Help me pick the trim level?!

draxus

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Mojave
Ok so ultimate goal is 37inch tires. I am debating going lower trim level with 3.73 gearing and then regearing to 4.88 when I get new tires. The other option is making sure I get 4.10 gears and I may never upgrade unless needed with 4.88.

If I am reading the sheets right, they all have the Dana 44 axles, so that shouldn't matter.

I want a black top, black fender flares, the cold weather package, and the 8 inch screen.

The mojave is dead sexy, but not sure on messing with it, since the suspension seems made for a 33/35 tire.

Looking for advice I keep changing my mind between sport/willy and saving the cash for upgrades myself or going straight rubicon/mojave.
Sponsored

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave | 2021 Grand Cherokee L
Had a Rubucon with 37s and 4.88 and it was nice.

Grabbed a Mojave with 37s and 2 inch AEV which kept the shocks.

Prefer my Mojave ride quality over the Rubicon.

To each their own.

Get the Mojave.

Then if you have buyers remorse you can blame some guy on the forums of the internet and feel good about it again.

:angel:

chadinsc

First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 jku rubicon
Occupation
manufacturing
Had a Rubucon with 37s and 4.88 and it was nice.

Grabbed a Mojave with 37s and 2 inch AEV which kept the shocks.

Prefer my Mojave ride quality over the Rubicon.

To each their own.

Get the Mojave.

Then if you have buyers remorse you can blame some guy on the forums of the internet and feel good about it again.

:angel:
whats your opinion on the 4.10 vs the 4.88 gears? 4.10 just fine or 4.88 mo better?

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
What’s your budget, OP? That’s the question that you need to answer. I’m in a similar boat (buying shortly) and I’ll throw out my two cents.

What is the cost of the parts/equipment that you’d be missing out on if you going with a lower trim? What is the timeline on how long it would take you to do the work? If that’s what I want, I need to buy it, as I’ll never get around to building it.

From my perspective…I’d never get around to installing gears and lockers myself or paying someone else to do it. Skid plates, premium audio, larger tires, upgraded suspension (Rubicon or Mojave), cold weather package, etc.

If I was younger, didn’t get sore every time I spent hours wrenching on something, and my time was worth less to me than my money, I’d say “build what you want, as you’re able.”

At this point though…my advice would be to buy what you can afford. Hit the ‘Easy’ button (Mojave or Rubicon), provided you do the math (I.e. Will 4.10 gearing and the factory axles REALLY work for your 37’s?) and don’t find that you’re just going to have to replace/upgrade a chunk of that stuff that you paid a premium for.

In my case…based on past experience (what I’d want to build and what I’d use it for)…the Rubicon or Mojave would an ‘Easy’ button purchase for me, as I’ve got not interest in jacking it up and running huge tires.

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
If you will at some point want a locker in the rear but are okay without one in the front, Mojave. If you will want lockers front and back, Rubicon. If you don't care about lockers, you are probably better off going with a lower trim and upgrading the gearing.

Edit: Assuming you have no interest in the diesel which would have the taller gears regardless but likely wouldn't NEED an upgrade. Also, an automatic with 4.10s will likely be more livable than a manual with 4.10s, so that is something to consider.

Sponsored

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Save the money. Loaded sport S. Diesel or max tow and go 37s and whatever lift you want. Skip the regear with either. Unless you are a racecar driver lol.

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
The mojave is dead sexy, but not sure on messing with it, since the suspension seems made for a 33/35 tire.
What do you mean by that? Unless there's something I'm missing (which is possible), you can just add a spacer lift to the Mojave stock suspension and fit 37s under it easily. As is, you can get 35s under it with no lift.

Also remember that the Rubicons and Mojaves have fender flares that sit higher, so that will help with wheel clearance when the time comes.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so ultimate goal is 37inch tires. I am debating going lower trim level with 3.73 gearing and then regearing to 4.88 when I get new tires. The other option is making sure I get 4.10 gears and I may never upgrade unless needed with 4.88.

If I am reading the sheets right, they all have the Dana 44 axles, so that shouldn't matter.

I want a black top, black fender flares, the cold weather package, and the 8 inch screen.

Looking for advice I keep changing my mind between sport/willy and saving the cash for upgrades myself or going straight rubicon/mojave.
In my opinion, the gear ratio doesn’t matter during purchase if your goal is 37’s. I have a rubicon and regeared for 37’s. The difference ends up being the things that only come with the rubicon. 4:1 low range, front and rear lockers, automatic sway bar disconnect, and off road plus mode. All of these features cost a ton to add, and ALL of them are amazing and useful if you use it off road. And I don’t know why anyone would put 37’s on if the goal wasn’t to gain ground clearance.

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
Its really your choice the last five jeeps I have had were all RUBIS .
The glad is the first one I really added any extras to.You will hear both being great its your choice.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
In my opinion, the gear ratio doesn’t matter during purchase if your goal is 37’s. I have a rubicon and regeared for 37’s. The difference ends up being the things that only come with the rubicon. 4:1 low range, front and rear lockers, automatic sway bar disconnect, and off road plus mode. All of these features cost a ton to add, and ALL of them are amazing and useful if you use it off road. And I don’t know why anyone would put 37’s on if the goal wasn’t to gain ground clearance.
Mojave has Off Road+ and rear locker brah.

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
What do you mean by that? Unless there's something I'm missing (which is possible), you can just add a spacer lift to the Mojave stock suspension and fit 37s under it easily. As is, you can get 35s under it with no lift.

Also remember that the Rubicons and Mojaves have fender flares that sit higher, so that will help with wheel clearance when the time comes.
Some people are throwing smaller 37s (ko2s) on stock mojaves with no lift at all. I wouldn't suggest it, you seem to lose a lot of travel on your suspension, but it "fits"

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Mojave has Off Road+ and rear locker brah.
Yep, but doesn’t have front locker or sway bar disconnect. And how’s the low range ratio, Brah?

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Some people are throwing smaller 37s (ko2s) on stock mojaves with no lift at all. I wouldn't suggest it, you seem to lose a lot of travel on your suspension, but it "fits"
Agreed. I don’t agree with “they fit”, unless they fit with no rub at full articulation, with sway bar disconnected. Otherwise they only fit at the mall.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
lmao, you posted bad info, you're corrected, and then "but What ABou THIS???"
I accurately posted details about the rubicon in comparison to buying a sport and adding all of that. Bad info? Go back to your troll cave.
Sponsored