GoBraves95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Hi all,
My wife and I are expecting our first. Riding around in the gladiator is not the quietest experience, even with the hard top on. I’m used to it, but want to make sure I am protecting our son. Does anyone have a decibel reading of this at interstate speeds and/or know if it is safe for a newborn’s ears? I know prolonged exposure to lower decibel levels can be just as bad for your hearing as short exposure to high decibels.

Secondly, I am considering picking up some of the noise mitigating headliners to address this if needed. Any reccomendations? They seem pretty expensive for what they are, but I guess everything jeep related is like that.

thanks!
Sponsored

bd100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, WK2, ole' Ram
Ours came with the factory headliner, and I'm glad to have it. Even so, this vehicle has more wind noise than most. But it's just wind noise. You have to raise your voice slightly but not much. Get a headliner, then enjoy life!

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I remember measuring mine and it was around 30dB SPL at Highway speeds with the Hot Heads & Sound Assassin strips. I didn’t check it at freeway speeds.​

And babies are pretty resilient. Once you have two or three, you’ll find they’re not as fragile as all that.​

Kevin​

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Ahh don't worry about a little noise. If anything it'll put the little one to sleep along with the bouncing around.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
i wouldn't consider the wind noise on a hardtop any louder than the white noise machine we've used to put my son to sleep for the last 2 years tbh.

Sponsored

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Mine didn't come from the factory with one. I added the Mopar headliner and Kilmat sound deadening strips a month after purchase. Mine was $450 all in. Really made a difference (especially in a rainstorm). But as others have said, it's more about the wind noise than anything. And I don't think it is even that extreme considering this is a convertible truck.

Enjoy your new truck and your new son! ;)

IOS-XR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator HA Diesel, 21 Silverado LT Diesel
Occupation
CTO
Ours came with the factory headliner and we added the Hotheads sound assassin strips under. They made a HUGE difference and it was a cheap upgrade.

Sponsored

jensjer

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM, Wrangler LJ
Occupation
PhotoAd
Hi all,
My wife and I are expecting our first. Riding around in the gladiator is not the quietest experience, even with the hard top on. I’m used to it, but want to make sure I am protecting our son. Does anyone have a decibel reading of this at interstate speeds and/or know if it is safe for a newborn’s ears? I know prolonged exposure to lower decibel levels can be just as bad for your hearing as short exposure to high decibels.

Secondly, I am considering picking up some of the noise mitigating headliners to address this if needed. Any reccomendations? They seem pretty expensive for what they are, but I guess everything jeep related is like that.

thanks!
It's quieter than our Subaru Forester.. not sure you have an issue.. unless you pout on M/T's then it's on you.

Greg Biggs

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Photographer
Ive got a Mojave with no head liner. The freedom panels do a better job than I expected. But on the freeway at over 65 mph , it's real difficult for me to hear people speaking. Unfortunately I have MT tires from the factory I can't replace til these wear out. Id jump on getting a good insulated top if it could do away with the wind noise especially. I fear I may be expecting too much. I get the impression from what I read here that even those with good liners still have the wind noise. Maybe Im wrong.

Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys NACHO
I have had Coverking liner in my shopping cart for a week on Real Truck. $320 and free shipping...guess it's as cheap as it's gonna get. Was hoping it would drop more this week but maybe I'm being greedy.

bd100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, WK2, ole' Ram
The head liner can reduce some wind noise, perhaps, but it also absorbs instead of echoing the reverb effect off the roof panels. When talking or listening to music, it sounds less like sitting inside a box. More to the point, I am able to talk to back seat passengers at highway speed without raising my voice too much. But it's still worse than a car. And probably somewhat better heat insulation.