First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
This and the info/discussion related to the worn engine pics above are worthy of their own discussion. Wonder how much it would cost my dealership to open things up and let me take pics
First line of defensive and substantial hard fact data is to get an oil analysis. If your metals are high, youā€™d have pics like those posted. At least a lab report would prepare you for something brewing.
Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
First line of defensive and substantial hard fact data is to get an oil analysis. If your metals are high, youā€™d have pics like those posted. At least a lab report would prepare you for something brewing.
To add to that if you floor it and get misfires. Get a cheap engine scanner. If the misfires are linked to 1 side of the engine. I will bet alot of money, you have a bad cam. I have been running 100 percent right just looking at data on 3 machines so far.

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
To add to that if you floor it and get misfires. Get a cheap engine scanner. If the misfires are linked to 1 side of the engine. I will bet alot of money, you have a bad cam. I have been running 100 percent right just looking at data on 3 machines so far.
What are your metal counts in your analysis reports?

MikeyK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Teacher
Good info everybody! Thanks

My dealer said Penzoil, I was thinking Mobile 1, used to use Royal Purple in my 2012.

So no Valvoline? šŸ˜‚

Jeep Gladiator Hard time finding my favorite oil 1648405582488

Sponsored

Big John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M715x2, 92 YJ, 20 Gladiator
15 quarts a change? It only has a 5 quart capacity. What are you doing with the other 10?

If you're using 3x the oil each time, of course it's going to be way more expensive. You might be able to save cash by just using the 5 quarts it needs.
Yeah, it;s a 15 quart oil change exactly. The swapped Dodge Demon takes 6 quarts, the Canton remote sump (blue thingy) takes 3 quarts, the 2 filters take 2 quarts and the oil cooler and all 40 something feet of -AN 10 hose take 4 quarts. Add it all up? 15 quarts. I'm not complaining, just asking around about other people's experience with different synthetic 0W-40's.
Jeep Gladiator Hard time finding my favorite oil OilChange

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Yeah, it;s a 15 quart oil change exactly. The swapped Dodge Demon takes 6 quarts, the Canton remote sump (blue thingy) takes 3 quarts, the 2 filters take 2 quarts and the oil cooler and all 40 something feet of -AN 10 hose take 4 quarts. Add it all up? 15 quarts. I'm not complaining, just asking around about other people's experience with different synthetic 0W-40's.
Jeep Gladiator Hard time finding my favorite oil OilChange
Think you would have been better off with a dry sump.

Big John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M715x2, 92 YJ, 20 Gladiator
Think you would have been better off with a dry sump.
I was channeling my inner plumber. Or plumbing my inner channels.
(Damn! These VA painkillers work!)

donaldus

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1974 VW
Occupation
Driver
You want a similar oil to Mobil 1ā€¦. That might take some homework. Mobil 1 is a stage 4 oil,ā€¦meaning it went through an added filtration from the usual stage 3 oils. Last year or so ago I was using Mobil 3000, (stage 3) full synthetic and thought Iā€™d like to upgrade to a better oil. Mobil 1 was the upgrade BUT after talking with the Mobil rep at Miller Supply up here south of Calgary, he explained Mobil 1 is a stage 4 oil,..meaning the 4th filtration has taken the waxes out.
I thought, ok, Iā€™ll try it. Mind you, I was only testing it out in my 2017 Tacoma at the time and what I found using that oil was that the engine ā€œticksā€ were louder, my wife even noticed it. I switched back to Mobil 3000 and the ā€œtickingā€ went away, or became normal again to what I was use to. Did that engine need the waxes?? Maybe. Do you need a stage 4 oil? I donā€™t think so.

I use Amsoil, itā€™s a stage 3 oil. (Not promoting it) Use what you want. The focus you should look at are the designations on the back. If it has the SN and plus, youā€™re good. If it has the Sā€Mā€, itā€™s the most modern technology in that oil.

To find other ā€œsimilarā€ oils is to also buy the quarts, pour off samples in little bottles and send them in for oil analysis. Cross check the numbers and additives to see if theyā€™re similar.
Amsoil user, too. I order the ā€œkitā€ every 3k change, that way I have the next change on hand. Also add Archoil and Zmax to the mix. No ticks yet!
Sponsored