Sponsored

Hit and run

• Thread starter Deleted member 30519
  • Start date
  • Watchers 13
OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

Wow , they want $300 to ship this tailgate. LoL that brings the price up to $1,830. That can be a deal breaker for me.
Sponsored

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
I got rear-ended in my JKU a couple years ago and used some of the insurance money to buy an aftermarket steel bumper to replace my trashed stock plastic bumper. The collision place told me the insurance company had estimated $390 for a MOPAR replacement bumper, plus labor (which was trivial). I told them not to buy one or put anything on. When we settled up, I got a check from them for the $390+ and put the new bumper on myself.

Maybe this varies by state. Also, I owned the Jeep outright (no lienholder).

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

I got rear-ended in my JKU a couple years ago and used some of the insurance money to buy an aftermarket steel bumper to replace my trashed stock plastic bumper. The collision place told me the insurance company had estimated #390 for a MOPAR replacement bumper, plus labor (which was trivial). I told them not to buy one or put anything on. When we settled up, I got a check from them for the #390+ and put the new bumper on myself.

Maybe this varies by state. Also, I owned the Jeep outright (no lienholder).
Yeah when you own it outright you have alot more flexibility with the money and what you can do. I'm gonna take it somewhere tomorrow and see what they say. Im having second thoughts on this willco tailgate now .. $300 shipping !

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

Yeah when you own it outright you have alot more flexibility with the money and what you can do. I'm gonna take it somewhere tomorrow and see what they say. Im having second thoughts on this willco tailgate now .. $300 shipping !
Apparently the wilco tailgate is still in production. They told me 5 weeks

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

So I finally just ordered the willco tiregate. I realized the tax must of been included in the shipping because the final price was only $1,980 @ price tag of $1,680.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Please post some pictures of the Willco when installed.

I hope the insurance company treats you right!
Sponsored