Sponsored

Groceries in the Bed

jalbrecht55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJR
Anybody here have experience with the ram box cargo management divider? Seems like a neat idea, both a bed extender or folds into a cargo divider. Haven’t found one for the gladiator though.

I2319399_1.png

I’ve rented and borrowed pickups with the fixed/rotating type divider/extender. Works good to make a pocket for groceries. Otherwise the stupid thing seems like it’s always in the way, I hated it!
Sponsored

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The D rings with bungees are handy, but might hinder plywood hauling. (Which I would use a trailer for anyway)I might move them to the back.
Jeep Gladiator Groceries in the Bed 20200609_201659

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hawkeyes3312

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Yesterday, for the first time since owning our JT, we made a grocery stop and purchased quite a bit. With the whole family in the vehicle, our only option was to put everything in the bed. (This was just a grocery store, not a warehouse stop where they provide boxes). Obviously our stuff didn't stay put on the way home and I was wondering if anyone has come up with any novel ideas on how to handle this or if you're aware of any products out there that handle this situation? I am not convinced bungee cords are going to solve this problem. It's a small issue, I know, but it was a pain considering many items are glass and we risk breakage and a mess.

I was distracted loading the truck too as the guy next to me in his new Raptor was talking my ear off! He has buyer's remorse and said he wish he would have held out. I get that it's not a comparable, but he was ready to swap vehicles pretty quickly!!!

Any thoughts are welcome!
I ended up going with the AMP Bed Extender:

https://www.amp-research.com/amp-re...max-u-shape-design-for-maximum-cargo-capacity

For what it's worth, the description is wrong, this product works perfectly under the Mopar soft roll up tonneau cover. No more banana peppers or IPA's sliding around to the front of the bed!

Redwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Overland, 21 Dodge Durango RT/TNG

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Yesterday, for the first time since owning our JT, we made a grocery stop and purchased quite a bit. With the whole family in the vehicle, our only option was to put everything in the bed. (This was just a grocery store, not a warehouse stop where they provide boxes). Obviously our stuff didn't stay put on the way home and I was wondering if anyone has come up with any novel ideas on how to handle this or if you're aware of any products out there that handle this situation? I am not convinced bungee cords are going to solve this problem. It's a small issue, I know, but it was a pain considering many items are glass and we risk breakage and a mess.

I was distracted loading the truck too as the guy next to me in his new Raptor was talking my ear off! He has buyer's remorse and said he wish he would have held out. I get that it's not a comparable, but he was ready to swap vehicles pretty quickly!!!

For groceries and bags, I put a thick strap across the back using the trail rails with a bunch of carabiner snap clips. I ask for plastic and hook all the bags to the snap clips. If you have a ton of groceries, you can setup two straps like this and put stuff in between or in the front of the straps. Works great for girlfriend and I. If you do not need it, just loosen the strap and lay it on the bed..

L85lno.jpg

I am also using the "Gapshield" from "ecoological" to keep dust out of the bed when wheeling, and to keep things from falling between the tailgate and the bed. Works Great ! Very simple and effective design.

MPs0Bw.jpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
When I hear “groceries in the bed”, this is what I think of... ;)

Jeep Gladiator Groceries in the Bed 9F1E630D-8D03-4818-A69B-7F65C4F59105
Jeep Gladiator Groceries in the Bed 6FB5D83A-3697-4A53-A6F9-949D19AD2F1E

Sponsored

Lrm1990

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator willys and 5 other jeeps
Occupation
Sales Manager
The D rings with bungees are handy, but might hinder plywood hauling. (Which I would use a trailer for anyway)I might move them to the back.
Jeep Gladiator Groceries in the Bed 6FB5D83A-3697-4A53-A6F9-949D19AD2F1E
Well done.

JeepDadiator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Engineer
Since this got revived ill chime in, I am sure you have seen the decked system but when not storing tools, camping gear, clothing and other odds and ends it handles groceries quite well!

IMG_20200430_161514.jpg

IMG_20200430_161819.jpg

LANGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator Rubicon

I have three of these. The fold up nicely out of the way but are sturdy enough to groceries and other errands.
Trunkcratepro Collapsible Portable Multi Compartments Trunk Organizer,
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQ4UJNA/ref=twister_B0864RZLK9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Jeep Gladiator Groceries in the Bed 1600198609950
Sponsored