Gupton Motors up to 8% below invoice

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
This statement is begging me to plug Central BBQ. Best in Memphis (still in business), but perhaps you already know that 🤔 🤔 🤔 . Legend has it the guys that opened it up learned their craft from The Public Eye, if you've ever heard of that one. Man, now I want some bbq....
There is a central BBQ in Nashville also, although a local Nashville place named Edleys is better IMO.
Sponsored

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
There is a central BBQ in Nashville also, although a local Nashville place named Edleys is better IMO.
I'll add it to my list then! I'm a big fan of dry-rub ribs. Can't be beat when they're done right. Pulled these off the Traeger the other weekend and we ate like kings for a few days.

Jeep Gladiator Gupton Motors up to 8% below invoice 1629601395997

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
Would be nice to be armed with this information so that we can show dealers like the one mentioned that no it’s not impossible, ALL of these guys are doing it.
This is a nice sentiment, but anyone remotely senior/experienced at a dealer who claims these deals are impossible isn't worth giving a second thought to IMHO. It's akin to someone at a McDonalds insisting no one could sell a McDouble for $1 (okay, inflated to $1.59 now but you get the idea) - they either know better and are lying or they can't be bothered to spend 10 minutes online researching the market of their supposed chosen profession. In either case not someone I want to waste more time with.

FYI Craig Brenner at Koons (way more popular in Wrangler circles and a bit less of a discount than the very top dealers, though Craig is a great guy) notes on his profile he was #1 in Jeep sales on the east coast pre-COVID.

I just left a local dealer about an hour ago who told me Gupton's deal is impossible. I wanted to give the local guy a shot with a truck built exactly how I want, but for the $4,000+ difference of his "best deal" I will buy a one way flight to Nashville for less than $200. I'm about to email Daniel.
Good move. The $4k difference you cite above is what makes me grumpy about many local dealers. I know everyone has overhead and I know my time has a cost too - but I've straight up said to local dealers I'm happy to have you guys make $500-$1,000 more than Gupton (or Koons in the past) for doing the same deal to help build a local relationship and save me some time. When they insist though on making $4k+ more off me than Daniel does for the same transaction it let's my conscience be quite clear ordering from the out of state guys :)

FWIW part of this is Daniel is selling direct as a sales manager, so there's no commission split. But nothing is stopping other dealers from doing the same thing - offer commission to the husting sales guys and gals dealing with tire kickers and test drivers, but then realize if you have people offering firm orders via email you should have a lower-cost process in place for those sales.

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
Please feel free to share or PM me any Nashville area food or other recommendations while we're on the subject of TN food. My BBQ tastes lean Florida style, aka Kansas City style, but I'm very open minded when it comes to good food :)

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I'll add it to my list then! I'm a big fan of dry-rub ribs. Can't be beat when they're done right. Pulled these off the Traeger the other weekend and we ate like kings for a few days.

Jeep Gladiator Gupton Motors up to 8% below invoice 1629601395997
You might like peg leg porker better

Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Please feel free to share or PM me any Nashville area food or other recommendations while we're on the subject of TN food. My BBQ tastes lean Florida style, aka Kansas City style, but I'm very open minded when it comes to good food :)
Ditto!! Any mid westerners, offer up your Nashville, Kansas City, St. Louis BBQ recommendations! I’d love to hit up Memphis but I’m not going to go 7 hours round trip in the wrong direction. We’re known for green chili in Colorado lol so I’d love to have some great BBQ.

Last edited:

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Two Door Rubicon, 2017 Audi Q5, 2016 Ram, 2016 Yamaha XSR900
This is a nice sentiment, but anyone remotely senior/experienced at a dealer who claims these deals are impossible isn't worth giving a second thought to IMHO. It's akin to someone at a McDonalds insisting no one could sell a McDouble for $1 (okay, inflated to $1.59 now but you get the idea) - they either know better and are lying or they can't be bothered to spend 10 minutes online researching the market of their supposed chosen profession. In either case not someone I want to waste more time with.

FYI Craig Brenner at Koons (way more popular in Wrangler circles and a bit less of a discount than the very top dealers, though Craig is a great guy) notes on his profile he was #1 in Jeep sales on the east coast pre-COVID.

Good move. The $4k difference you cite above is what makes me grumpy about many local dealers. I know everyone has overhead and I know my time has a cost too - but I've straight up said to local dealers I'm happy to have you guys make $500-$1,000 more than Gupton (or Koons in the past) for doing the same deal to help build a local relationship and save me some time. When they insist though on making $4k+ more off me than Daniel does for the same transaction it let's my conscience be quite clear ordering from the out of state guys :)

FWIW part of this is Daniel is selling direct as a sales manager, so there's no commission split. But nothing is stopping other dealers from doing the same thing - offer commission to the husting sales guys and gals dealing with tire kickers and test drivers, but then realize if you have people offering firm orders via email you should have a lower-cost process in place for those sales.
Everyone is assuming buyers are knowledgeable about the buying process. We are upset with our local dealers when they can’t match one of the volume dealers. Most buyers don’t travel to get a vehicle for the best price. They want convenience. They go to their local dealer and pay what they are asking. And you know what, that works for the smaller dealership. You don’t see them go out of business because of lack of sales. The prey on the uneducated.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Two Door Rubicon, 2017 Audi Q5, 2016 Ram, 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Ditto!! Any mid westerners, offer up your Nashville, Kansas City, St. Louis recommendations! I’d love to hit up Memphis but I’m not going to go 7 hours round trip in the wrong direction. We’re known for green chili in Colorado lol so I’d love to have some great BBQ.
Are you looking for just BBQ recommendation? I live near St. Louis and I can give you a couple.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Are you looking for just BBQ recommendation? I live near St. Louis and I can give you a couple.
Yes, please! I edited my post to make that clear, thanks!

2kXJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 XJ
Everyone is assuming buyers are knowledgeable about the buying process. We are upset with our local dealers when they can’t match one of the volume dealers. Most buyers don’t travel to get a vehicle for the best price. They want convenience. They go to their local dealer and pay what they are asking. And you know what, that works for the smaller dealership. You don’t see them go out of business because of lack of sales. The prey on the uneducated.
Exactly. The local dealers who say they can’t match the Gupton et al. deals, or won’t, don’t have to. The vast majority of people buying cars aren’t hard negotiators or well prepared. I live in a decent size city but we don’t have many dealerships. You can save $2,000 or more on a new car by driving 90 min to a much larger market, no negotiating needed. But the majority of new cars I see here have local dealership stickers on them. Most people are lazy/uninformed/don’t care.

Sponsored

crgstewart

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
Ditto!! Any mid westerners, offer up your Nashville, Kansas City, St. Louis BBQ recommendations! I’d love to hit up Memphis but I’m not going to go 7 hours round trip in the wrong direction. We’re known for green chili in Colorado lol so I’d love to have some great BBQ.
If you’re going to Kansas City, I HIGHLY recommend Joe’s KC BBQ. I stop every time I’m passing through and it’s never disappointed. Last couple times I was there, they had a line out the door, so off hours are usually your best bet. Also the original location is in a gas station so you can kill two birds with one stone.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
If you’re going to Kansas City, I HIGHLY recommend Joe’s KC BBQ. I stop every time I’m passing through and it’s never disappointed. Last couple times I was there, they had a line out the door, so off hours are usually your best bet. Also the original location is in a gas station so you can kill two birds with one stone.
Thanks!! I’ll bring my Bronco flag when I drive through 😂