Heated Steering Wheel Heat Intensity

auxSwitch

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubi, FZ6
I just got my 2022 JTR and I'm noticing that the heated steering wheel does not heat up nearly as well as in (formerly) my 2018 JLU. I wish I took temp measurements in JLU, but that steering wheel would heat up to the point, if I held on tight to it, it would be almost too much. In JTR, the wheel gets lukewarm. Wondering if it's something Jeep changed after 2018 or it's an issue with my JTR. Anybody has any knowledge/experience?
Sponsored

TJRjeepn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Gator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2011 Buick Enclave, 2009 Chevy Malibu
Occupation
Account Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I just got my 2022 JTR and I'm noticing that the heated steering wheel does not heat up nearly as well as in (formerly) my 2018 JLU. I wish I took temp measurements in JLU, but that steering wheel would heat up to the point, if I held on tight to it, it would be almost too much. In JTR, the wheel gets lukewarm. Wondering if it's something Jeep changed after 2018 or it's an issue with my JTR. Anybody has any knowledge/experience?
The steering wheel in my 20 JT gets so hot I usually turn it off once the cab is heated up.

Sponsored

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Mine does not get anywhere near as hot as my wifes 21 cherokee.

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
They vary, my Cherokee is hotter than my JT but my JT is hotter than my buddy Cherokee.the JT is warm all it’s supposed to do.

COmtnbiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ; 2022 Sport S JT
22 Sport S JT heated wheel gets very hot. I also noticed if the AC/Heat vent is pointed towards me - the wheel is even much hotter still.

Sponsored

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
MIne i could leave on all the time and it would never be an issue. Gets warm but not HOT. The seats at full get pretty toasty but not the wheel

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
My wheel gets too hot even with the top off in winter

stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng
I feel like my heated wheel fluctuates. Is there any chance it is tied in the cab heat?
OM reads:

Heated Steering Wheel —
If Equipped The steering wheel contains a heating element that will warm the steering wheel in cold weather.
The heated steering wheel has only one temperature setting.
Once the heated steering wheel has been turned on, it will stay on until the operator turns it off.
The heated steering wheel may not turn on when it is already warm.
The heated steering wheel control button is located on the center of the instrument panel below the touchscreen and within the climate or controls screen of the touchscreen.
• Push the heated steering wheel button once to turn the heating element on.
• Push the heated steering wheel button a second time to turn the heating element off.
NOTE: The engine must be running for the heated steering wheel to operate.

ReverendZ

First Name
Zebulon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Mack's Toe Nacho
Occupation
Powersports Technical Support
I have noticed that mine seems to vary in temperature relative to the seat heat setting. Now this may be an abstract perceived correlation based on my own anecdotal experiences. But then again I also have to turn the seat all the way down to low to keep it from burning my butt. 🤷‍♂️

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
we're going to have to stick a temp probe to get the truth.

it's environmental. like when you go outside on a cold day and come in and run your hands in hot water. feels scalding.

30* day, come inside to a 70* home. Feels sweltering. 60* day, come inside to a 70* home.
Sponsored