects a bright spot right at eye level on the windshield.
Sponsored

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe
get a steering wheel off of a sport. or at least the bezels and swap them . theyre all black but the wheel is plastic not leather.

OP
OP
viiiball

viiiball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
get a steering wheel off of a sport. or at least the bezels and swap them . theyre all black but the wheel is plastic not leather.
Eric: thanks for the reply. I have the leather wrapped wheel as well as the heated steering wheel so not sure I can just swap out another wheel (if I could figure out how to get one). Any idea if a non-chrome bezel is a purchasable part?

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe
Eric: thanks for the reply. I have the leather wrapped wheel as well as the heated steering wheel so not sure I can just swap out another wheel (if I could figure out how to get one). Any idea if a non-chrome bezel is a purchasable part?
Id call the dealer to look in their book and get the part numbers ... you can also look online the the catalogs are somewhat painful ...

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
Plastidip? :idea:

Sponsored

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Some user on here popped his off (along with the dash panels) and color matched them to his truck. I thought it looked damn good.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
All joking aside...I would paint them. I used Krylon Fusion on some exterior plastic and it turned out great.

Sponsored

OP
OP
viiiball

viiiball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Some user on here popped his off (along with the dash panels) and color matched them to his truck. I thought it looked damn good.
Do you have any link to this user? I tried searching but could not find it. I cannot seem to figure out how these would pop off with the leather wrapping.

OP
OP
viiiball

viiiball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
All joking aside...I would paint them. I used Krylon Fusion on some exterior plastic and it turned out great.
Your joke was funny though. Gave me a chuckle this morning. I'd love to paint them but I am having difficulty figuring out how that trim piece would pop off with the leather wrapping on my steering wheel.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I can not confirm this, but there are 4 plastic covers on back side of steering wheel.
I believe if you pop those tabs and then reference this video, you can remove the chrome trim.
Or, you can go to Amazon and buy one of the trim kits that use adhesive to stick to existing trim.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit

MAustin

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR