Sponsored

Hard Top or Soft Top?

Are you or have you bought/ordered a hard top or a soft top?

• Total voters

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
The soft top looks funny to me. Like a wrangler with a bed rather than a truck. I’m not even a huge fan of the black hard top for the same reason but that’s what I’ve got. I plan to paint some or all of it.
Sponsored

MoparMan

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Existence
I went soft top, I live in SWFL & it’s rarely driven on the highway. I love being able to throw the top back. I do think it looks a bit off in that position aestheticall, but the truck is for my enjoyment.

I think the factory black hard top looks hideous, soft top looks better than the black hard top when closed up. I do like the body colored hard top, but too much of a PITA to get open air time. I’m looking forward to MyTop USA’s electric top for the JT. They pitch it as quieter than the factory hard top (I’m assuming it’s not as quiet as a hard top with headliner) and it is supposed to go all the way back over the bed. More than likely I will be switching to that when it comes out, it certainly won’t be the cheapest option, cost is probably the biggest drawback.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I have the black hard top on a Gator and think it looks great. The color matched are nice but didn't want to pay extra for that, plus I think I won't feel as bad if I scratch black paint vs. body color. I might have went soft top to save some money but my wife wanted it, because she thought it felt "safer". I'm in PA so the hard top will help with the winter weather, too.

Anyway, just installed the Sunrider recently, so now I feel like I have the best of both worlds!

Biggest question is, where is the tan soft top?! Shocked that's not an option yet...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab; 2020 Lincoln Navigator; 2019 Volvo XC60 T8
Occupation
self-employed
The last two Wranglers I had I ordered the dual top option and the soft top never was put on either of them. If I order a Gladiator, just going with the hard top. Keep in mind they haven't been my daily drivers either, so I tend to just take the hard top off and leave it off most of the summer. Like others have said, I don't really care for how the Gladiator looks with the soft top down.

SJK

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon; 2017 Wrangler Willys;
I have a hard top. Easy on and off with the lift in my garage. Nicer than soft top in rain.

Sponsored

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
soft top only for me , goes down every day

Wifes JL has hardtop with Sunrider