First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
This pic is me on a Mopar lift and 37's TBH I think 2.5" & 35's are the perfect set up for this Jeep.
Jeep Pose.jpg
I see that picture and it confirms I made the right decision at 3½ and 37s. Too pedestrian for me.

I do love your color scheme and those sliders/ beadlocks!
Sponsored

endurojeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
Here is my old one with 3.5 gamechanger and 38's the ride was awesome, I did however change out the rear springs later on because for my purposes the metal cloak springs were too soft when using my trailer or packing it up with gear so I installed Clayton 3.5 inch overlander springs in the rear

Jeep Gladiator guys with 2.5" and 3.5" lifts 1649388409482

Frenzy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction Manager
Here is my old one with 3.5 gamechanger and 38's the ride was awesome, I did however change out the rear springs later on because for my purposes the metal cloak springs were too soft when using my trailer or packing it up with gear so I installed Clayton 3.5 inch overlander springs in the rear

1649388409482.png
I'm liking this pic VERY MUCH because it looks a lot like the build I am in the process of. I will install the MC 3.5 Game Changer, BFG KM3 39x13.5, and a similar bumper style to the XRC 2nf Gen. I will explore spring options, thanks for the heads up. How was the tire clearance, any fender trimming required to avoid rubbing at full turn/tuck?

endurojeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
I did not have to fender trim but I do have aftermarket liners. The only thing I found was to make sure you set the bumpstops because with the gamechanger it will flex until the shocks run out and then you cant turn because your tires are up against your inner fenders when purched on a six foot tower rock. oops LOL. Black Hills jeep Camp 2021 5+ trails

Jeep Gladiator guys with 2.5" and 3.5" lifts 1649395929020

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
Leaning towards clayton or metalcloak for the 2.5 or 3.5". If you have a 2 or 2.5 do you wish you had more? If you have a 3.5" do you wish you had less?

help a brotha out.
Why those two? Did you consider other lift kits these are the two you boiled down to? Going off these two kits which I imagine are what you are looking at

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-gladiator-35-premium-lift-kit-2020-jt
https://metalcloak.com/jt-gladiator-3-5-game-changer-suspension-systems.html

You may want to add in some more parts not included in either of these kits. Brackets to relocate track bar front and back will help get you back or close to stock feeling as a start. Control arm drop brackets will also give a more stock feel, though some folks will argue might lose you a nominal amount of clearance. It looks like Clayton uses triple rate springs which IMO are the best, Metalcloak is dual which is still better than nothing. Both have extended rear brake lines which is good but neither have abs cable extensions so that could be an issue when flexed out in the rear. Of course neither of these kits fix the annoying JT issue of the rear having lousy travel. You'll need one of the aftermarket sway bar solutions or something cobbled together to get around that. I ran with no rear sway bar for awhile which fixed that issue at the cost of my tail wagging :) Both have nice low maintenance joints which is good. Metalcloak has front sway bar links that disconnect, Clayton doesn't. That'll make a lot of difference when doing harder stuff off road. You could of course purchase some front discos with the Clayton kit. In the two kits I listed above the Metalcloak seems like a bargain.

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
My very good friend that designed/built his own 7.5" lift on his WJ shot me down immediately when I asked after the AEV kit a few years ago. He's a metal guy, laser/waterjet welder/fabricator, the drop brackets were a big NO from him.

Losing the clearance and limiting the suspension travel to the stock springs were other factors that affected my decision. Still struggling with a lift, with a large travel trailer to tow. The JTR works so WELL at stock height, I'm loathe to give that up.

Super interesting thread, this is some nice photography work!

Probably. But I’m thinking you end up with less travel. The brackets make it so you don’t need to address steering geometry, but do that by lowering the mounts, therefore giving you shorter shocks and springs than you’d get with a traditional lift. At least that’s my understanding. I addressed steering geometry with some Yeti Steersmarts components, giving me everything including good geometry. I was also then able to use fixed length front LCAs (JKS), eliminating that adjustment variable.
Here are a few pictures.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My very good friend that designed/built his own 7.5" lift on his WJ shot me down immediately when I asked after the AEV kit a few years ago. He's a metal guy, laser/waterjet welder/fabricator, the drop brackets were a big NO from him.

Losing the clearance and limiting the suspension travel to the stock springs were other factors that affected my decision. Still struggling with a lift, with a large travel trailer to tow. The JTR works so WELL at stock height, I'm loathe to give that up.

I only know what I’ve learned, which is less than many people, but it sounds like our goals for our rigs are similar. You’re welcome to pm me and I’ll provide my contact info.

Slyboots2313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I wonder if the MC Game Changer 3.5" levels the truck as installed? I'd rather have a slight rake since plan on towing my track car with it, plus more weight back there with my RTT. Level unladen might create a squat condition which I don't want.
They use the same springs so I’d imagine that’s the case. The 3.5” Game Changer just builds on the True Dual Rate kit (all LCAs and RCAs, etc). I have an Overland and I feel like the back is a little squatty even without a load. I don’t have a steel bumper to weigh down the front tho.

jnack

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTD
I have the 3.5” Teraflex kit with their extended travel rear sway bar kit. Yes, the 37” BFG KO2’s measure 35.6 on my rig, a bit irritating but really happy with the combo and may get the 39x13.5 KO2s assuming they will measure 37.5” or there about

do you have their full extended travel kit including their upper control arm bracket?

Hulkman27

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Director of Rehabilitation
I cant make up mty mind between a 2.5" and a 3.5" lift for my 2022 rubicon diesel gladiator. Ill be running the 37 k02s that are more like 35s I guess. Also in winter Ill prob be running a studded 35. This makes me lean towards the 2.5", but I do like how the 3.5" kits look.

I just moved from sea level to colorado. my house is at 8300' in evergreen with a long triple switchback driveway with southern exposure. Im going to work on the driveway but sometimes it does get iced up. the diesel doesnt have issues in the mountains so far, gets 25+mpg. I plan for this to be my daily right now, going to sell a grand cherokee i have. In a year or so Ill probably get an electric car for a smooth nice ride so the gladiator will be for snow or rain days, or just using the bed. It wont have to get the best ride but I would like as good of ride as possible. Ive heard many say get the steering stabilizer and pedal monster for the bigger tires.

Leaning towards clayton or metalcloak for the 2.5 or 3.5". If you have a 2 or 2.5 do you wish you had more? If you have a 3.5" do you wish you had less?

help a brotha out.
Jeep Gladiator guys with 2.5" and 3.5" lifts CCDF7F6A-B8B7-4117-BA76-46A587075836
3.5 inch on 35s 20 inch rims

Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter

With towing we all know ideally you stay stock height.

If you must lift it, something with a firmer spring rate would be helpful for your towing. Clayton fits that and they make nice stuff. I’ve had their 2.5” on mine for almost a year now and I’m pretty happy with it. But I do not tow so I can’t comment on that.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
The shop I used for the lift and gears (trail Jeeps in Golden CO) knew of the ram 1500 spring mod for the rear. It was their immediate response when I said I wanted to tow and load up the bed with no sag. It’s not a JKS thing, but isn’t custom either. I don’t know the part number, but it’s definitely something you can order. I’m guessing it could be used with any true 3-3.5” lift. I just didn’t use the rear springs JKS provided. I was all set to buy the AEV dual sport as well. A different shop told me the brackets are junk. They said they remove a ton of those kits for customers. That was enough for me to move on from that option. I also have sumo springs replacing all of my bump stops to get rid of any bottoming out thuds. The lift is great, so I’ve only felt a bump stop one time so far. It was my fault, and the sumos made it cushy.
y referenced durability issues. They said they were geared towards being easy DIY kits. I don’t see why the mopar LCAs would be involved in the problems though. I pushed a bit, as AEV has a good reputation and uses these kits on their vehicle builds. They said AEV used to use 3rd party suspension in their builds, but probably profit more from using in-house components. Again, this is coming third party from a Jeep shop in Frisco CO. I have no dir
Probably. But I’m thinking you end up with less travel. The brackets make it so you don’t need to address steering geometry, but do that by lowering the mounts, therefore giving you shorter shocks and springs than you’d get with a traditional lift. At least that’s my understanding. I addressed steering geometry with some Yeti Steersmarts components, giving me everything including good geometry. I was also then able to use fixed length front LCAs (JKS), eliminating that adjustment variable.
Here are a few pictures.

Jeep Gladiator guys with 2.5" and 3.5" lifts CCDF7F6A-B8B7-4117-BA76-46A587075836

This is really interesting....and the first time I have heard anything negative about the AEV lift. I find it interesting the potential connection between their brackets and shorter shocks. Really not sure how that plays a role because the brackets are just for the front control arms...theres no bracket for the shock mounts that I am aware of.

But it has me wanting to dig into it more. Anyone else have any concerns or problems with the AEV lift? This was the route I was going to go to take advantage of heavier springs and to retain the factory control arms for NVH reasons.

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.
This is really interesting....and the first time I have heard anything negative about the AEV lift. I find it interesting the potential connection between their brackets and shorter shocks. Really not sure how that plays a role because the brackets are just for the front control arms...theres no bracket for the shock mounts that I am aware of.

But it has me wanting to dig into it more. Anyone else have any concerns or problems with the AEV lift? This was the route I was going to go to take advantage of heavier springs and to retain the factory control arms for NVH reasons.
I too am interested. I am happy to trade a little clearance for the geometry brackets that keep NVH and ride at a factory OEM level. Even EVO and TeraFlex are offering geometry brackets for the JT because it makes more sense for the overlanding style vs pure rock crawling. AEV is also using longer than factory shocks and springs, so I’m not sure where that info is coming from.

cberges77

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
operations
2.5" Skyjacker here on 37's on 22×12s. Plenty of room for 38's if I wanted. Adjustable track bar and LCA brackets too. The ride feels like factory almost. 2020 Mojave

Snapchat-285806282.jpg

SMITTY NY

First Name
Smitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I too am interested. I am happy to trade a little clearance for the geometry brackets that keep NVH and ride at a factory OEM level. Even EVO and TeraFlex are offering geometry brackets for the JT because it makes more sense for the overlanding style vs pure rock crawling. AEV is also using longer than factory shocks and springs, so I’m not sure where that info is coming from.
I have the AEV Dual Sport 2.5 in lift kit, on for 20k + mikes so far no issues….I drive 200+ miles to mountains for downhill biking/camping and she goes off road too.

I have front n rear Teraflex spacers, Clayton F&R track bars and sway bar end links to accommodate the steel bumper/winch and RTT setup. Drives great 👍
Sponsored