Sponsored

Hated my Jeep color in person. Which do I pick now?

Which color should I go with?

• Nacho

• Sarge

Results are only viewable after voting.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
That's kind of a personal thing only you can figure out. Everyone is going to have a preference. Me, for instance, finds none of those colors appealing but that is just me. I had thought Gobi would be it but when I had the dealership put multiple colors side by side on the lot all of a sudden I was like dang I really don't like that color nearly as much as I thought. I had not even contemplated Sting Gray and then when I saw it in the line up with the others that were available it just clicked.
Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
My buddy has a Nacho JK and while it looks good on the Wrangler, I personally am not sure how it will look on the Gladiator. One thing for sure: if you're not planning on mods and will be keeping it stock, I would definitely go Sarge. Nacho screams "custom" and would probably look odd if kept stock. My 2 cents...

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
It's like choosing anything else. You want a strong classic that'll stand the test of time or a flashy eye catcher that might not.

The flashy stuff eventually wears off and you'll have to live with it for the long term. It's not a bad color but just maybe not for everyone.

My JKU was firecracker red and that's a good classic that's still flashy but I didn't get a red JT because it's not what I want on a truck.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
I see some Gobi love on this thread. I am happy and sad that it isn't available. It makes it a little more exclusive but in the back of my mind I know if someone crashes into me I can't replace it. I always wanted a yellow Jeep so Nacho would probably get my nod but it really isn't for everyone. I have always liked green but Sarge has never really gotten my interest. My second color was Stingray and I came very close to folding as it was tough waiting on Gobi to be released.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
nacho is nowhere to be found and theyā€™ll stop taking orders for it in less that 30 days from now. Estimated 2000 will be produced total
Assuming this is true, does it mean that they will be replacing nacho with a different color after the ā€˜limited runā€™?
If I had to purchase today itā€™d probably be Sting Grey. But of your 2choices= Sarge.

PS: They shoulda made Schnozberry a short-run color too.

Sponsored

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
That's kind of a personal thing only you can figure out. Everyone is going to have a preference. Me, for instance, finds none of those colors appealing but that is just me. I had thought Gobi would be it but when I had the dealership put multiple colors side by side on the lot all of a sudden I was like dang I really don't like that color nearly as much as I thought. I had not even contemplated Sting Gray and then when I saw it in the line up with the others that were available it just clicked.
Whatā€™s interesting too is how different some of these colors look in different light And with the different fenders/ roof. Initially I was sting grey all the way but wasnā€™t sure I liked it with black fenders and top and color matched was out of the budget. Gobi can look really nice in the right light with just the basic fenders and top but sometimes it looks too tan and less creamy when the lighting is different. To each their own but I certainly think sting grey is a great choice. If I were choosing between Sarge and Nacho I would choose Sarge but part of the reason I passed on red was that I thought that Would look like even more of a midlife crisis purchase than the one I bought.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
thankfully my dealer is cool with me passing and putting the Snazzberry on the lot without taking another grand down

nacho - very very limited number will be produced, a diesel thatā€™s the color of a bus or bull dozer kinda makes sense, attention getter

sarge - classic Jeep color, timeless, more adultish

Iā€™ve owned TJs similar in color to both before and was hoping to avoid a repeat but here we are
both go well with black accessories which is my preference

of these two, which would you go with and why?
This is the last ICE vehicle Iā€™ll ever buy new and being a Jeep, itā€™s turned into this huge decision that my girlfriend quite frankly is sick of hearing about haha

examples of JLs below
Hopefully you are getting your full deposit back. Dealers, at least in California, are only allowed to keep deposit money as long as it goes towards the purchase of a vehicle.

Good luck.

I vote for Sarge.

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
If you hated Snazzberry in person, youā€™ll hate Nacho in person too.

Sponsored

IslandFalconer

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, BMW R9T, BMW X4M40i
Occupation
Falconer
I'm a Falconer and I do bird abatement at airports and in high traffic areas. I would go Nacho, but that comes down to what I do and Visibility. Sarge is classic, suits the retro Jeep Look, but Nacho is unique. My new rig is Sting Grey, but i needed a truck ASAP and it was on the lot. So Sting it is for me.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Assuming this is true, does it mean that they will be replacing nacho with a different color after the ā€˜limited runā€™?
This is a fantastic question. Not enough good colors to pick from right now.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette
I'd love to see pics of that Snazzberry. I don't think it would be for me, but it is still interesting.

I'd recommend picking a color you've actually seen, to avoid a repeat scenario. Of the ones you listed, I'd personally go for Sarge. Not a yellow/nacho/orange hater, just not sure it would wear well with my tastes.

There's nothing more subjective than color, so the recommendation of others is really risky. Like I said, I'd recommend seeing it in person before you choose it. Even if it is on a Wrangler, it can give you at least a good idea of what it would look like on a Gladiator.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
For me it was the opposite: I didnā€™t care for Snazzberry until I saw it in person. The color looks deeper and richer in the flesh than it does on the screen.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I'd recommend picking a color you've actually seen, to avoid a repeat scenario. Of the ones you listed, I'd personally go for Sarge. Not a yellow/nacho/orange hater, just not sure it would wear well with my tastes.

There's nothing more subjective than color, so the recommendation of others is really risky. Like I said, I'd recommend seeing it in person before you choose it. Even if it is on a Wrangler, it can give you at least a good idea of what it would look like on a Gladiator.
So true. For me, Gobi tan looked much better in person than on the Build & Price website. Just the opposite for Hydro blue.

But in the end, I ordered white. Plan to keep it a loong time, and white wears better than most colors. Plus reflects the SW FL sun better.
Sponsored